Alternative Trev Break Deck

evolution380

I currently have a main standard playing deck which mainly comprises of M Alakazam and Trevenant Break, I've found it to be a solid deck which I enjoy with around 80%+ win rate in tournaments and versus games, but i do feel as though this strategy is stolen.

I was playing last night and came across a thought, in place of Alakazam how would the Gastly / Haunter / Gengar work with Trev Break?

With the ascension of Phantump it's fairly easy to get going on your way to Evolve to a Trev break, with use of a ultra ball or nice card draw.

With gastly just use an ultra ball and rare candy and your at stage 2 fairly easily.

Is this something that has been trailed and proved to be too clunky previously? Not seen this mix of cards myself however is that for good reason?

I just got thinking last night with good use of float stone, switch or mysterious energy you can flip between trev break and gengar fairly easily in theory.

Hit 3 damage counters on each pokemon with trev break, then on next round eliminate them with genera and the instant knock out of any pokemon with 3 damage counters on them?

It seemed to me like a good match but is there just too much to set-up initially to be in the right position to make this combination work?

I currently have a main standard playing deck which mainly comprises of M Alakazam and Trevenant Break, I've found it to be a solid deck which I enjoy with around 80%+ win rate in tournaments and versus games, but i do feel as though this strategy is stolen.

I was playing last night and came across a thought, in place of Alakazam how would the Gastly / Haunter / Gengar work with Trev Break?

With the ascension of Phantump it's fairly easy to get going on your way to Evolve to a Trev break, with use of a ultra ball or nice card draw.

With gastly just use an ultra ball and rare candy and your at stage 2 fairly easily.

Is this something that has been trailed and proved to be too clunky previously? Not seen this mix of cards myself however is that for good reason?

I just got thinking last night with good use of float stone, switch or mysterious energy you can flip between trev break and gengar fairly easily in theory.

Hit 3 damage counters on each pokemon with trev break, then on next round eliminate them with genera and the instant knock out of any pokemon with 3 damage counters on them?

It seemed to me like a good match but is there just too much to set-up initially to be in the right position to make this combination work?

Darkintegralgaming showcased a deck like this on his channel months ago. Check it out if you are interested. 

Ahh, thank you!!

Just looked seems to work well, thanks though was thinking best trainer cards to use so this helps.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 20

3 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66

3 Trevenant XY 55

1 Trevenant BKP 65

4 Phantump BKP 64

2 Gengar BKT 60

2 Haunter BKT 59

2 Gastly BKT 58

2 Jirachi XY67

1 Wobbuffet GEN RC11

Trainer Cards - 31

4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

3 Wally GEN RC27

2 N *******

1 Lysandre AOR 78

1 Xerosic PHF 110

4 Dimension Valley PHF 93

3 Bursting Balloon BKP 97

3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

3 Ultra Ball *** 113

3 VS Seeker PHF 109

2 Super Rod BKT 149

1 Float Stone BKT 137

1 Level Ball AOR 76

Energy - 9

6 Basic { Psychic } Energy GEN 79

3 Mystery Energy PHF 112

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This deck does work: it's good enough to sneak into the top 8 at the Alberta Regionals Junior Division. This is that deck.

Looks a good solid deck.. May give this a try with a couple of tweaks 

- Weakness Permit (as back up for darkness match ups, as there practically auto loss otherwise)

- Run the same Trev Break / Gengar Lines with Octillery for draw support as I'm a newbie and can't get a Shaymin and don't yet have a Jirachi to soak damage.

- May run a Gengar Ex in this, could be very useful for auto switch post attack with Non EX Gengar for knockout.

- Do find the Bursting Balloons useful, will keep 2 of them, maybe lose one for a weakness permit along with an

energy.

Archived