Rotation Questions

bambam112686

Heres my thing.......... if XY base, FuF, PhF, and Flashfire are rotating out of standard then why wont they be available for legacy format?

I was sssoooo waiting for Toad and Laser/Bank to be reunited, or to be able to run Yveltal EX with Darkrai/Sableye or to have Raichu available to run with Lando EX or to at least have muscle band in legacy

I can understand why they wont be added but I was banking on it happening to make legacy a little more interesting, just tired of seeing the same old "copy and paste" decks in legacy............ nothing but Genesect or Darkrai in every tournament i compete in, and the occassional Zebstrika item lock.............. 

the only card that would really mess legacy up would be lysandre, its actually nice to have your opponent rely on a flip to pull something off bench

feel free to reply with any thoughts you have

darkintegralgaming has a very informative rotation commentary on the tube. I'd recommend that. 

I checked it out, thanks for the tip........... but i already know whats rotating in September, I just wanna know why its not gonna be available in legacy play

the only thing i could possibly think of would be that they wont be available in legacy until the ENTIRE XY expansion rotates, as BW and HGSS have

Well, if I'm not wrong you can play almost everything (if not everything) you said in Expanded.

Personally I would be sad to see Seismi and others mixed with the Prime cards in Legacy.

In my opinion the goal should be (once more sets like Platinum and Diamond and Pearl available in the future) a Legacy up to HGSS/CoL, an Expanded with the B/W+Plasma era and a Standard with XY, but this is not going to happen as Legacy is mixed right now with B/W and Expanded with XY. But it should be amazing that Generation 4 decks not having to play against EX to make the Legend and Prime and LV X relevant to the format. At the end, one generation = one format. Dreaming :rolleyes:

As I said, right now Expanded it's B/W up to Ancient Origins so Seismi+Laserbank+all the hammers in the world are possible and still will be B/W up to Steam Siege after rotation so even more to choose.

To end, basically Legacy was created to make space for all that HGSS-CoL cards so I don't think they're gonna mix it with the XY era soon.

Well, if I'm not wrong you can play almost everything (if not everything) you said in Expanded.

Personally I would be sad to see Seismi and others mixed with the Prime cards in Legacy.

In my opinion the goal should be (once more sets like Platinum and Diamond and Pearl available in the future) a Legacy up to HGSS/CoL, an Expanded with the B/W+Plasma era and a Standard with XY, but this is not going to happen as Legacy is mixed right now with B/W and Expanded with XY. But it should be amazing that Generation 4 decks not having to play against EX to make the Legend and Prime and LV X relevant to the format. At the end, one generation = one format. Dreaming :rolleyes:

As I said, right now Expanded it's B/W up to Ancient Origins so Seismi+Laserbank+all the hammers in the world are possible and still will be B/W up to Steam Siege after rotation so even more to choose.

To end, basically Legacy was created to make space for all that HGSS-CoL cards so I don't think they're gonna mix it with the XY era soon.

True. Once they rotate the first few XY sets out of Expanded they will probably add them to legacy (which brings us close to the shiftry problem again :**

• 2 weeks later...

Archived