Bug about Silent Lab

RainListener

With a Silent Lab in play,when a basic pokemon with an ability evolve into another pokemon with ability,the evolved pokemon can't use its ability. I tested with others using Zubat PLS 53 and Carbink *** 50.When Zubat evolve into Golbat,and then evolve the Golbat into Crobat,no bats can use their abilities.After Carbink evolve into Carbink break,it can also get damage from EX pokemons(Seismitoad-EX). I also tried another Zubat that have no abilities.Golbat and Crobat evolved from it can use their abilities even if Slient Lab is in play.

The PLS Zubat thing sounds like a possible bug, but the Carbink one sounds right. The ability isn't Carbink BREAK's, it's the Basic Carbink's, so I think that's how it's supposed to be.

Hi SwordsmanN,

Please send a ticket with a game log about these issues to the Support Team if you encounter this again. You can find the Support Portal at support.pokemon.com. Simply click "Ask a Question" to start the ticket process. 

To get a game log: 

1. During the Game: On the section where the Game Chat is, click the Game Log tab

Or

2. After the Game: On the summary screen, click the Game Log export button

Thanks!

The PLS Zubat thing sounds like a possible bug, but the Carbink one sounds right. The ability isn't Carbink BREAK's, it's the Basic Carbink's, so I think that's how it's supposed to be.

Silent Lab should not affect Carbink BREAK.  Yes, Carbink has the ability, but Carbink BREAK retains that ability and is not a Basic.

Exactly what graywh said. I wanted to add that I am experiencing the Carbink Break issue with silent lab, but my other Pokemon that evolve to Level 1 are not effected and can use their abilities (Marowak & Octillery). This is very frustrating that EXs can kill my Safeguard Carbink Break.

Archived