The Unofficial XY: Steam Siege and Rotation Discussion Thread

LegendofZapdos5

Love the idea! I'm defiantly hyped to say bye bye to Night march and Trevenant  :D

AMEN to that Sista!  ^__^

Looking forward to the no-item lock (Which means I can FINALLY return back to standard) Where I started. Also am looking forward to the new 2 type elemental cards (Like Volcarano EX) Which will make creating a versatile deck ALOT easier. Also looking forward to Cupcakes which will shut down a lot of strategies that involve things like Hoopa EX and Shaymin EX.

All-in-All I say its going to be a BLAST creating new decks and trying out new strategies. Best of Luck to everyone on there new ideas and don't forget you-GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL TO BE THE BEST THAT YOU CAN BE!!!

^______________^

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pokemasterTz

• LordCharizardX

• seminc

• SuperStone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the idea! I'm defiantly hyped to say bye bye to Night march and Trevenant 

You are correct. The ruling is the same as the old card (Swoop! Teleporter). Since the Pokemon is being switched, and all damage and status counter remain on it, it has already been in play for a turn

With no Item lock decks, my money is on Aerodactyl from Fates Collide. It's fast, it's furious, and it's blatantly broken. Now it's time to show the developers that Fossil cards are worth printing. Th

Hi

As a beginner i'm a bit lost

There are season and for each of those some deck/booster better than other right?

What's the current deck/booster to aim, what's the kind of mob/gameplay associated with those and how long 'll this be the way to go? Is a new season to start soon or done not long ago?

In the first case (new season to start soon) what'll be the deck/booster available and their gameplay/booster?

Thx a lot

Edited by Desofire
pokemasterTz

Hi

As a beginner i'm a bit lost

There are season and for each of those some deck/booster better than other right?

What's the current deck/booster to aim, what's the kind of mob/gameplay associated with those and how long 'll this be the way to go? Is a new season to start soon or done not long ago?

In the first case (new season to start soon) what'll be the deck/booster available and their gameplay/booster?

Thx a lot

Night March is the biggest and cheapest deck right now. Yes, Rotation will come soon. After Rotation, I predict that Darkrai/Garbodor/Giratina will be pretty good. You should get the booster you need for whatever deck you want to build, but RS is probably the best in general.

hi

Darkrai/Garbodor/Giratina => are those deck we can buy or deck that'll appear? or is it booster we are suposed to build deck from?

you talk about "rs" deck, is that a deck to take as a start then add those "Darkrai/Garbodor/Giratina" booster on it?

and what is rs xD (keep in mind i'm totaly new, don't know what rs stand for, the full name)

pokemasterTz

hi

Darkrai/Garbodor/Giratina => are those deck we can buy or deck that'll appear? or is it booster we are suposed to build deck from?

you talk about "rs" deck, is that a deck to take as a start then add those "Darkrai/Garbodor/Giratina" booster on it?

and what is rs xD (keep in mind i'm totaly new, don't know what rs stand for, the full name)

rs stands for Roaring Skies, and is a booster pack. Darkrai/Giratina/Garbodor is not a theme deck or a booster, it is a deck you build yourself.

ok so there are 3 kind of deck that appear to be possible using the booster called roaring sky

and those are according to the guy before among the best (including the futur booster that'll come on the 3th of august?)

thx for your lights

pokemasterTz

ok so there are 3 kind of deck that appear to be possible using the booster called roaring sky

and those are according to the guy before among the best (including the futur booster that'll come on the 3th of august?)

thx for your lights

No, sorry for the confusion. I was saying Roaring Skies was the best booster in general, don't only build a deck from Roaring Skies, use all the available expansions. Most decks have cards from multiple boosters. (No point in limiting yourself).

Sure

But being new i can't start picking "every booster" to get the best from all of them

At begin at least i have to choose, so if the futur booster appear to be the best/strongest option on pokemon side, i'll save money and go for it on the 3th august. (just to explain my point of view, i don't know if it's the case or not)

I can go for other booster to get support card and so later, i'll still got some of them from the "main" booster i'll first invest my money in

pokemasterTz

Sure

But being new i can't start picking "every booster" to get the best from all of them

At begin at least i have to choose, so if the futur booster appear to be the best/strongest option on pokemon side, i'll save money and go for it on the 3th august. (just to explain my point of view, i don't know if it's the case or not)

I can go for other booster to get support card and so later, i'll still got some of them from the "main" booster i'll first invest my money in

Well if your trying to build a deck, I would figure out what you want to build, and see which booster has the most cards in that deck. Also, Pikachu Collection Boxes are the only trade-able item, so you can invest in those. Most companies in the in-game item-exchange section take Pika boxes, and if you save up, you can get some trade-able cards. Tickets are also very useful, play themed tourneys since your starting out. XY: Basic Green is pretty good. Tournaments get you trade-able packs, which again you can save up for specific cards you need.

Edited by pokemasterTz
settlers25

- 4 x Ranger

- Alekazam ex + mega.

- 4 x VS Seeker.

- Tree break

Block all attack for 8 rounds just put damage on... The question is if it works...

Will it be possible to swap Robsubtitute with an ex pokemon with Ninjaboy?

The time of Hoppa ex, shermin ex is comming to and end with the new item card...

pokemasterTz

- 4 x Ranger

- Alekazam ex + mega.

- 4 x VS Seeker.

- Tree break

Block all attack for 8 rounds just put damage on... The question is if it works...

Will it be possible to swap Robsubtitute with an ex pokemon with Ninjaboy?

The time of Hoppa ex, shermin ex is comming to and end with the new item card...

?? Pokemon Ranger does not "Block Attacks", it removes all current effects of attacks. Why would spamming Rangers be a good idea? And Captivating Pokepuff is not that good, your opponent can activate Set Up and Scoundrel Ring when Hoopa and Shaymin are played.

settlers25

?? Pokemon Ranger does not "Block Attacks", it removes all current effects of attacks. Why would spamming Rangers be a good idea? And Captivating Pokepuff is not that good, your opponent can activate Set Up and Scoundrel Ring when Hoopa and Shaymin are *******

No... they cannot use ability, they are not playing the pokemon down, your are with the use of Captivating Pokepuff. That card is an setup killer card...

Pokemon Ranger: "Remove all effects of attacks on each player's Pokémon."

I my have read the card wrong, but that shut shutdown all damage also...

Damage is an effect of an attack....

Edited by settlers25
SuperStone

That would require keeping track of what damage came from attacks, abilities, and special conditions, so the ruling will probably be that it does not heal.

pokemasterTz

No... they cannot use ability, they are not playing the pokemon down, your are with the use of Captivating Pokepuff. That card is an setup killer card...

Pokemon Ranger: "Remove all effects of attacks on each player's Pokémon."

I my have read the card wrong, but that shut shutdown all damage also...

Damage is an effect of an attack....

The official Pokemon blog states  that your opponent can activate the ability, since the wording on the card makes it work like your opponent is playing them from his/her hand normally (At least that's what a beach of pokemon says). And no, Pokemon Ranger does not heal. 1) That would be broken, and 2) Damage isn't really an "effect". (That's why on all "prevent all effects" cards, they always say including/excluding damage.

Edited by pokemasterTz
Polyeidus

The official Pokemon blog states  that your opponent can activate the ability, since the wording on the card makes it work like your opponent is playing them from his/her hand normally (At least that's what a beach of pokemon says). ...

I have a local judge telling me the same. Time will tell to see how this shakes out in the end.

I'm looking forward to adding the Pokepuff to my deck, but since I'm twisted and evil, I won't be liked. Currently, I hope to get a Silent Lab down before my opponent has or has an opportunity to play Shaymin-EX and/or Hoopa-EX. Even when I get this accomplished, its usually in turn 1 or 2 and is usually easily countered by an opposing Stadium. With the Pokepuff, I can play the Silent Lab, then Pokepuff, then Delinquent (if all the stars and moon are aligned) to disrupt the start of their game without being at risk of them replacing my stadium before playing their cards down. Maybe not a game changer at the end of the day, but sure to be a pain when it works.

seminc

The official Pokemon blog states that your opponent can activate the ability, since the wording on the card makes it work like your opponent is playing them from his/her hand normally (At least that's what a beach of pokemon says). And no, Pokemon Ranger does not heal. 1) That would be broken, and 2) Damage isn't really an "effect". (That's why on all "prevent all effects" cards, they always say including/excluding damage.

I couldn't find the post on the Pokemon blog, but according to the prerelease rulings given by presiding professors/judges, Captivating ***************** need ignore abilities like Shaymin-EX and Hoopa-EX. Here is an excerpt from an FAQ that is available from the beach of Pokemon. Keep in mind I'm not sure what ruling will take precedent, due to differing opinions.

== CAPTIVATING POKE PUFF (XY:Steam Siege)

Q. If I use Captivating Poke Puff and put one of my opponent's Basic Pokemon on the bench that has an Ability (like Shaymin EX's "Setup"), does the opponent get to use that Ability right away?

A. No, Captivating Poke Puff does not trigger any coming into play Abilities.

pokemasterTz

I couldn't find the post on the Pokemon blog, but according to the prerelease rulings given by presiding professors/judges, Captivating ***************** need ignore abilities like Shaymin-EX and Hoopa-EX. Here is an excerpt from an FAQ that is available from the beach of Pokemon. Keep in mind I'm not sure what ruling will take precedent, due to differing opinions.

Hmm... Well I guess that's possible, but all I have been hearing so far is that abilities are activated. Well, I guess we just wait for the ruling.

An official ruling has actually already been given as part of the Steam Siege Prerelease FAQ given to organizers.

TRAINER CARDS

== CAPTIVATING POKE PUFF (XY: Steam Siege)

Q. If I use Captivating Poke Puff and put one of my opponent’s Basic Pokemon on the bench that has an Ability (like Shaymin EX’s “Setup”), does the opponent get to use that Ability right away?

Q. Captivating Poke Puff says to put any number of Basic Pokemon you find in your opponent’s hand onto their Bench. Does this allow you to put more than 5 Pokemon on the bench?
A. No, Captivating Poke Puff does not allow you to exceed the normal limits of the game. You can put any number of Basic Pokemon onto your opponent’s Bench up to the maximum size of the Bench.

EDIT: Noticed seminic already posted this. As this is the most recent ruling and comes directly from Pokemon it can be considered the official ruling.

Edited by fitzy72
  • Upvote 1
pokemasterTz

An official ruling has actually already been given as part of the Steam Siege Prerelease FAQ given to organizers.

TRAINER CARDS

== CAPTIVATING POKE PUFF (XY: Steam Siege)

Q. If I use Captivating Poke Puff and put one of my opponent’s Basic Pokemon on the bench that has an Ability (like Shaymin EX’s “Setup”), does the opponent get to use that Ability right away?

Q. Captivating Poke Puff says to put any number of Basic Pokemon you find in your opponent’s hand onto their Bench. Does this allow you to put more than 5 Pokemon on the bench?

A. No, Captivating Poke Puff does not allow you to exceed the normal limits of the game. You can put any number of Basic Pokemon onto your opponent’s Bench up to the maximum size of the Bench.

EDIT: Noticed seminic already posted this. As this is the most recent ruling and comes directly from Pokemon it can be considered the official ruling.

Okay then, thanks a ton for this! Sorry for the confusion everyone.

settlers25

That make som very interesting card combie if an low hp ex is in discard pile...

First force opponenet to take the card back to hand. With Rescue card.

Then force him to play it, and finish off with a Lysander/catcher.

pokemasterTz

Because I like making good decks into bad decks by adding terrible cards to them, and I was bored, my final version of Darkrai/Giratina/Garbodor post-rotation became this thing: (Please leave feedback, and excuse the hand-typed list, I have no access to the PTCGO at the ********

* 2 Darkrai EX

x 2 Giratina EX

x 2 Trubish

x 2 Garbodor

x 2 Shaymin EX

x 1 Hoopa EX

x 1 Yveltal XY

x 1 Yveltal BKT

x 4 Professor Sycamore

x 4 VS Seeker

x 4 Max Elixir

x 4 Trainer's Mail

x 4 Ultra Ball

x 3 Float Stone

x 3 FFB

x 2 N

x 1 Ninja Boy

x 1 Pokemon Ranger

x 1 Lysandre

x 1 Parallel City

x 1 Escape Rope

x 1 Super Rod

x 4 Double Dragon Energy

x 9 Darkness Energy

Again, this is a terrible list. Do not play this list. It's bad. (Which is also why I like it)  :P

Edit: "Moment" is censored. so is "x"

Edited by pokemasterTz