Delphox Break Deck - Discussion / Feedback

RuskeD

Hi there.

Even before the release of Fates Collide expansion, i was eager to build a deck around Delphox BREAK but unfortunately i knew it would be no easy task because there are other "meta-oriented" deck builds.

It is sad but not discouraging and here i am to ask you guys some advice regarding this topic.

So let´s get started:

Pokemon (16):

• 2 Delphox Break (***
  • 2 Delphox (***
  • 2 Delphox (XY)
  • 1 Braxien (***
  • 4 Fennekin (***
  • 2 Pyroar (FF)
  • 2 Litleo (FF)
  • 1 Entei (Ancient Origins)

Trainer Card (30):

• 1 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 2 level ball
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 3 Ultra ball
  • 2 Balcksmith
  • 3 Vs Seeker
  • 2 Trainer´s Mail
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 N
  • 2 Sycamore
  • 1 Chaos Tower (stadium)
  • 1 Scorched Earth (stadium)
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 FF Belt
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer

Energy:

• 3 DCE
  • 11 Fire Energy

I guess some of you can see that i am still uncertain on what trainer card should (or even shouldn´t) use in this deck but as i said before i know Delphox break isn´t a top tier pokemon at the moment.

Main objective is get Delphox(XY) asap on the field and become an infinite Shaymin-ex with its ability. It can somewhat be an attaker but I usually use the other version of Delphox(FC) because PsyStorm can be an unexpected source of damage after some turns.

Then Delphox Break comes as an easy energy supplier for every single pokemon, and the extra HP is not so bad. (180)

Pyroar has the purpose of being a Chinese Wall against heavy basic Pokemon decks ( *cough* Night March) and Pokemon EX´s. (Sometimes i see guys concede when Pyroar shows up)

Entei is there for some unknown reason so he´s doing the role of another front-line.

Chaos Tower was included because these past few weeks i´ve been facing a considerable number of decks using special conditions as a tool to deal more damage / disrupt enemy´s strategy / have fun / etc.

It´s a situational card but saved me more than once so i didn´t remove it yet.

Well, the remaining trainer cards are self-explanatory (maybe) everything to get fennekin and delphox ready and fill them with all my energies !!

That´s it.

Every comment / suggestion has its value. Help me today and i might be the one helping you tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

Delphox BREAK decks are among the most scary "if it ever gets set up" decks along with M Ray (Dragon Ascent) and M Tyranitar. It won't work often, but when it does...

You'll need 4 BREAKs to make this work. And I would suggest 1 XY Delphox to 3 new ones, as most of your attacking is done by them. However, don't attach more than three energy to the new ones, as it benefits from energy on others. Instead, spam your energy onto the XY one so that if it ever need to come up front it will do about 210 or more damage. I built one of these myself with the limited amount of supplies I have available, and while it thrashes the CPU, anything thrashes the CPU. Are you using the Double Ancient Trait Entei? If so, good, otherwise consider this swap. You need 4 VS Seekers, and 4 Puzzles of Time. After all, what deck does not run 4 of each these days? I am very surprised to see only 2 Blacksmith in the deck. Run 3 and mash damage. 4 Rare candy is needed, remove Escape Rope and Level Ball, and drop Enhanced Hammer for another Sycamore.

Best of luck with your deck, and remember that XY is a bench-warmer when BREAK evolved (therefore being the first one you Break unless you desperately need the HP, and the only reason to Break evolve the new ones is for the EX-type HP and even more Energy.

Edit: the new set is censored.

Your deck is very similar to mine, but I only run is with Entie, not Pyroar. Pyroar makes sense, and is good, but room is so tight in the deck its hard to fir him in. I actually tried it with Aegislash-EX but didn't play that version too many times. 

I like your version, I think its about as good as you can get with it. I'd probably drop the FFB and the Enhanced Hammer, but that's just me. I do play FFB in my deck, but I play 2 Entie. I use 2 Battle Compressor also. for me, Battle Compressor and Trainer's Mail are cards that I either run at least 2 of or I don't run them at all.

Are you using the Double Ancient Trait Entei? If so, good, otherwise consider this swap.

Thanks sir for the thoughtful comments.

Yes, my entei is the one with double ancient trait (Ancient Origins Set).

Escape rope is a card that i see some players using effectively but i never get the chance to do so in any deck a build....Whatever, i guess i need to change my mindset...

Your deck is very similar to mine, but I only run is with Entie, not Pyroar. Pyroar makes sense, and is good, but room is so tight in the deck its hard to fir him in. I actually tried it with Aegislash-EX but didn't play that version too many times. 

I like your version, I think its about as good as you can get with it. I'd probably drop the FFB and the Enhanced Hammer, but that's just me. I do play FFB in my deck, but I play 2 Entie. I use 2 Battle Compressor also. for me, Battle Compressor and Trainer's Mail are cards that I either run at least 2 of or I don't run them at all.

Pyroar is like a trump card for me, it has saved me so many times that i use him in almost every fire type deck.

Even still he´s really useful against heavy pokemon-ex decks so that i only delphox for draw power....

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here, i really appreciate it.

You'll need 4 BREAKs to make this work. And I would suggest 1 XY Delphox to 3 new ones, as most of your attacking is done by them.

Edit: the new set is censored.

I might suggest adding a Flareon EX from Generations instead of the XY Delphox, because the attacks are virtually the same. And with the Flashfire ability, it can help a bit of your Delphox is running low on HP, witch would allow you to move energy to power it up.

I might suggest adding a Flareon EX from Generations instead of the XY Delphox, because the attacks are virtually the same. And with the Flashfire ability, it can help a bit of your Delphox is running low on HP, witch would allow you to move energy to power it up.

Good idea, but Flareon EX does not have Mystical Fire or Flare Witch. When Delphox is BREAK evolved it actually has more HP than many EXs (including Flareon). I do agree, as Flareon is faster and useful as a tech, but not on the idea of dropping XY Delphox. Its ability also only powers up itself. So worth adding as early attacker or last-ditch support, but not instead of XY Delphox. The prospect of a free Shaymin EX every turn with no risk of being hit by Lysandre, and Flare Witch to boot, is simply too good to ignore.

Hey guys, im back once again for a quick resume of these past few days to test some changes i´ve made.

First of all, let me answer some of you who commented here.

Good idea, but Flareon EX does not have Mystical Fire or Flare Witch. When Delphox is BREAK evolved it actually has more HP than many EXs (including Flareon). I do agree, as Flareon is faster and useful as a tech, but not on the idea of dropping XY Delphox. Its ability also only powers up itself. So worth adding as early attacker or last-ditch support, but not instead of XY Delphox. The prospect of a free Shaymin EX every turn with no risk of being hit by Lysandre, and Flare Witch to boot, is simply too good to ignore.

Great answer.

Delphox XY is a must, indeed.

Meanwhile, i only have 2 delphox fates collide but a combination of 1 XY and 3 FatCollide Delphox looks really good so that i will only break evolve these 3 and let the last one as a support.

cut the entei and ffb, unnecessary. add another lysande and compressor

I dont know if it´s trully unnecessary but is there any other second attacker instead of Flareon ex?

I saw some players using camerupt ex and charizard ex but for me they are not worth.

What i learned is that:

• rare candy is your *** of gold in every match, period. You need a little bit more resources to get that trainer card.
  • Get rare candy asap ---->> Skyla + Trainer´s mail
  • A 4th N or a 3rd Sycamore is unnecessary and inefficient. Once you get Delphox XY you are good.
  • Chaos Tower stadium is underrated , i really liked this card.
  • So far Entei is has been doing a good job as a first attacker, while Pyroar was only useful to stall ex decks. I never really got a good chance to attack with him.
  • I MADE SOME CHANGES :D:D:D

This new version i what i find myself more comfortable with and i think it still needs some adjust with certain match-up but we know it´s a trade-off, i might mess eveything up in the end.

Pokemon (16):

• 3 Delphox Break (Fates Collide) [+1]
  • 2 Delphox (Fates Collide)
  • 2 Delphox (XY)
  • 1 Braxien (Fates Collide)
  • 4 Fennekin (Fates Collide)
  • 1 Pyroar (FF) [-1]
  • 1 Litleo (FF) [-1]
  • 2 Entei (Ancient Origins) [+1]

Trainer Card (30):

• 1 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Escape Rope [-2]
  • 2 level ball [-2]
  • 4 Rare Candy [+1]
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 SUPER ROD [+1]
  • 3 Ultra ball
  • 3 Blacksmith [+1]
  • 3 Vs Seeker
  • 2 Trainer´s Mail
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 N
  • 1 Skyla [+1]
  • 2 Sycamore
  • 1 Chaos Tower (stadium)
  • 1 Scorched Earth (stadium)
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 FF Belt [+1]
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer [-1]
  • 1 Startling megaphone [+1]

Energy (13):

• 2 DCE [-1]
  • 11 Fire Energy

The strategy hasn´t changed much....

What you guys think?

Thanks for helping so far.

Have a nice day/night there.

I wonder if you still need that many basic energies, you virtually hit a max damage of 300 with Delphox FCO ( 2DCE +11 fire = 15x 20 =300) without counting  energies attached to your opponent's pokemons. You could consider replacing 1fire energy with another VS seeker, battle compressor or skyla  to increase the chances of setting up XY delphox early game.

You could consider replacing 1 fire energy with another VS seeker

Agree. Almost all top-level decks with the exception of Vileplume run 4 VS seekers. Many also run 4 Puzzle of Time (mainly NM, but others too) for the versatility it gives. The former is a must, the latter is highly reccomened, but optional. (Think an extra VS Seeker for Skyla while re-using a Rare Candy or grabbing a KOed Delphox and a Fennekin to be re-played.)

Hi RuskeD, thanks for replying to my thread! I've got a few questions about your build right (trying to figure out the reasoning behind some choices.)

1: How often do you mulligan? For some reason if I have less than like 10 basics I tend to need to mulligan a lot.

2: Have you been able to try the deck out with a Flareon EX?  It does give up 2 prizes when it falls, though it also gives you another energy dump besides the XY Delphox (plus it can be used to "rescue" an energy or if you know your active is going to die next turn.)

3: With the focus of the deck being Delphox, why the FF belt? It only works with basics so I only see it being put on an Entei. Wouldn't a Muscle Band be a better choice since it can work with all of your pokemon?

Hi RuskeD, thanks for replying to my thread! I've got a few questions about your build right (trying to figure out the reasoning behind some choices.)

1: How often do you mulligan? For some reason if I have less than like 10 basics I tend to need to mulligan a lot.

2: Have you been able to try the deck out with a Flareon EX?  It does give up 2 prizes when it falls, though it also gives you another energy dump besides the XY Delphox (plus it can be used to "rescue" an energy or if you know your active is going to die next turn.)

3: With the focus of the deck being Delphox, why the FF belt? It only works with basics so I only see it being put on an Entei. Wouldn't a Muscle Band be a better choice since it can work with all of your pokemon?

1. Well,i would say 20~25% of the matches i have to mulligan. That issue makes me wonder if Pyroar is really necessary and should be replace with something else. Who knows?

2. I understand most of people would use Flareon EX but my humble opinion is that he isn´t a reliable "second attacker" though he does more damage than Entei. All my FFB are used on Entei (oh really?), but i might remove both Entei and FFB only if i find other attacker instead of Flareon EX.

My deck composition is focused on Entei as a first attacker or Pyroar. In the meantime, i must set at least 1 Delphox XY and get that godly draw power, there we go.

3.Your comment is valid because it is a better choice,indeed. So....why not? Well, Entei is doing pretty well so i´m still comfortable using only 2.

Maybe i should just give up and get 2/3 Flareon ex and make my deck more efficient...But for some reason Lugia EX is getting my attention and i want to test it out and see how good he does (at least 1 Pokemon without weakness to water)

Pyroar is just to stall.....I barely attack with him.

1. Well,i would say 20~25% of the matches i have to mulligan. That issue makes me wonder if Pyroar is really necessary and should be replace with something else. Who knows?

2. I understand most of people would use Flareon EX but my humble opinion is that he isn´t a reliable "second attacker" though he does more damage than Entei. All my FFB are used on Entei (oh really?), but i might remove both Entei and FFB only if i find other attacker instead of Flareon EX.

My deck composition is focused on Entei as a first attacker or Pyroar. In the meantime, i must set at least 1 Delphox XY and get that godly draw power, there we go.

3.Your comment is valid because it is a better choice,indeed. So....why not? Well, Entei is doing pretty well so i´m still comfortable using only 2.

Maybe i should just give up and get 2/3 Flareon ex and make my deck more efficient...But for some reason Lugia EX is getting my attention and i want to test it out and see how good he does (at least 1 Pokemon without weakness to water)

Pyroar is just to stall.....I barely attack with him.

Y'know, I forgot about the Lugia EX when I made that comment. I can see it being a solid alternative over the Flareon-EX. The only downside is that you can't use Blacksmith to cheat energies onto it like you can with the Flareon-EX

And now the deck drops to Expanded, like a lot if other decks, because of rotation. Do you think there are enough options to make adjustments, or do you think the next chance might be with Steam Siege?

And now the deck drops to Expanded, like a lot if other decks, because of rotation. Do you think there are enough options to make adjustments, or do you think the next chance might be with Steam Siege?

Sir, delphox break deck as it is now won´t survive in the nex rotation (Delphox XY is the key here).

Actually i don´t know what will be of Delphox Break because im not so familiar with the upcoming cards in Steam Siege expansion but who knows....If i think of some cool idea with him i might post here or even create another topic.

Thanks for your concern.

It may work on brute force alone, but Greninja is just going to be too strong for this deck. Without Blacksmith and XY Delphox, this will be hard to get running at all.

Archived