The Guru Cave Trading Company Special Tournament - Unlimited Format : Postponed

seminc

Title

Sponsored by: seminc 

Date

The Tournament begins 3 days after all positions are filled, and lasts until all matches have been completed. Players inactive for more than 7 days will be dropped, and their opponent will be given a win for their game.

Tournament Size

16 Player Tournament, positions will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Format

Unlimited — HGSS-SSG, Restricted Cardpool.
You may use any card available in game, with these restrictions.

• Common cards are allowed in games.
  • Uncommon cards are allowed in games.
  • Rare Cards are allowed in games.
  • Rare Holo cards are NOT allowed in games. 
  • EX Cards are NOT allowed in games.
  • Full Art Ultra Rare cards are NOT allowed in games.
  • Secret Rare cards are NOT allowed in games.
  • Promo cards are NOT allowed in games. 

Errata:

• Reverse Holo cards are allowed in games, as long as the card they represent is not rarer than Non Holo Rare.
  • Non Holo Rare cards that are merchandise exclusive reprints of Holo Rare cards (I.e. Aromatisse XY, Non Holo) are not allowed in games.
  • In a case where a legal card has an Ultra Rare Print (i.e. FA Lysandre), you may only use the Regular/Reverse Foil version of said cards.

You must set your deck sharing options to "Friend Battles Only" or "Always" to participate. 

Each player must show their deck to seminc in game. Your data will remain private, seminc is not competing.

Ban List

To ensure a fun and fair experience, the following cards are banned: 

• Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear
  • Nuzleaf (FLF 6)

Prize Pool (This will be updated as donations are added)

Prize pool not final

Tournament Rules

1. Your forum account must be at least 2 months old on the first day of this tournament.
  2. By joining this Tournament, you agree to comply with all PTCGO Rules, act politely towards everyone involved and compete in accordance with the spirit of the game.
  3. If you wish to donate, you must send your donation to seminc before the Tournament begins, or you will not be registered as a donor.

Tournament Structure

• 1 Round of Best of 3 Swiss Pairings, Single Elimination
  • 3 Rounds of Standard Single Elimination Swiss Pairings

Any disconnection during a game will result in a loss of that game.

Participants:

1. .
  2. .
  3. .
  4. .
  5. .
  6. .
  7. .
  8. .
  9. .
  10. .
  11. .
  12. .
  13. .
  14. .
  15. .
  16. .

Donors:

[table]Donor Amount[/table]

Participants:

1. yLe
  2. meagseevee
  3. OU7C4ST
  4. Deadfun

Donors:

[table]awesome_guy (Not Competing)6 Roaring Skies[/table]

what's ssg? (if you don't mind me asking)

Steam Siege :)

Hey Seminc!

If you don't mind me asking, are Non Foil Rare Versions of a Normal Foil Card due to a theme deck allowed, for example Aromatisse? (It is a Holo in a set, but the theme deck has a non foil print). 

Hey Seminc!

If you don't mind me asking, are Non Foil Rare Versions of a Normal Foil Card due to a theme deck allowed, for example Aromatisse? (It is a Holo in a set, but the theme deck has a non foil print). 

If the original print is holo Rare, it is disqualified from the format. I will make a clause in the format rules to explain this more clearly. Thanks for pointing it out!

Hey Seminc!

Ohhhhhhh thanks :D I was half expecting it to be some kind of side set like kss XD

Also, I'd like to donate 6rs packs to the prizes. I won't be participating (seems kinda complicated for me) but I couldn't help resist donating once I saw seminc's name on this. Will send the donation as soon as my connection gets back up :)

Ohhhhhhh thanks :D I was half expecting it to be some kind of side set like kss XD

Also, I'd like to donate 6rs packs to the prizes. I won't be participating (seems kinda complicated for me) but I couldn't help resist donating once I saw seminc's name on this. Will send the donation as soon as my connection gets back up :)

Thank you for your contribution! awesome_guy gets 3 Guru Points.

just letting any tournament director know that my game client is still crashing at 98 percent and if i'm not able to complete first round I'd like to withdraw from tournament. thanks

just letting any tournament director know that my game client is still crashing at 98 percent and if i'm not able to complete first round I'd like to withdraw from tournament. thanks

there is still a decent amount of time before round 1 begins, so hopefully that won't be necessary. Either way, good luck getting it working again.

Update the Tournament with the following changes:

• Changed Tournament size to 16 players (from 32)
  • Changed part 1 to 1 Round, Best of 3 Swiss (formerly 2)
  • Updated Prizes accordingly.

Due to my real life getting a bit busy, I am suspending this tournament until later. All donated prizes will be refunded. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I plan on using this as the GCTC Tournament thread, so please do not post on it after 14 days, so it doesn't get locked before i revive it.

Archived