Price Check: Champions Festival 2014

RobRatt

Does anyone happen to know how much this set of 6 is worth? I don't think they're very rare, because my son picked up two sets somewhere. ...and of course when I ask him all I get is, "I dunno."

They're red star foil promos, S14 8 thru S14 13, each in a different language.

(Check the companies, mon!)  They seem to be circulating for about one pack each at the mo', so not terribly rare, but still fairly hard to come by... The kind of card where lots exist, but are all owned by veterans.

edit-I may have misinterpreted which card you meant.  Sorry.  Listen to Kieta on this one, not me.

I'd say around 15-19 each, if theyre 2014 (with Vivillon on them). I'm not totally sure though so I could actually be pretty wrong. I regularly sell them at 15 if I get 2014, or 9 if I get 2015 though. 

I'd say around 15-19 each, if theyre 2014 (with Vivillon on them). I'm not totally sure though so I could actually be pretty wrong. I regularly sell them at 15 if I get 2014, or 9 if I get 2015 though.

Thanks to both of you for replying. Yes, they are 2014, with Vivillon on them. I had already checked one of the Companies, and their thread listed "12 NIS" for both seasons.

I thought then, and still wonder, "this can't be right." We didn't go to Worlds the last 2 or 3 years, and neither did the friends that my son usually plays & trades with. ...Is/was there another way to get these cards? Hopefully I'll find a definitive answer before I embarrass myself with a stupid trade.

Thanks to both of you for replying. Yes, they are 2014, with Vivillon on them. I had already checked one of the Companies, and their thread listed "12 NIS" for both seasons.

I thought then, and still wonder, "this can't be right." We didn't go to Worlds the last 2 or 3 years, and neither did the friends that my son usually plays & trades with. ...Is/was there another way to get these cards? Hopefully I'll find a definitive answer before I embarrass myself with a stupid trade.

All Worlds Participants were given out codes with their own participation sets of the Champions Festivals and the codes included the sets, and the Box/Sleeve/Coin sets for online

And my company personally doesn't have them listed (at least, I don't think so) because I just have no business selling them regularly. 

(Check the companies, mon!)  They seem to be circulating for about one pack each at the mo', so not terribly rare, but still fairly hard to come by... The kind of card where lots exist, but are all owned by veterans.

edit-I may have misinterpreted which card you meant.  Sorry.  Listen to Kieta on this one, not me.

The versions that are about 0.5 are the BW95 promo (2013), and they were flooded by codes that gave a playset of BW95 rather than codes that give 1 of 9 different languages. 

All Worlds Participants were given out codes with their own participation sets of the Champions Festivals and the codes included the sets, and the Box/Sleeve/Coin sets for online

And my company personally doesn't have them listed (at least, I don't think so) because I just have no business selling them regularly. 

I'm still not sure what value to place on these personally, but I found part of the answer I was looking for.

These red star promos (2014, in different languages) come from the code card out of World Championship decks for that year. ...y'know the kind you buy at your local department store. They are the same cards that World's participants get apparently.

IMHO, I can't see them being worth 72-90 packs (6 x 12 or 15) if they come out of a stinkin' theme deck. I had originally thought I might trade the sets in Public Offers for a Tropical Beach. :unsure: Whew, that probably wouldn't have been very fair.

I'm still not sure what value to place on these personally, but I found part of the answer I was looking for.

These red star promos (2014, in different languages) come from the code card out of World Championship decks for that year. ...y'know the kind you buy at your local department store. They are the same cards that World's participants get apparently.

IMHO, you guys who run Trading Companies may want to reassess what you trade for (in & out), because they may not be worth 72-90 packs (6 x 12-15) if they come out of a stinkin' theme deck.

The Red Star Promos and World Championship Gameplay sets are exclusive to the WC codes.

The codes from the decks only unlock an Alternate Art version of the Gameplay Set, thus maintaining the value of the authentic one.

Unless there is a glitch giving out RSP cards for the deck codes (puke)

Archived