myndfr3ak

quitting

myndfr3ak

Is there any way to implement some sort of punishment for conceding games in versus mode? Just to discourage people from quitting all the time. it makes it difficult to complete challenges when people just quit whenever they feel like it. I was thinking maybe a time limit to play again if they quit too many times in a row. 

• Downvote 1

Guido_19

Well, at first I was pretty against quitting, specially for the reasons you give, but then I started doing it myself, as everyone else did it. More than a punishment to those who quit, I believe there should be a compensation for those who win, for example, when it comes to challenges, that they are given the kills they would've got in that match, or something like that. On the other hand, they could give like a stimulant for not quiting, like winning a certain amount of versus points in case of losing without leaving.

In the end, I understand quitting as an avoidance of losing time in a match that you would inevitably lose. It may be annoying for the one who is trying to achieve a challenge, but it doesn't take you that much time.

graywh

You're not the first to suggest it, but it will never happen.

Since the Versus rewards ladder was introduced, I've suggested they award points to the loser based on the number of prizes taken.

myndfr3ak

i know it will probably never happen, but i'm sure there is some way to keep people from quitting if the other person is trying to do challenges.

seminc

i know it will probably never happen, but i'm sure there is some way to keep people from quitting if the other person is trying to do challenges.

There is. You can tell your opponent that you are trying to complete a challenge, and offer to concede when you are done, or do something else for your opponent such as help with their challenges. It works for me.