Triple format Tourney, Winner: Awesome_guy

Max_POT

1. Start date: Tuesday 13 July 2016 / Duration: 3 weeks / End date: Tuesday 2 August

2. Sponsor: iyado166 and another donor / Tournament manager: iyado166

3. Total Competitors: 16 pokemon trainers (spots will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis but I reserve the right to fill up to four spots by invitation only)

4. Contribution to the prize pool: 1 ROS pack (this contribution will serve to constitute part of the prize pool, for each ROS contributed by the participants I will add one Steam Siege pack to the prize pool).

5. Welcome gift: each and every player entering the tourney will receive on the first day of the tourney a welcome gift consisting of a random set of deck box and sleeves from the GENERATIONS promotional items

6. Entry requirements:

• Your forum account must be at least 3 months old on the first day of this tournament.
  • You must commit to comply with all PTCGO Rules, act fairly towards everyone involved and compete in accordance with the sportsman spirit.
  • You must have decks in order to be able to play your games in any of the following formats: Standard, Expanded or Legacy in line with the structure of this tournament.
  • You must send your contribution (1 ROS) to me or to the tournament manager by the end of 12 July 2016 at the latest for your registration to be complete.
​7. Prize Pool: 16 ROS (participants contribution) + 16 Steam Siege packs (my contribution).

8. Prizes distribution:

• Winner: 8 ROS + 8 Steam Siege + 2 GEN packs
  • 2nd place: 4 ROS + 4 Steam Siege + 2 GEN packs
  • 3rd place: 2 ROS + 3 Steam Siege+ 2 GEN packs
  • 4th place: 2 ROS + 1 Steam Siege + 2 GEN packs
9. Prizes delivery: All prizes will be delivered on 3 August 2016 as soon as practicable after ptcgo goes back live following the release of the new Steam Siege set.

10. Provisional tourney structure:

• 4 rounds (round 1: legacy format, round 2: standard, round 3 (semi-finals): expanded, round 4 (3rd place and final): standard.
  • Direct elimination (best of 5 games)
  • Any disconnection during the game will result in a loss of the game in question unless your opponent agrees otherwise
I hope you will be interested to join, in case there is an insufficient number of competitors, this tourney will be canceled

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

COMPLETED[table]

[/td][td]trainercontributionwelcome giftresult

1awesome_guyreceivedsentWINNER

2Rexk_99receivedsentno show

3DeadfunreceivedVenusaur/sentrank 5

4wwhsdjhudjreceivedsentrank 4

5LeafBlazereceivedsent + XY 121rank 9

6Shinsonesreceivedre-sentrank 5

7Aerocreedreceivedsentrank 9

8McDankMeisterreceivedsentFINALIST

9iyado166added rank 5

10meagseeveereceivedsentno show

11Danielsan555receivedVenusaur/sentrank 5

12Dravenikreceivedsentrank 9

13RogueSpecterreceivedsentrank9

14yLereceivedVenusaur/sentrank 9

15klemc777receivedVenusaur/sentRank 3

16SuperWhiteTOUCHreceivedsentno show[/table]

ROUND 4: Standard format

- Make sure that your deck/s is/are valid for the standard format;

- Post your time-zone and availability to find your opponent and battle;

- for the initial game the coin flip determines who plays first;

- for all subsequent games the player who lost the previous one may decide who goes first (regardless of coin flip result);

- You can switch decks between games;

- The player who wins 3 games wins the round (best of five);

- You have until 3 August to play your games and complete Round 4;

- Any player who is disconnected during a game or is unable to finish it for whatever reason loses the game in question unless his opponent agrees otherwise;

- If there is any problem regarding compliance with the format/rules that cannot be solved among yourselves save the game-log and refer the issue to me;

If you have any further questions, post them on the thread

Round 4 Match-ups:

For 1st place : McDankMeister vs awesome_guy

For 3rd place : wwhsdjhudj vs klemc777

Please ignore my request to join,...

Just realised with me being so new, literally my whole card list minus a few cards is XY>

So i'd struggle with legacy, good luck to those who play.

Hi evolution380,

The aim of this restriction is make sure that all players entering the tourney have sufficient experience to play all 3 formats.

However, 3 months could be too demanding, so I could reduce it depending on how many players will register in the next days.

I will keep you informed

Best 

Just a note, I don't think mandatory entry fees are allowed, but I may be wrong.

ok, thank you for bringing this to my attention... I will double check.

If Mods could shed some light on this point ... I would be grateful

I would like to join. should I send the entry fee now or at the start date of the tourney?

Also, If i'm not wrong, entry fees are allowed if they are clearly documented and returned in the prizes.

(the wording by one of the mods as far as I remember it stated the above- by a tournament by manas something or manav something)

Hi awesome_guy,

It is great to have a first competitor... I hope many will follow : your contribution (1ROS) can be sent at any time before the tournament starts.

All ROS packs contributed by participants will go to the prize pool . So I think this is compliant with PTCGO rules

Regarding the second ROS I initially was requesting , No need to send anything yet as I think I will remove this unnecessary condition

I would like to join. should I send the entry fee now or at the start date of the tourney?

Also, If i'm not wrong, entry fees are allowed if they are clearly documented and returned in the prizes.

(the wording by one of the mods as far as I remember it stated the above- by a tournament by manas something or manav something)

That's what I thought. Entry fees are completely legal as long as they are not enforced and mandatory to all participants. Donation incentives (such as extra prizes if the winner has donated) are fine too, as long as you do not require a donation to enter a tournament.

I believe you can have required donations, but the donations must be put back into the prize pool.

(And of course, if the donations are not returned from the host, the host gets perma banned etc).

I would like to join. I will get the ROS pack to you as soon as possible!

Thanks!

Rexk_99

Welcome! I added you

hi everyone,

You have 6 more days to join this tourney. The aim being to deliver the prizes on 3 August 2016, when the new set is released, I can not postpone the start date.

If we have less than 8 registered participants by 12 July, it will unfortunately have to be canceled. if there is more than 8 but less than 16 entrants, it will be maintained and limited to 3 rounds between the first 8 players who register.

Go  ahead and give yourself a chance to win Steam Siege packs delivered on the release day. If you would like compete in the 3 formats but have any question/request before registering send me a message or post on this thread to share these with me.

Hey,

i would like to join and want to test my skills. I will send you the rs soon.

great, i added you

This looks enjoyable XD Can I join too?

of course you can, provided that you have decks to play in any of three formats: standard, expanded legacy

In order to support this I would also ask you to contribute 1 RoS to be added to the prizes

of course you can, provided that you have decks to play in any of three formats: standard, expanded legacy

In order to support this I would also ask you to contribute 1 RoS to be added to the prizes

Yeah I do XD, and ok, next time I am on, I will send it your way! :)

Yeah I do XD, and ok, next time I am on, I will send it your way! :)

great, so I will add you to the list

hi everyone,

You have 6 more days to join this tourney. The aim being to deliver the prizes on 3 August 2016, when the new set is released, I can not postpone the start date.

If we have less than 8 registered participants by 12 July, it will unfortunately have to be canceled. if there is more than 8 but less than 16 entrants, it will be maintained and limited to 3 rounds between the first 8 players who register.

Go ahead and give yourself a chance to win Steam Siege packs delivered on the release day. If you would like compete in the 3 formats but have any question/request before registering send me a message or post on this thread to share these with me.

11 remaining spots.

I would like to join ... My timezone is GMT + 5:30

And I'll donate within the start of the tourney :)

Welcome, I added you to the list

LIST OF PATRICIPANTS

• awesome_guy (contribution received)
  • Rexk_99 (contribution received)
  • Deadfun (contribution received)
  • wwhsdjhudj (contribution received)
  • LeafBlaze
  • Shinesones (contribution received)
  • G
  • H
  • I
  • J
  • K
  • L
  • M
  • N
  • O
  • P

We already have 6 players entering this tourney.... check it YOU may want to try too

IN ADDITION TO The prizes: each and every player entering the tourney will receive on the first day of the tourney a welcome gift consisting of a random set of deck box and sleeves from the GENERATIONS promo 

Archived