"opponent loading game"- Thanks for nothing, support team.

ZanPokeyman

Okay, so I was in a legacy tournament a couple of weeks ago, and the page got stuck on "opponent loading game" for twenty whole minutes, and then it said that I lost the game. Now, in this time, the person I was up against somehow thought it was my doing, and reported me three times.

I took screenshots and reported this to the Pokemon support team, like I'm supposed to, and what response did I get? Not "we're sorry", not "we're going to compensate your lost eight tickets", but the response I got was along the lines of "It's your connection obviously, follow these eighty gazillion steps and it might help solve the problem."

Well guess what? I decided to enter another legacy tournament yesterday on a different computer and a different connection, and the same (expletive) thing happened on the first round of the tournament. This time I forfeited so as not to hold up everybody else, and decided to send another message to the support team, as it obviously isn't my fault if it happened on two different computers and two different connections.

And what do I get today? Another response insisting that it's not their fault, but the connection, and still nothing about compensation for the 16 tickets I've lost so far.

Am I angry? Yes, I am. I know that problems like this should be sent to support, but guess what? I tried that, and got "it's not us, it's you" and like heck I'm going to follow nine million steps to fiddle with my connection and router (and probably break something) to stop a problem that has happened no matter where I connect from.

Thoughts?

In my opinion, it's not even worth changing router info just to play this game. Like you said, you may end up breaking something OR fixing this and being unable to use what you could before. Not everyone that plays is a freakin tech genius, so these thousand-step solutions are like nonsense.

I've had a problem similar to you, but not to the point where the game ended. Sometimes it just takes a minute for the opponent to load. And just for the record, this NEVER happened until one of the more recent updates. EVER. So it's not your fault, it's the game's.

Thanks for the support, Grentis! I'm glad to hear that it's not only me having this problem. I haven't had this problem before the last update either, so it certainly makes sense that it's the game and not my computer or router.

I may be having that issue now as well. Currently in a Theme deck tournament, round 2. "Waiting for your opponent to load the game" for 4 minutes and counting now. This is the first time this has been for more than ~5 seconds.

I just had the same issue at the start of a vs match.  I got the defeat screen that says I ran out of time.  The load screen simply said 'waiting for your opponent to load game'.  I'll open a bug report.

Thanks for the input, guys! Hopefully the support team will realize that this has to be an issue with the game itself and not with people's computer connections.

I just had the same issue at the start of a vs match.  I got the defeat screen that says I ran out of time.  The load screen simply said 'waiting for your opponent to load game'.  I'll open a bug report.

I have a bug report posted on the forums about this. It too over 30 minutes for the Game summary screen to load. During that time apparently my opponent had won that match and went on to win the tournament.

I'm hesitant to run any tournaments now until that's fixed. Considering even 4 tickets is either a decent amount of luck from boxes or $4, I don't want to waste any more of my time/money on something that could randomly break again :/

it's your connection obviously, follow these eighty gazillion steps and it might help solve the problem.

Their general answer when you send a support. is thanks for your feedback and etc. no real answers. I found more answers to my issues by doing it myself then asking them. I also found that the support team can't even answer tickets within a reasonable timeframe nor give proper answers. Have you actually look through the f.a.q? its outdated answers that most of the time do not work at all.

just like back in april about that bug. i actually informed of that before it became so big. it happened a few days before everyone else knew about it. they did not listen and yet just about the whole community got punished for it.

but hey thanks for letting everyone know tho. cause now they can see how the devs are that we are dealing with. i been pretty much stating this for a long time. no one wants to listen. in fact i am shocked anyone believed you as they do not like it when others speak badly about something they love.

its the game having connection issues. it has been 90% of the time. i have no net issues. i can run this game and another game and not have no issues with net. but yet out of the blue this game some how has net issues specially when your winning. now, isn't that amazing of how that happens when you get the x and not a single thing wrong with the net. also what did ever happened to the network box? it seemed to go missing since last update. that was actually nice to have tho.

but still i barely contact support due to that. they can not answer fully nor in a reasonable timeframe. 48 is what they strieve to answer. more like 2 weeks. thats more then 48 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

This has happened to me to and it is the game and not you. It's rude for the staff to blame the client, it's not nice and it's bad business practice. I understand sometimes people don't always realize there are tech minimums for games but still. As stated by another person here, this didn't happen before the patch. I hate when staff blames the client for their problems or their companies problems. I assume since Pokeon Go is the new thing that the staff doesn't care much about this game now. Sure don't mind selling the cards to us though.

In my opinion, it's not even worth changing router info just to play this game. Like you said, you may end up breaking something OR fixing this and being unable to use what you could before. Not everyone that plays is a freakin tech genius, so these thousand-step solutions are like nonsense.

I've had a problem similar to you, but not to the point where the game ended. Sometimes it just takes a minute for the opponent to load. And just for the record, this NEVER happened until one of the more recent updates. EVER. So it's not your fault, it's the game's.

The people who "delvelop" this game arent even close to being tech geniuses and just guess at those steps.

If you think that they aren't doing a good job, why don't you apply?  If you think you can do better, volunteer to help the coding.  And if you aren't willing to do that, then hold your peace, for heavens sake.

Many people are not technically inclined - I however have followed the procedures outlined by the support staff for opening/forwarding ports, granting firewall accesses, etc.

I still run into this issue after taking several hours to guarantee an optimized connection for PTCGO, so I simply don't play the new more expensive (8 Ticket) tournaments anymore.

I'd gamble a significant sum that the issues regarding connectivity are related to the game client trying to communicate game data across multiple operating systems (i.e. PC playing against an iPad, Android Tablet vs. iOS device, etc.)

Connectivity issues were never nearly as prominent before the PTCGO was changed to allow iOS (and later Android) devices to play this game.

If you think that they aren't doing a good job, why don't you apply?  If you think you can do better, volunteer to help the coding.  And if you aren't willing to do that, then hold your peace, for heavens sake.

i actually did. know what i got?

sorry we are not taking any more apps for coding. I am like for real.

This has happened to me to and it is the game and not you. It's rude for the staff to blame the client, it's not nice and it's bad business practice. I understand sometimes people don't always realize there are tech minimums for games but still. As stated by another person here, this didn't happen before the patch. I hate when staff blames the client for their problems or their companies problems. I assume since Pokeon Go is the new thing that the staff doesn't care much about this game now. Sure don't mind selling the cards to us though.

should see one of my tickets. Its funny with what they answered to it with.

way way way off topic.

i sometimes wonder if pokemon just thinks we are nobodies. well they better start opening their eyes, nintendo just got a -18% in shares. thats kinda bad. when shares drop that high of a percentage it can mean bad things coming.

and with this company not even listening to us about issues and everything else. its gonna kill this game quicker. They don't know it yet, but they are heading down a dead end path. Soon everyone is gonna quit (don't even say it, caue you probally will soon).

i bet you this next update won't fix any major bugs just minor bugs. just so they can get the new expansion out and then forget about the major bugs.

it seems to happen more then anything.

as for the net thing, i know by fact its the game. i pinged the ip addres of poke site and gotten some bad pings. thats not good. i would say out of 15 pings 7 came back good while 8 came back bad. it wasn't even on my end that caused it. i pinged  3 of my own sites and face and no issues.

its their servers. its not good.

as for the coding, some of us prob can atleat figure the code out once we see it.

also anyone else get this error:

Warning: Directory /home/active/general/pokemon/cache/tmp/CSS not writable, please chmod to 777 in /home/active/general/pokemon/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php on line 179

i get it from time to time. its not something to be showing to us. this is more something that should be shown to admins.

with that type of info being public, it would be easy to hack this forum.

i also can see they can't even manage their own server that this forum is hosted on. how do you not do these to files like this. infact even tho it says 777 never put anything at 777. 755 or 644. if 777 its easy to be hacked. only time that can be ignored is photos and such like that.

but that i a php file. all php files should be 755 or 644.

as you can see they are not god at certain things. i say coding is one of em.

It's direct counter time. 

1. Heh.  Guess you called my bluff. ;)
  2. That was caused by idiotic investors.  It's not Nintendo's fault that nobody read the credits, and even so their stock is still higher than it was.
  3. They listen.  But they can't fix everything at once.  There are a lot of problems because it's a large, complex game with relatively few programmers.
  4. Pokémon is not a money-based game.  The entire franchise is made around the spirit of pokemon, around the ideals that the game represents.  Because of pokemon's style, I find it highly unlikely that the quit rates will change anytime soon.
  5. The servers have been flooded since the release of GO, but hopefully that problem will be cleared up and circued off soon.
  6. I'm sure some of the complainers here know at least most of what they're talking about, but I doubt that they're all coders.  It is difficult to understand how difficult something is without experience.
  7. And yet, no one has done it.  :D
  8. Hey, they made the game, and it's a great game, and it's free.  So they must be pretty darn good, I'd say.

That about wraps it up.  G'day.

SuperStone, on 27 Jul 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

• Heh. Guess you called my bluff. ;)
  • That was caused by idiotic investors. It's not Nintendo's fault that nobody read the credits, and even so their stock is still higher than it was.
  • They listen. But they can't fix everything at once. There are a lot of problems because it's a large, complex game with relatively few programmers.
  • Pokémon is not a money-based game. The entire franchise is made around the spirit of pokemon, around the ideals that the game represents. Because of pokemon's style, I find it highly unlikely that the quit rates will change anytime soon.
  • The servers have been flooded since the release of GO, but hopefully that problem will be cleared up and circued off soon.
  • I'm sure some of the complainers here know at least most of what they're talking about, but I doubt that they're all coders. It is difficult to understand how difficult something is without experience.
  • And yet, no one has done it. :D
  • Hey, they made the game, and it's a great game, and it's free. So they must be pretty darn good, I'd say.

That about wraps it up. G'day.

remember just cause they created something doesn't mean its great or good. when bugs starts appearing and its not getting fixed. its going to the worse end. i

am still waiting for the 5 codes to be replaced that is invalid. thats 25 dollars i am losing cause i can't use them. idk if you knowm but in my area a pack is like 5 dollars each. so you can imagine how much 15 packs costed me and to have only 10 work and 5 not work.

we been telling them bugs needs to be fixed and we do not new features til they fix the bugs. but they do not listen. i stated the stocks caue nintendo funds this game. without them gamefreak or so would not be making this game.

without us, there is no game to make. You guys may say its free. but thats not the actual truth. ok its free to play. but lets face it you pretty much either have to do tournments or buy packs to get packs. Yeah you get em from events or boxes but blah with that.

this company are not litening to anything we say. i have actual proof.

i be glad to show the ticket i wrote and they wrote back:

sorry that you are having issues logging in. Some of the members been getting 502, 503 or such errors.

wait what?

how does that even apply about 5 codes not work.

and before anyoe askes.

yes i have made sure i didn't redeem em. i entered all of em.

i threw out the ones i already used. thats how i keep track of the ones i did and didnt. i also ***** marker on em.

but to be sure i rechecked. i still try em and get the same thing.

i open em one by one and enter the codes after opening one. then i open another and repeat.

to make it clearer:
i open a pack then enter the code.

then open another and enter the code.

if i am to lazy to enter i use the scanner. but mostly enter the codes.

10 out of 15 worked but 5 didnt.

Do not ge me wrong, the game can be fun. but when it has bugs that makes certain decks unplayable its kinda boring. specially when they are main decks.

sometimes my ray doesn't even do the damage with 8 poke on bench (nothing taking off damage btw).

i don't mind that cause either way its a ohko with the minus 20 dmg. but the point is some decks those type of bugs can cost you a win.

like aero ball with dce glitch not counting em. that can make you lose specially if that attack would of been a ohko but it didnt count the 2 extra energies.

• Heh. Guess you called my bluff. ;)
  • That was caused by idiotic investors. It's not Nintendo's fault that nobody read the credits, and even so their stock is still higher than it was.
  • They listen. But they can't fix everything at once. There are a lot of problems because it's a large, complex game with relatively few programmers.
  • Pokémon is not a money-based game. The entire franchise is made around the spirit of pokemon, around the ideals that the game represents. Because of pokemon's style, I find it highly unlikely that the quit rates will change anytime soon.
  • The servers have been flooded since the release of GO, but hopefully that problem will be cleared up and circued off soon.
  • I'm sure some of the complainers here know at least most of what they're talking about, but I doubt that they're all coders. It is difficult to understand how difficult something is without experience.
  • And yet, no one has done it. :D
  • Hey, they made the game, and it's a great game, and it's free. So they must be pretty darn good, I'd say.

That about wraps it up. G'day.

I agree with everything you said. Except for #4.

Pokemon is most definitely centered around making profits. I mean, have you priced the plushes? The clothing? The cards themselves? They are ridiculous expensive, and that is only because they are in high demand, because people just keep ******* over money for them!!!! The individual cards hold a value, and are traded like baseball cards (after all, it is a trading card game). This online game exists because of how popular and successful this franchise, no, this BUSINESS, is. And they do make money in Canada, and other countries which have gems, which are obtained by PAYING for them. Go do some googling on the worth of Pokemon for Nintendo. Man, Pokemon is a billion dollar a year profit.

I agree with everything you said. Except for #4.

Pokemon is most definitely centered around making profits. I mean, have you priced the plushes? The clothing? The cards themselves? They are ridiculous expensive, and that is only because they are in high demand, because people just keep ******* over money for them!!!! The individual cards hold a value, and are traded like baseball cards (after all, it is a trading card game). This online game exists because of how popular and successful this franchise, no, this BUSINESS, is. And they do make money in Canada, and other countries which have gems, which are obtained by PAYING for them. Go do some googling on the worth of Pokemon for Nintendo. Man, Pokemon is a billion dollar a year profit.

i AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Your Pokémon

Hello Trainer,

Thanks for reporting this. It seems that due to high volumes, many players may be receiving 502, 503, or "Oops!" error messages when attempting to sign up for a Pokémon Trainer Club account, or when attempting to sign in to the web site or a game that uses your Pokémon Trainer Club account. This issue is especially affecting players who are attempting to reset passwords or recover account information.

This is a known issue and the team is working as quickly as possible to resolve it. Please try again periodically, if you are not successful or receive a message about multiple emails attached to your account please reply to this ticket to let us know so we may further investigate.

If you are resetting your password: please note, you only need your username and email to request that password reset--if you encounter errors using other information, use ONLY the username and email on your account. Please ensure you are using a computer browser, not a mobile browser for the best results.

Thanks again!

The Pokémon Company International Support Team"

please someone explain how does this answer to me not able to use 25 dollars worth of packs.

i mean 5 codes not working. i get this answer.

does anyone see how this would explain why i am getting the sorry code is invalid or been used already.

someone please tell me where it explains why my codes do not work.then

then they close the ticket.

isn't it amazing how this company is becoming more and more money hungry.

I ONCE TOLD YOU GUYS THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT US.

failure to even read tickets even sadder then dealing with fraud.

specially from a company like this.

without us, there is no game to make. You guys may say its free. but thats not the actual truth. ok its free to play. but lets face it you pretty much either have to do tournments or buy packs to get packs. Yeah you get em from events or boxes but blah with that

Actually, I've made a point out of not spending a single coin on the game. Half a year in, I'm in the top 1% of the season on VS, so It's pretty clear that the game CAN be played for free.

P.S. For those who would want to convince me to start spending to support the game: No, because:

1. It's sales model relies on compulsive spending, and I don't belive that should be supported.

2. Nintendo doesnt give a nmad(read backwards) about my country, so noone plays the TCG around here. The last Pokemon TCG tour in Poland was in 2004 I belive.

3. I never dropped below 30 tour tickets, so those would have no value for me either.

P.P.S. One day they'll realise that censoring half the language is pointless because it takes 2 seconds to bypass anyway. One day...

Actually, I've made a point out of not spending a single coin on the game. Half a year in, I'm in the top 1% of the season on VS, so It's pretty clear that the game CAN be played for free.

P.S. For those who would want to convince me to start spending to support the game: No, because:

1. It's sales model relies on compulsive spending, and I don't belive that should be supported.

2. Nintendo doesnt give a nmad(read backwards) about my country, so noone plays the TCG around here. The last Pokemon TCG tour in Poland was in 2004 I belive.

3. I never dropped below 30 tour tickets, so those would have no value for me either.

P.P.S. One day they'll realise that censoring half the language is pointless because it takes 2 seconds to bypass anyway. One day...

good, i wish i didn't.

well i am done with this game. they can't even fix a simple issue, nor even help with money missing. when a business does that to me, i mark em as fraud. once marked, i have nothing to do with em.

i guess pokemon just lost a big fan, customer and stock holder.

i mean pokemon, how can you not give any ways to fix issues, or fix the code invalid bull.

i guess this game really don't care about us.

good, i wish i didn't.

well i am done with this game. they can't even fix a simple issue, nor even help with money missing. when a business does that to me, i mark em as fraud. once marked, i have nothing to do with em.

i guess pokemon just lost a big fan, customer and stock holder.

i mean pokemon, how can you not give any ways to fix issues, or fix the code invalid bull.

i guess this game really don't care about us.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out...

seminc, on 01 Aug 2016 - 9:12 PM, said:

Dont let the door hit you on the way out...

it wont.

/a/NhhTx

its just sad that a company won't even try to fix or help with issues.

i mean look at this error:

tell me if that isn't on their end.

trying to tell me that my pc can't handle a little weak graphic game on a extreme gaming laptop or desktop.

the one about the 5 cards. they just ignored it after stating what i posted earlier from them. so, if this is how they wish to treat us, then they don't deserve a real fan business.

I can't even believe a company would treat people like this specially with money involved.

then when you challenge them to actually give a answer, they are real quick to close the tickets.

btw bradley75 is my ign. a.v.a is where i be.

Archived