There is a glitch in your game that happens to certain players (me included) that causes our game to freeze CONSTANTLY. PLEASE HELP DEVS :(

Makutis

Hello I think this may have been brought up before but regardless I need to post about it because it's driving me crazy and is now keeping me off PTCGO...(Yes I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled). Yes this still happened last version of ptcgo. 

There is a glitch that I, and some others have, that causes my PTCGO game to freeze for 30-45 seconds EVERY TIME I get any trade sent to me, a trade completed, a VS Wheel Box opened, a Tournament Wheel mystery box opened, a PACK opened. Literally everywhere I go I get frozen and it's crazy. 

Sometimes I get multiple freezes in a row and this is where I just can't believe pokemon hasn't done something about this. The freezes apply seperately. If you don't understand what I mean I'm saying that when I win a tournament game and land on a mystery box, when I go come back to the tournament bracket screen, I will have a 40 second Game Freeze. Let's say I had 2 people send me offers during that game? Now I have THREE freezes, let's say I get one of my public offers accepted during the 3 minutes I'm staring at my computer screen?

Then I have FOUR Freezes now. Each for 30-45 seconds. 1 for mystery box during tournament, 2 for the offers, and 1 for my Public Trade accepted. THEN finally I can get back to the tournament bracket screen after 4 minutes. CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY GUYS. FIX PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE   :( :( :(

Maybe your coumputer is making it freezing? That happend to me with my old Pc but dissapered once I got a better one

yeah i had this happened before. i also had the auto end turn glitch. there is some bad glitches in this game lately. some that makes it hard to play

I don't think it's my computer because I have this problem off and on. it started about 2-3 months ago. It happens for a few weeks straight and then my game will be fine. But then they try and fix something in the game and the Freeze Glitch returns. In this case the game was once again running fine until the most recent shop update a few days ago, now it is horrible again. 

My game used to freeze a lot, but now have an iMac with 8G RAM and a separate Graphics Processor, and I have never experienced any glitches/freezes/soft locks since.

My game used to freeze a lot, but now have an iMac with 8G RAM and a separate Graphics Processor, and I have never experienced any glitches/freezes/soft locks since.

i get it here and there. but i know how the op feels. mine was mostly cause of a attack animation freezing my pc.

but the auto lose turn glitch after playing certain items is annoying. cost me 5 games

i get it here and there. but i know how the op feels. mine was mostly cause of a attack animation freezing my pc.

but the auto lose turn glitch after playing certain items is annoying. cost me 5 games

Also, about animations, I honestly liked the early web beta animations better as far as card effects/evolution/etc goes, the attack animations were lacking, but they are a bit overkill now.

Also, about animations, I honestly liked the early web beta animations better as far as card effects/evolution/etc goes, the attack animations were lacking, but they are a bit overkill now.

yeah i would say that prob would better now if it was that way

have you tried on a different computer? a friends/libraries/schools/family members etc? cos the people here with the same problem said it clearled up with a better computer, you've not mentioned the age/performance of yours. I'd try testing that variable first 

Sure thing the sqveel. Two weirdest things about my glitch are this: 1. My computer is great. 8 GB Ram and i7. 2. The weirdest thing is my girlfriend's account on my computer DOES NOT glitch in ANY way. Her account is completely fine when using my computer. All accounts besides Makutis. 

Also once again some dev/mod response is very appreciated. Still suffering from these terrible 30 second freezes for ANY notification/mystery box/shop purchase/etc.

Was your girlfriend's account created after yours? I have noticed that older accounts tend to be more susceptible to performance issues than newer ones.

Was your girlfriend's account created after yours? I have noticed that older accounts tend to be more susceptible to performance issues than newer ones.

This makes sense, as older accounts probably have more cards and more data to process.

This makes sense, as older accounts probably have more cards and more data to process.

I also was thinking that some older accounts may use different file structures, which may be less efficient to process than others, depending on if they edit their old account files to improve response times.

I also was thinking that some older accounts may use different file structures, which may be less efficient to process than others, depending on if they edit their old account files to improve response times.

That may be ture, although I'm pretty sure the updates would have standarized file strucutures.

That may be ture, although I'm pretty sure the updates would have standarized file strucutures.

Granted, you are probably right, but this IS the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online ;)

Archived