3x wally

1x rough seas

1x bent spoon

1x float stone

2x muscle band

energy:

1x splash energy

8x basic water

4 VS Seekers for a start. To make room, perhaps cut to 2 Wally and 3 N and drop the Splash energy. Cut out 2 Ultra Balls and replace with more Rough Seas. I don't really see Bent Spoon doing a lot either, but it may be in as a counter to something. Personally, I would replace it with a Sacred Ash, or if you are planning for the next season, then use Super Rod instead, as Ash is about to be rotated. Float Stone is not really doing much either, as most of your Pokemon have 0 or 1 retreat (aside from Octillery, but if he's retreating something has gone wrong). Best of luck with your deck!

Add more rough seas and vs seekers, jirachi promo. 3 super rods is an overkill. Have 1 sacred ash and 1 super rod

You put:

1x greninja (shuriken)

3x greninja (moonlight slash)

Consider reversing those. Personally, I don't like greninja decks (because they consistently destroy me), those shurikens add up quick. Super Rod puts pokemon and energy back into your deck, but the fisherman needs energy from your discard pile and splash energy keeps returns your knocked out pokemon to your hand. I would reduce super rod to 1 to make room for something else. Two wally, 4 vs seeker, 2 N, 3 rough seas, 4 splash energy... All are sound recommendations from others. Until September 1st, you can use battle compressors. Did I mention I don't like these decks?  lol  Good luck and enjoy the fast fun.

Actually, it's probably better the way he had it, because the newer greninja's attack can do as much as a shuriken and a mist slash combined.

Actually, it's probably better the way he had it, because the newer greninja's attack can do as much as a shuriken and a mist slash combined.

Being new allows me to say: "Interesting, I must check that out." and "I love learning more about this game." Thank you for letting me know I wasn't correct (I do appreciate it).

And that's because you can hit for 80 and having the energy back to hand. Could be a problem if N but you avoid hammers for example and other ways of being discarded. Next turn you can use it to attach it again and attack or to Giant Shuriken (or Water Shuriken maybe). You have all the options.

Also has free retreat cost which allows you to Giant Shuriken the active, retreat and make active a new BREAK to Giant Shuriken again.

And last but not least, sometimes you need to use Shadow stitching which neutralizes the abilities of the opponent: no Giratina, no Hydreigon, no Zoroark, no Octillery, no Carbink.. but over anything else, no Shaymin! It's an attack + Hex Maniac (but just for the opponent) all together.

XY Greninja hits lower on main attack and almost the same as the BPo second but not having the "Maniac", also has retreat cost and actually the goal should be Giant Shuriken for 60 more than Water Shuriken for 3 damage counters, that's why use to be 3 BPo and 1 XY Greninja in those decks.

In addition, I leave some "popular" lists from last championships.

Méjico National winning list (Pablo Meza)

Pokémon - 19

4 Froakie BKP 38
4 Frogadier BKP 39
3 Greninja BKP 40
1 Greninja XY 41
2 Greninja BREAK BKP 41
2 Remoraid BKT 32
1 Octillery BKT 33
2 Jirachi PR-XY XY67

Trainer Cards - 33

3 Ultra Ball PLF 122
1 Wally ROS 107
1 Fisherman HS 92
4 Dive Ball PRC 161
1 AZ PHF 117
1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97
3 Professor Sycamore XY 122
1 Super Rod NVI 95
1 Level Ball AOR 76
1 Sacred Ash FLF 96
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
4 N NVI 101
1 Muscle Band XY 121
1 Lysandre FLF 104
3 Rough Seas PRC 137
3 Trainers' Mail AOR 100

Energy - 8

8 Basic Water Energy

I find the next one a little bit weird because of some trainers (Shauna, Ace T's, Delinquent...) but it's a top 8 so:

TOP 8 UK Nationals (Richard Cherry)

Pokémon - 18

4 Froakie BKP 38
4 Frogadier BKP 39
4 Greninja BKP 40
3 Greninja BREAK BKP 41
2 Jirachi XY67
1 Dedenne FFI 34

Trainer Cards - 34

4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
2 Ace Trainer AOR 69
1 Delinquent BKP 98
1 Fisherman BKT 136
1 Shauna GEN 72
1 Skyla BKT 148
1 Wally ROS 94
2 Rough Seas PRC 137
4 Dive Ball PRC 125
4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
2 Muscle Band XY 121
2 Sacred Ash FLF 96
1 Evosoda GEN 62
1 Level Ball AOR 76
1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97
1 Ultra Ball ROS 93

Energy - 8

8 Basic Water Energy

Also in Italy National there were 3 Greninja Top8 deck. I don't want to make the larger post ever just copying so you can check them here >> http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2016/decks/italy-masters/

Basically all 3 of them include the 2 Jirachi promo and 1 or 2 Ace trainer. Minor differences are Hand charm or Bursting ballon in items and in the number of the rest of trainers but are quite similar in a general view.

And if you don't like Greninja I recommend you Sceptile EX deck to beat it fast for weakness. It's also a nice deck to play.

Archived