Are Hackers a Problem?

Corbelle

I felt I needed to post this in regard to anyone effected just to know if this is a normal thing we have to deal with in TCGO. In my very last match I cornered someone into having all 6 of their prize cards as I juggled mine with perfect pulls where I was on my last one to collect and at the final blow on their Mega Mewtwo. Right before I clicked on my attack I received a Defeat screen for no reason. It was on my turn too and I believe they simply overrided the server to win. My internet was working fine and I was able to post a message right after to the lobby chat in which I regarded assistance to an admin. I wasn't able to get their username and I don't know if this is an in-game bug or if anyone else has ever been effected by this. It's happened in the past as well when I was sweeping but under different circumstances. I hope to receive some feedback from the community and server admins so we may solve this problem.

I felt I needed to post this in regard to anyone effected just to know if this is a normal thing we have to deal with in TCGO. In my very last match I cornered someone into having all 6 of their prize cards as I juggled mine with perfect pulls where I was on my last one to collect and at the final blow on their Mega Mewtwo. Right before I clicked on my attack I received a Defeat screen for no reason. It was on my turn too and I believe they simply overrided the server to win. My internet was working fine and I was able to post a message right after to the lobby chat in which I regarded assistance to an admin. I wasn't able to get their username and I don't know if this is an in-game bug or if anyone else has ever been effected by this. It's happened in the past as well when I was sweeping but under different circumstances. I hope to receive some feedback from the community and server admins so we may solve this problem.

It might have been that you simply ran out of time, I know that if the timer ends you don't get to finish your turn and lose the game automatically on the spot.  I've played thousands of games and never had something like this happen, I also don't think it's that likely that someone hacked the game to win, because if they were doing that why would they wait until the very end? If they could override the servers to win the game they would be doing it early on to farm as many wins as possible in the time they use for the game.

there is a bug thats been known to cause this same as auto ending your turn. but i have spotted some bugs that can make you lose very easy cause the effect isn't working like it should.

mr mime ability isn't working like it should and causing some pokemon be able to attack bench pokemon when it should not be able to.

are you sure tho the timer didn't run out?

did you happen to examine the post match summary screen? usually it tells you why you win/lose for example "your opponent collected all their prize cards"

If you did see it and it said something that was surely wrong, then it's definitely possible you encountered a bug/hacker and you should probably send your game log over to support.

About history of this happening, I remember a glitch which used to cause auto-loss when you attack with yveltal but I haven't seen it happening anytime recently.

Hopefully this doesn't happen to you again :)

To all of you who replied, I wasn't stalling for time and it was a short battle that happened in quick succession. I've come to the conclusion that there are hackers who lose and get ***** about losing even one win.

To all of you who replied, I wasn't stalling for time and it was a short battle that happened in quick succession. I've come to the conclusion that there are hackers who lose and get ***** about losing even one win.

vs the possibility of you missing something in the game state? lol the other day i walked outside and water hit my face! clearly someone was hacking the air and turning it into water

vs the possibility of you missing something in the game state? lol the other day i walked outside and water hit my face! clearly someone was hacking the air and turning it into water

The same thing happened to me too. We must deal with the Element Hackers before they ruin everything.

you should always check the victory/loss breakdown and the battle log if you think something is iffy. Anecdotes and heresay are not proof, and one can only guess at what caused this without the logs. 

This time I once again cornered someone into having 5 prize cards when I was about to end the game and claim my last prize card. The situation was where I had a Mewtwo-EX with Damage Change against a Carbink, which I healed for full health on my Mewtwo-EX every turn with Damage Change while he sat there attacking to no avail. I then set up a Wigglytuff with Expand which reduces 30 damage from any attack on the next turn. Once I retreated out for my Wigglytuff and gave him one Expand, he then attacked and applied 10 damage with Power Gem. His turn ended with 12 minutes still available on my clock and I then received a Defeat screen for no reason and copied the game log, which I then went on to play another game right after so there was no skipping of my internet. And to those trolling this thread, please don't think you're getting any pleasure from it as I read a few words and stop right when I see the first negative thing you say. You yourself are a waste of time as I'm trying to make a point rather than reply to kids defending hackers on one little post for it now being two occurrences. And to semeai, I congratulate you on walking outside for once and experiencing the phenomenon called rain. The water hackers you refer to are called weathermen. Now I know what I said in the last four sentences is hypocritical, but I thought that the poor boy needed help on his facts.

And whoever thinks that the term harassment applies to anything that has to do with hackers is embarassing. I've forgotten most of what happened in the first place, but for someone to say I'm singling out another person, that is absolutely wrong. You're not allowed to mention usernames on here from previous games, nor do I remember my opponents name or bother remembering it in the first place. The thread mentions "Hackers" in the title and is based on a certain group of people who in this case cause harm to my gaming experience. Now for the few people who see me as a player who calls someone a hacker for every loss I face, they need to know that that's more judgemental than this post is as I've only had suspicion in two of the games I've lost out of the number of games I've played which is reaching the 500 mark as I have only started playing in the last three weeks after buying all three of the Red and Blue collector boxes of the Kanto starters and found the codes for this game inside. This is an opinionated post and I'm seeking positive feedback, not mudslinging that the youth of this game impose to me, being the 19 year old college student I am while treating me like I am below the voting age. That being the case, the only thing they can do is upvote or downvote posts they find on a Pokemon forum in their free time, which is all the time.

I tried uploading the game log for my last match but after waiting 30 minutes and not having it post from my phone I just gave up and sent it to question admins instead through an email. At least it allowed that. Sorry for the inconvenience and lack of proof to back up this post.

And whoever thinks that the term harassment applies to anything that has to do with hackers is embarassing. I've forgotten most of what happened in the first place, but for someone to say I'm singling out another person, that is absolutely wrong. You're not allowed to mention usernames on here from previous games, nor do I remember my opponents name or bother remembering it in the first place. The thread mentions "Hackers" in the title and is based on a certain group of people who in this case cause harm to my gaming experience. Now for the few people who see me as a player who calls someone a hacker for every loss I face, they need to know that that's more judgemental than this post is as I've only had suspicion in two of the games I've lost out of the number of games I've played which is reaching the 500 mark as I have only started playing in the last three weeks after buying all three of the Red and Blue collector boxes of the Kanto starters and found the codes for this game inside. This is an opinionated post and I'm seeking positive feedback, not mudslinging that the youth of this game impose to me, being the 19 year old college student I am while treating me like I am below the voting age. That being the case, the only thing they can do is upvote or downvote posts they find on a Pokemon forum in their free time, which is all the time.

the reason for the responses turning out so sarcastic towards the end is the post i have quoted below. A lot of us have tried to respond, recounting our experience over the past few days or so or at least providing alternate possibilities to help you recollect what may have gone wrong. Of course we can't force you to think the same way as us even if we're sure we are correct (which i am by no means implying). However, you completely disregarded our posts (which were related to the thread) and came to your conclusion with absolutely no conclusive proof for or against the argument (which some can find very irritating since we were all trying to help in the first place)

whether you wish to take my views on why everyone lashed out in a positive way and become a welcome member of the community or reject it and either find your own way of fitting in (or if you'd prefer, having a toxic relation with the community) that's completely your choice. I however feel that changing your tone to a bit less offensive would upset less people which would make this more enjoyable for all of us (including you) in the long run

your complaining bout hacking, in a game that is most likely all server sided.....

either your just trying to be negative. or your knowledge of game programming is seriously lacking

or you feel like you need to blame others for your failures

or all three

your complaining bout hacking, in a game that is most likely all server sided.....

either your just trying to be negative. or your knowledge of game programming is seriously lacking

or you feel like you need to blame others for your failures

or all three

well said

Well I'm trying to negate the toxic behavior on here but I suppose some people just don't want to read my copious paragraphs for real logic and the one's who do have nothing positive to say. I'm forced to laugh at this thread as well as it becomes a train wreck due to a few immature kids from a game for everyone. Now I'm seeing even more people say I'm whining that I'm losing to hackers like a celebration for every defeat I receive, when in fact if they knew how to read or had hypothetical "lazy-eyes" they would see I'm only suspicious of two people in the last three weeks. Yes, I'm new to the game but the basis is easy enough for a child to understand since this is a game devoted to the youth and if you don't know simple rules such as the timer running out or using all your cards is an endgame, then I can't help you. I'm familiar to all the rules from the actual card game, which some of would never take the time to play such a horrible thing in person since it doesn't include the quote, "cool tips". I've never come accross a bad server on my part and if so I received a victory to my opponent lagging out from their game not loading. All these haters also think I believe it to always be hacking, when in fact I said it could be bugged as well. And to the guy who says I don't know enough about programming to understand this game, how is that even valid to say? Anything goes as far as the servers, but again this is meant for children and up, not just you and a few developers. I do however, know how to program my trashy LG KT phone as well as any other Android phone to appear on the servers as a Nexus 7 tablet. This alowed me to bypass the "We're so Sorry" message on Google Play and download it to my Android phone which it's not out for. It runs as smoothly as it would on a computer because I keep my phone clean, and it's ironic that my own tablet from 2015 says it's too old to run TCGO and immediately crashes. I call the LG KT trashy because it's cheap, but it runs everything like melting butter. Be warned though, if you try this, you only need to quickly download this game as well as any other apps not available for anything but a tablet, and change the programming immediately after or you might brick your phone. I took that chance only to find out it runs fine on a phones programming. And to semeai, that was a nice breaking of silence from a good roasting, following others words like a sheep. Now since I find this thread to be entertaining as much as many others do, I guess I'll limit my outreach for positive feedback and commit myself to being far too literal and intelligently humorous than the trolls attacking me are. I mean we're playing Pokemon, we all must have way too much time on our hands.

*ahem* As a computer-based game, it is theoretically hackable.  All such things are.  However, the PTCGO has several blocks to prevent it, and I assume we would know if there were a problem.  I do not know what all is in place because I haven't tried to hack it, but it must be working. I doubt that your problem was caused by an override.  It is a possibility, but it seems more likely it was a freak glitch caused by a unique disconnect.

Edit-didn't catch Corbelle's latest reply before posting this.  So in reponse: Before you go accusing a community, take a hard look at yourself.  Are you really what you think other people aren't?  Your replies have, I believe, stimulated more toxicity than those of the various other personages present on this thread.  I have personally read through all of your posts, so that negates one claim.  You call other people haters, but every second sentence of yours in an attack.  And, no O, but if you call that humor, well maybe that's the problem right there.   It's not humorous.  At all.  So please,  read your posts carefully before you submit them.

There are certain glitches that end the game after a select set of moves are used. I believe these to be accidental or exploits that the player purposely does. I've looked into it more and have come to this conclusion, yet some people here are still raving over my every reply because the word "Hackers" is in the title. Thank you so much for your input SuperStone.

Well you may read only my posts so you can keep the praise I've given you, but to some saying that they "can't even" means they're in stitches. You are now spreading the toxicity by joining the arguement which leaves your past message void in my eyes since you'd stoop so low, even after I'd call it a funny thread. Now if you'd stop paying so much attention to my beautiful grammar you would see that people are thrashing on about me not being able to know nothing I come across or I don't have a specific background in a certain **********, in which I'm defending myself with words ten fold and blowing it right back into their *****. Now if you'd be so kind as to not be a hypocrite such as I am and not post on here since you've just joined in from the crowd.

Just want to clarify that most exploitable glitches are reported and fixed very soon after they are discovered, and there is currently no known gameplay exploits (known to the community).

Since you mentioned side loading the app on your phone (yes, I read through your posts too), I also thought I should mention that the Android client (if that's what you are typically playing on) was ported directly from the PC/Mac client. As such, it suffers from performance issues that are still being fine tuned, and tends to glitch out a bit as well. Also, since the phone was not meant to run PTCGO, there could be a breach of connection to the server, or the server somehow not reading your input correctly and assuming you have disconnected, thus the defeat screen.

Also yes, this game is hackable, but all of the code is server side (I've checked the files just out of curiosity). Hacking would require directly overriding the game server security measures, as well as bypassing the integrity checks that occur after every operation.

Now you may keep my praise but just know this. You're paying too much attention to me rather than the other messages to know I'm defending myself with words ten fold and blowing it right back out at them. Now if you'd be so kind as to stop being as big of a hypocrite as I am and go back out intp the crowd that you joined to chime in from.

Oh, I didn't know there were pages on here. The first message with the same premise will do because I thought I was getting booted off. It's all for SuperStone anyway.

XD

Also, in my post before that the words ****** and professio-n were cencored for some reason, as well as pri-ssy in my first reply on here. Don't see me as a bad person, I try to balance the negativity with "cool tips" and info while roasting some random guy who shouldn't have even commented on here in the first place instead of the full block of illiterate and hateful text they rage-type out.

Archived