Attempting to create an Yveltal EX deck

AlphaVoxel

After recently purchasing the Shiny Yveltal Tin, and collecting a variety of resources, I (successfully) assembled a somewhat playable deck, and even won second place in a tournament with it. However, I am fully aware that I can build this deck to be better than it currently is. I would love to hear any suggestions about how to play this kind of deck, and what cards can be used to make it better. Thanks!

Can you post a list please?

Yes. I don't have access to the TCGO at the moment, but I can get that by tomorrow. I do remember most of the cards I use though.

Here is what I can remember:

X2 Yveltal EX Shiny Promo

X1 Zoroark BREAKthrough

X2 Zorua

X1 Yveltal XY Base Set

X1 Yveltal BREAKthrough

X2 Malamar (Can't remember the expansion)

X2 Inkay (Can't remember the expansion)

X2 Battle Compressor

X2-3 Trainers Mail

X4 Professors Letter

X3-4 Ultra Ball

X3-4 Muscle Band

X2 Reverse Valley

X1 Parallel City

X2 Lysandre

X3 N

X2 Brigette

X2-3 Skyla

X2 Dangerous Energy

X9-11 Darkness Energy

That's what I can remember at the moment. As I said, I am unable to get on and look at the full deck right now, but I can try to get it tomorrow.

I don't think the malamar are doing much, try another yveltal-EX and some more yveltal-small.

Cut prof.'s letter down to two, if any.  Try replacing muscle band with fighting fury belt.  Add some double colorless in place of basic dark.  Cut out the brigette, or at least replace them with fan clubs.

I am aware that the Malamar are not serving much of a purpose and have been looking to replace them for some time. As for the Fighting Fury Belt, I only posses 2, whereas I have more than 4 muscle band. I will look into replacing the Brigette with Pokemon Fan Club if possible, and I am trying to work out a trade with a well known ******** to see if I can get another Yveltal or 2.

yveltal break?

as i know its not released yet. but that would be a nice add on.

i use gallade/archeops with my yveltal. but its up to how you wish to play yveltal. if you can atleast get 2 dark on first turn and a dce by 2nd turn. it can be a fun deck to wipe out opponents. i have done that with this deck, but i used dark patches tho. keldeo and float to get yveltal off active then load up energies and put dce on and boom easy 100+ dmg (depending on energy count total of both poke).

I am in possession of a Gallade, but no Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick. I did consider using a Keldeo EX at one point, but was able to use the BREAKthrough Zoroark with better success, and with Mind Jack I can generally hit for decent damage. What I have been testing is the combination of XY Yveltal and Battle Compressor. By using Battle Compressor to get energy into the discard, then using Oblivion Wing with Yveltal, I can somewhat reliable accelerate energy and power up the Yveltal EX quickly. As for Dark Patch, I am trying to keep this deck in Standard format, though I play in Expanded at the moment, due to the fact that I am not sure whether using older versions of N will work in Standard.

Also, on a side note, would you guys be willing to accept a friend request from me? I am trying to establish myself in the competitive community, and I am fairly new to the TCGO.

I am in possession of a Gallade, but no Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick. I did consider using a Keldeo EX at one point, but was able to use the BREAKthrough Zoroark with better success, and with Mind Jack I can generally hit for decent damage. What I have been testing is the combination of XY Yveltal and Battle Compressor. By using Battle Compressor to get energy into the discard, then using Oblivion Wing with Yveltal, I can somewhat reliable accelerate energy and power up the Yveltal EX quickly. As for Dark Patch, I am trying to keep this deck in Standard format, though I play in Expanded at the moment, due to the fact that I am not sure whether using older versions of N will work in Standard.

Also, on a side note, would you guys be willing to accept a friend request from me? I am trying to establish myself in the competitive community, and I am fairly new to the TCGO.

yes any version of n will work in standard. i use fa n and from fates.

yeah you can add me. keldo or zoroark is good. zoroark is a good back up attacker compared to keldo. its about what you using the deck for. as for this zoroark would be good.

i would invest in dark patch x4 tho.

here is my deck list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 16

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106

2 Darkrai-EX LTR 88

2 Yveltal XY 78

2 Yveltal EX PR-XY XY150

1 Zoroark BREAK BKT 92

3 Zorua BKT 90

3 Zoroark BKT 91

1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60

Trainer Cards - 32

1 Computer Search BCR 137

3 Magnetic Storm FLF 91

2 Shauna PHF 104

1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

4 Ultra Ball DEX 102

1 Lysandre FLF 90

2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

4 VS Seeker ROS 110

3 N NVI 101

4 Dark Patch DEX 93

2 Float Stone BKT 137

1 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94

1 Colress PLS 118

3 Muscle Band XY 121

Energy - 12

4 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111

8 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

i will see if i had a extra maxie.

this doesn't have gallade. it has 3-3-1 zoroark. its up to you what you want to use. modify it as you need or want.

i got some good wins with it. foul play can be helpful in some cases depending on the poke your going against.

Thank you so much for the input! It is honestly quite nice to see how willing people are to help each other here.

Archived