limit of pokemon in pokemon decks.

LoseyDosey

Honestly saying, I think there should be a limit on the number of Pokemon cards in a deck.
it is seriously tiring and dull to versus players with only a couple of Pokemon cards in their deck. I don't get what fun is there by doing this either than the idea of an easy win despite the countless of rerolling you make your opponent do.

My opinion is set a limit of at least 7 or 10 Pokemon cards in a single deck. Despite the official rule is different. Seriously.... such deck need to stop.
It makes the daily task more difficult since it can only be accomplished through battling other online players.
It seriously wastes people's time to wait for 2 or 3 Pokemon cards out of 60 cards and this includes the number of rerolling + the number of times you got to press yes/no. 

Another option is to set up a different section for people with less than 5 Pokemon cards on their deck. Let them fight each other and do the countless of rerolling. They will surely have fun doing that with each other.

Decks that run so few pokemon take a huge risk, and their mulligans give you free cards.  What happens if they run out of attackers?  It's very easy for such decks to bench out, and I think these disadvantages counter out your problems.  So don't look at it as something annoying, look at it as an easier path to victory. :) 

Honestly saying, I think there should be a limit on the number of Pokemon cards in a deck.

it is seriously tiring and dull to versus players with only a couple of Pokemon cards in their deck. I don't get what fun is there by doing this either than the idea of an easy win despite the countless of rerolling you make your opponent do.

My opinion is set a limit of at least 7 or 10 Pokemon cards in a single deck. Despite the official rule is different. Seriously.... such deck need to stop.

It makes the daily task more difficult since it can only be accomplished through battling other online players.

It seriously wastes people's time to wait for 2 or 3 Pokemon cards out of 60 cards and this includes the number of rerolling + the number of times you got to press yes/no. 

Another option is to set up a different section for people with less than 5 Pokemon cards on their deck. Let them fight each other and do the countless of rerolling. They will surely have fun doing that with each other.

Back when the base set released (back in the 90's,) before I officially knew how to play.... Me and my friend used to make up our own rules to the game! We would only allow 6 Pokemon to be used to emulate the GB game/Show. If anything, I like how low number it is in modern decks, makes me feel like I'm actually having a GB experience. 

Also, having a high number of PKM, will stall the game further imo, cause now you have limited supporters, and a influx of energies to support the higher number PKM. In a sense, making turns possibly non-attackable if bad draws on both sides. Just my thoughts on it.

i love these decks cause half the time its a 1st turn winner for you. half the time they only get that one poke and stuck with it for like 5 turns or so. and if your poke is like yveltal or such or its weakness if your poke. its pretty much a game over. its funny to go against these type of decks.

i had one with all mewtwo shatter shots, both breathrough and promo total of 8 poke. that was a funny match against my yvetal deck. he knew he was gone after the 1st turn.

Firstly, this kind of post not really what the Game Feedback is intended for. It seems more of a post directed towards the people that make the rules for the TCG, rather than the devs who design the Online version,

So, you want to make a minimum Pokemon count for a deck to be legal? I can understand such a complaint, to an extent, because such decks that rely on just a few mons, and not much else, can be a nuisance to play against, but they are generally not that popular.

For example, in expanded format, there's DRX Rayquaza EX, and atleast when it was in Standard, people would build a deck with a few of them, and then Basic Fire, and Basic Electric energy to make up the remaining 60 cards. This meant that they could guarantee hitting the energy they needed, and start knocking out EX Pokemon by the second turn. Problem is, these kinds of decks are very gimmicky, but not consistent, so while they will pick up some wins, you won't face them very often on the ladder.

Really, if I was going to make a suggestion to the devs, it's that they should make the Yes/No interface more user friendly. When a player has their Basic setup, and their opponent has to mulligan more than once, maybe there should be an option to simply select the number of additional cards they would like to draw? Of course, it would probably have to be in addition to the Yes/No option.

Firstly, this kind of post not really what the Game Feedback is intended for. It seems more of a post directed towards the people that make the rules for the TCG, rather than the devs who design the Online version,

So, you want to make a minimum Pokemon count for a deck to be legal? I can understand such a complaint, to an extent, because such decks that rely on just a few mons, and not much else, can be a nuisance to play against, but they are generally not that popular.

For example, in expanded format, there's DRX Rayquaza EX, and atleast when it was in Standard, people would build a deck with a few of them, and then Basic Fire, and Basic Electric energy to make up the remaining 60 cards. This meant that they could guarantee hitting the energy they needed, and start knocking out EX Pokemon by the second turn. Problem is, these kinds of decks are very gimmicky, but not consistent, so while they will pick up some wins, you won't face them very often on the ladder.

Really, if I was going to make a suggestion to the devs, it's that they should make the Yes/No interface more user friendly. When a player has their Basic setup, and their opponent has to mulligan more than once, maybe there should be an option to simply select the number of additional cards they would like to draw? Of course, it would probably have to be in addition to the Yes/No option.

You dont want this to be a clone of yugioh, look how that game online, and in general turned out

Back in the last days of the B&W series I had a lot of fun playing with Rayquaza-EX only. It only worked about 1/2 of the time - but I've yet to match it's damage output in a public match since (2,520 damage).

Archived