Best pairing with Fates Collide's Aerodactyl?

LordCharizardX

I have 4 each of this guy, and staple Trainers, but what pairs best with him? Trying to decide which energy type to combine with him, especially if there's something that can ******* into play faster. Or at least more reliably.I really wanna make a deck with him, :)

4 Aerodactyl FCO 76/124

4 Old Amber Aerodactyl FCO 106/124

4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107/122

2 N FCO 105/124

4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114/124

Sycamore/N is the pretty standard draw engine, and DCE is pretty obvious choice here too, but just can't think of what I want to pair with him, thought about Fairy types like Xerneas, Diancie-EX (FCO) and Fairy Garden, but I dunno.

Omastar (via Archie's) has a great ability to help get Aerodactyl in play.  And Omastar BREAK has a neat ability for bringing benched EX pokemon into the active spot.  I've seen Unown and Shuckle for draw power (and a basic to start with).

Yeah but Archie's and Maxie's are insanely frustrating to try and set up without Battle Compressor so if I go that route it'll definitely be an Expanded format deck.

I made a pretty fun deck with Aerodacytl. Is it highly competitive? No. Is it fun? Yes.

Aerodacytl is slow. So you have to have to slow down your opponents set up while you use Old Amber Aerodactyl to find your Aerodacytls. So I start with Wobuffet to prevent Shaymins from helping their set up and buying me some time. It's not a bad attacker in a pinch if you have a pokemon already with damage on it. Robo substitutes can also slow them down.

I am sure the below list could be improved, but you can use it as a start. I threw in a few more disruption things in, like Delinquent and used Team Magma's Secret Base as the stadium as it hurts your opponent more than you b/c it puts damage on Pokemon coming from your hand (and helps with Wobbuffet's damage), but Aerodactyl comes from your deck and doesn't get the 2 damage counters on it. I use Unown to thin the deck and give a better chance of getting Aerodactyl when you use Old Amber.

Good luck.

Pokémon - 14

4 Aerodactyl *** 76

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106

4 Unown AOR 30

4 Wobbuffet GEN 111

Trainer Cards - 38

4 Fossil Excavation Kit *** 101

1 Ace Trainer AOR 69

4 Robo Substitute Team Flare Gear PHF 102

3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

1 Super Rod NVI 95

4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109

4 Old Amber Aerodactyl *** 106

2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

2 Team Magma's Secret Base DCR 32

4 VS Seeker ROS 110

4 N NVI 101

2 Lysandre FLF 104

2 Float Stone PLF 99

1 Delinquent BKP 98

Energy - 8

4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

4 Psychic Energy HS 119

Total Cards - 60

Nice idea!

I made a pretty fun deck with Aerodacytl. Is it highly competitive? No. Is it fun? Yes.
Aerodacytl is slow. So you have to have to slow down your opponents set up while you use Old Amber Aerodactyl to find your Aerodacytls. So I start with Wobuffet to prevent Shaymins from helping their set up and buying me some time. It's not a bad attacker in a pinch if you have a pokemon already with damage on it. Robo substitutes can also slow them down.

I am sure the below list could be improved, but you can use it as a start. I threw in a few more disruption things in, like Delinquent and used Team Magma's Secret Base as the stadium as it hurts your opponent more than you b/c it puts damage on Pokemon coming from your hand (and helps with Wobbuffet's damage), but Aerodactyl comes from your deck and doesn't get the 2 damage counters on it. I use Unown to thin the deck and give a better chance of getting Aerodactyl when you use Old Amber.

Although in a fossil deck, it might be worth gambling on more N, and Birch's Observations, simply because adding Aero to the deck is the core of this decks ideas. If you discard him with Sycamore, it impedes you and removes one of your attackers. Adding him beck to the deck if he ends up in your hand is two birds with one stone: he's no longer a waste of a hand slot, and he's ready to be drawn into play. I like these ideas a lot, but certainly my personal pick is Omastar. He's weak to Garbo', but once he's in play, getting 4 Areo is a formality. With no Battle Compressor, Archie's and Maxie's are not viable anymore, as it's near impossible to get Pokemon into the discard pile. This means you need fossils for Omastar as well, which does make the deck even slower. The new Talonflame is worth a look here for a 1 or 2 Basic deck! And its attack is just nice...

There are probably better ways to run Aerodactyl, but I just saw someone post a similar idea and modified it to create the above. I haven't tried an Omastar version, but the above version uses Super Rod and 4 puzzle of time to recapture discarded Aerodactyls and DCE (the latter of which can only be recaptured using puzzle of Time, obviously). Sycamore is just too good.

There are probably better ways to run Aerodactyl, but I just saw someone post a similar idea and modified it to create the above. I haven't tried an Omastar version, but the above version uses Super Rod and 4 puzzle of time to recapture discarded Aerodactyls and DCE (the latter of which can only be recaptured using puzzle of Time, obviously). Sycamore is just too good.

Agree completely on Puzzle of Time. But, as I said, although Sycamore is the norm in most decks, there are always exceptions to the rule. This is one of them. Adding Aero back to the deck is key rather than discarding him.

Archived