Imakuni + Machamp-EX?

MaSkullzOnFire

At first I thought that Imakuni wasn't a good card (I have never come across it in any Versus match) but then I remembered Machamp-EX which will do double the damage if it has been affected by a special condition.

Has anyone tried this combination?

It automatically sounds like a good combination but, for that to work, you need to waste your supporter for the turn as well as take a 50-50 chance to make the attack actually work and not accidentally hit yourself with confused damage. Would it not be more consistent to use Ariados' poison ability?

It automatically sounds like a good combination but, for that to work, you need to waste your supporter for the turn as well as take a 50-50 chance to make the attack actually work and not accidentally hit yourself with confused damage. Would it not be more consistent to use Ariados' poison ability?

I think due to the standard rotation e is looking at viable ways to make Machamp-EX work.

Ariados is staying in Standard, so this combination is in fact effective. By comparison, Imakuni has ******* chance that you damage yourself.

Archived