From Free to Play to Premium please!

r00st3r3

So here is my idea. When you play the online game and are a F2P player all the cards you win and most packs except tournament are not tradable. I get that and am fine with that. But what if Pokemon TCG Online did what Team Fortress 2 did and once you buy something or spend a certain amount of real money then your account goes Premium.

Premium on Pokemon TCG Online would be every pack earned or won would be unlocked for trade. Every card eared or won would also be unlocked. Except basic cards from basic theme decks. Since you went and bought real life theme decks/Packs and spent real money on those tangible items it would be a huge reward to be able to trade ladder items and packs you get from the NPC trainers.

I think it would encourage more online players to buy physical items. I only play online but I love collecting the cards also. This would be a big incentive to buy more for a lot of players I think at least.

What do you guys think?

i dont see this working out to good for this. maybe give everyone who atleast bought 5 actual boosters by redeem codes can buy boosters and theme decks tradeable but promos can only be traded if bought with gems maybe.

but its a good idea. i just dont see it working to good same as my idea. truth is they just need to bring gems to everyone instead of canda. the testing should be long done by now. seeing its been in beta for a very long time. it is kinda unfair.

i dont see this working out to good for this. maybe give everyone who atleast bought 5 actual boosters by redeem codes can buy boosters and theme decks tradeable but promos can only be traded if bought with gems maybe.

but its a good idea. i just dont see it working to good same as my idea. truth is they just need to bring gems to everyone instead of canda. the testing should be long done by now. seeing its been in beta for a very long time. it is kinda unfair.

If you're talking about fairness then nothing pokemon can be truly fair to everyone. For example, packs are nearly non-existent in my country (Malaysia), which makes it harder for me to actually test different deck strats and stuff since I don't have enough cards. Harder for me to get this hypothetical premium rank too. And before you say buy the packs online, everything is in US dollars and the conversion rate is more than 4 times, far too expensive!

Not to say that it is a bad idea. As long as they don't pull out something absurd like pay $50.00 to activate your premium account or something then it's fine. Just don't expect it to be fair to all players because it can never be.

Archived