Mechanic on Break cards (on abilities of BkP Trevenant and FlF Pyroar)

Taschen88

Hello, I was using my Lugia-Break to attack a BkP Trevenant, and apparently I was required more than 3 Energy to use Lugia's Intensifying Burn attack, but couldn't. (I had 3 basic Lightning Energy at the time.) I supposed Trevenant's Ability blocked it.

However, oddly enough, the same Lugia-Break can hit/damage Pyroar. This was in a different VS battle though that happened last weekend.

Are Pokemon with Break-Evolution officially considered Evolved, or are they still treated as Basic Pokemon? Either way, which ruling should be kept consistent about it?

Thank you

They are officially considered evolved. If Trevenant (BP) is making an evolved Lugia BREAK increase the energy requirement, that is a bug.

So it's more than just Silent Lab that's bugged. It seems that any effect that targets Basics also targets BREAKs that evolve from Basics, even though they aren't technically Basics anymore.

Its frustrating for me since I'm new to the TCG game and was using the functionality of the cards in my PTCGO play to guide me in my local league card usage. I like denial so I've used Mr. Mime/Bench Barrier, Carbink&Break/FCO ones, and Silent Lab (not with Mr Mime lol). I can't remember if my Carbink Break was able to hit Pyroar last night since I was half asleep, but I remember loosing that battle when I shouldn't have. 

I hope these glitches are a priority for the programmers.

I run with the Carbink Break and always see the down arrow when Silent Lab is played. I've already posted about that, but yesterday (7/17/16), my Carbink Break was playing opposite a Lugia Break. I figured my opponent had too many cards so I played a Silent Lab, followed by Delinquent. The down arrow showed up on my Carbink Break, as I expected, but as I dropped the Delinquent, I noticed that Lugia (Fates Collide 78 with Pressure) didn't have the same. Both of our base cards were Basic with a Break on them. It was strange so two turns later, I did it again and confirmed that Lugia Break didn't suffer the lockout that Carbink Break suffers under Silent Lab. I do not know if this helps (sorry, not game logs were saved), but there you go...

• 2 weeks later...

it's sad that no one from the support team has replied to this :(

and yes, i ran into the same situation with carbink-break yesterday in a vs battle

so, silent lab was out, and carbink-break was my basic pokemon.

it got hit by dialga-ex or something. :(

i don't exactly remember, but i think special conditions get removed when the break cards are put into play. so technically, they ARE evolved when they are in their break forms, right??

I run with the Carbink Break and always see the down arrow when Silent Lab is played. I've already posted about that, but yesterday (7/17/16), my Carbink Break was playing opposite a Lugia Break. I figured my opponent had too many cards so I played a Silent Lab, followed by Delinquent. The down arrow showed up on my Carbink Break, as I expected, but as I dropped the Delinquent, I noticed that Lugia (Fates Collide 78 with Pressure) didn't have the same. Both of our base cards were Basic with a Break on them. It was strange so two turns later, I did it again and confirmed that Lugia Break didn't suffer the lockout that Carbink Break suffers under Silent Lab. I do not know if this helps (sorry, not game logs were saved), but there you go...

I wonder if Silent Lab needs a temporary ban from online to fix the problem associated w/ some, but not all, basics, in order to avoid overuse of that card to KO Carbink BREAK w/ EXes w/o other ability-nullifiers used beforehand...

Wow it's almost a month since I posted this. The game was updated because of Steam Siege set being added...
And still no word from moderators

Wow it's almost a month since I posted this. The game was updated because of Steam Siege set being added...

And still no word from moderators

As listed in the Patch Notes, the bug regarding Silent Lab's effect carrying over onto BREAK Pokemon has been fixed.

As listed in the Patch Notes, the bug regarding Silent Lab's effect carrying over onto BREAK Pokemon has been fixed.

I am hopeful that its fixed. I will be testing soon.

Archived