Lucario Bats and Friends!

AuraStormLucari

This is my rendition of a deck centered around one of my favorite cards Lucario EX. My deck list is posted below.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 16

3 Lucario-EX FFI 107

2 Hawlucha FFI 63

1 Carbink *** 50

3 Zubat PHF 31

3 Golbat PHF 32

2 Crobat PHF 33

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

Trainer Cards - 33

3 Professor Sycamore XY 122

3 Professor Sycamore XY 122

2 N *******

2 Korrina FFI 95

2 Lysandre FLF 90

1 Xerosic PHF 110

1 AZ PHF 91

4 VS Seeker PHF 109

3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

3 Ultra Ball ROS 93

3 Level Ball NXD 89

3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

3 Super Scoop Up FFI 100

1 Super Rod BKT 149

2 Scorched Earth PRC 138

Energy - 11

7 Fighting Energy BLW 110

4 Strong Energy FFI 104

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This deck is centered around Lucario EX, a strong and versatile EX card. While being unable to disrupt opponents or hit for monstrous amounts of damage, this card can consistently get knock outs at a reasonable pace, by using various methods of support to boost its slightly lackluster damage output. Corkscrew punch also provides a secondary method of draw support, which along with Shaymin EX, sycamore, and N, provide a consistent draw engine.

Of course, Lucario EX can't do everything itself, that's where the crobat line comes in. Golbat and Crobat's abilites allow damage to be spread around the field, which can easily be vital in achieving the magic number needed for the KO. In addition, if it is necessary, they can each attack for a single energy, but they obvously aren't my primary attackers, (although i will occasionally use them to snipe phantump, joltik, or pumpkaboo off the bench). Lastly, the free retreat cost of the bat's (other than zubat) makes them a strong pivot into other attackers.

Lucario EX has some other friends in this list as well. Firstly, hawlucha from furious fists, gives another strong pivot with a free retreat cost, while having an attack that can deal 60 damage to EX pokemon for just one energy. Then, comes the brand new carbink (the common one with safeguard), which albeit not a powerful attacker (two energy for 40 damage), has an ability safeguard, protecting it from all effects of attacks, INCLUDING damage, from EX pokemon. With this ability, carbink has won games singlehandedly, and can act as a wall that can be used to stall if necessary.

Lastly, comes Roaring Skies' Shaymin EX, a card ubiquitous in the pokemon TCG since its release, provides great draw support without using the turns supporter. Being a pokemon as well, it allows me to use a turn 1 Korina to grab a lucario EX and an ultra ball, and then ultra ball for the shaymin to draw a reasonable amount of cards.

Anyways, I apologize for much of the meaningless banter above, I'm sure most people know what these cards do, I just thought I'd elaborate for newer players who didnt, or those curious about why I have a particular card in my deck.

Now, here comes the part where I'm having a bit of trouble. First of all, I am conflicted over certain trainers in my deck. In particular, having AZ, Xerosic, level ball, and scorched earth in my deck, and also not having a copy of Hex Maniac, Head Ringer / Hammers. I'm also not settled on the quantities of my main supporters, which is currently 3 Sycamore, 2 N, and 2 Korina. I've also considered running a copy of Landorus FFI, or Gallade BKP with Maxie's hidden ball trick.

Some matchups that I find troublesome are: especially anything with Jolteon EX, Trevenant Break (still a winnable matchup provided the opponent doesn't go first and get a turn 1 item lock), Vileplume (particularly when paired with the new Serperior or Vespiquen), and a fine-tuned well played night march deck. I tend to do very well against Greninja BREAK, however other water decks centered around seismitoad can certainly be troublesome. I also tend to almost always win vs dark-type decks (some combination of yveltal, darkrai, and zoroark), as well less common decks, like garchomp decks, or dragon-type decks (like reshiram / dragon mega rayquaza).

Anyway, what I am looking for is advice and opinions on changes I can make to the deck, to help make it more effective or improve its matchups (or anything beneficial in general). I've had over 24 hours of playtime with this deck, and have fine-tuned it a great amount since then, however one pair of eyes can only do so much, so I'd appreciate other opinions as well.

Lastly, thank you in advance to anyone who reads this and makes any type of comment.

~AuraStormLucario

looks good, but id say drop the super rod and level balls, and replace with 2 hex maniacs and 2 switches/escape rope

Lucario Bats just isn't that good right now. 

Carbink Break is way better than Hawlucha.

Pretty much any Fighting deck not playing at least 2X2 Carbink Break is putting itself as a significant disadvantage IMO. 

I've never really liked scorched earth myself.  In your position, I would prefer the fighting stadium, but it doesn't make a huge difference.

Lucario Bats just isn't that good right now. 

Carbink Break is way better than Hawlucha.

Pretty much any Fighting deck not playing at least 2X2 Carbink Break is putting itself as a significant disadvantage IMO. 

Carbink break does sound nice, I'll definitely try it out, however, it still leaves me with problematic matchups.  

Yeah, I'm not sure how you fit a 2X2 line of Carbink Break into a Bats deck. Just not enough room really, and that's one of the reasons that Lucario/Bats isn't as good as it used to be.

Yeah, I'm not sure how you fit a 2X2 line of Carbink Break into a Bats deck. Just not enough room really, and that's one of the reasons that Lucario/Bats isn't as good as it used to be.

Well then what advice would you have to make this deck better than it is now? 

Archived