Smeargle Portrait bug.

RogueSpecter

So using portrait and then drawing your full hand (last 7 cards in deck on your turn) will end the game (even though I can "N" and put em all back due to having 1 prize left.) No where in the description should this take place. 3rd Legacy game lost due to this issue. Never used to happen until this patch. 

sorry but your wording is confusing me, i don't understand the whole situation. Smeargle doesn't make you draw cards? and N can't make you draw 7 so you're not copying the opponent's N card with the ability... more info please?

as for drawing when you have no deck left. you lose as soon as you can't draw when something in the game (beginning of turn, a card, a move etc) forces you to draw rather than a "you may draw" so if you only had say 5 cards and a N, and 6 prize cards left, you would lose when you went to draw the 6th card as you were not able to.

sorry but your wording is confusing me, i don't understand the whole situation. Smeargle doesn't make you draw cards? and N can't make you draw 7 so you're not copying the opponent's N card with the ability... more info please?

as for drawing when you have no deck left. you lose as soon as you can't draw when something in the game (beginning of turn, a card, a move etc) forces you to draw rather than a "you may draw" so if you only had say 5 cards and a N, and 6 prize cards left, you would lose when you went to draw the 6th card as you were not able to.

Based on his description, I'm assuming he used the opponent's Juniper via Portrait and had N in his hand afterward.

Also, in Pokemon TCG, you don't instantly lose if you can't draw a card during your turn.  It's only if your deck is empty at the beginning of your turn.  Perhaps you're thinking of a rule from another game.

Based on his description, I'm assuming he used the opponent's Juniper via Portrait and had N in his hand afterward.

Also, in Pokemon TCG, you don't instantly lose if you can't draw a card during your turn.  It's only if your deck is empty at the beginning of your turn.  Perhaps you're thinking of a rule from another game.

^This. I've been playing Legacy since the switch over from Unlimited. Never, NEVER have I had this issue! So... To break it down further; No, I did not run out of time, no I did not draw empty on my turn, and no, the opponent did not take all prizes. I used Smeargle to Portrait Juniper, drew my last 7, had an "N" that I could've used (I had 1 prize left to take, therefor I could've N'd back cards I didn't need.) And after the portrait, I insta lose.... This has occurred 3 times in the past week in Legacy and has never happen'd in prior months since the hot-patch! Point is, Ability's should not count as deck-outs on the same turn. 

sorry for misinformation! yeah i was thinking of another game where being unable to draw is a loss condition

Archived