The Mindless Nonsense Begins-My Ideas

theotherguytm

Without thoroughly reading post: This is your first legacy deck? I'm surprised. And you did miss something. Twist mountain is terrible. ;)

After thoroughly reading: So the strategy here is... To set up about seven evolution lines, attack with Mew, and hope something comes together? I think maybe you have the misconception that Twist works for all poekmon, not just restoreds? In all seriousness, though- you need a more thorough strategy. Maybe pick two or three of these and run with them.

Edited to reduce criticality.

Edited by SuperStone

Without thoroughly reading post: This is your first legacy deck? I'm surprised. And you did miss something. Twist mountain is terrible. ;)

After thoroughly reading: So the strategy here is... To set up about seven evolution lines, attack with Mew, and hope something comes together? I think maybe you have the misconception that Twist works for all poekmon, not just restoreds? In all seriousness, though- you need a more thorough strategy. Maybe pick two or three of these and run with them.

Edited to reduce criticality.

It's Plasma Blast Cradily with Lifesplosion, remember? That's how the Stage 2s get out. And, like I said, this is a shortlist more than anything else.

I'll have to bookmark this to read later, very interesting.

Thanks! Glad to know you appreciate my post.

Next, another dumb idea to make Legacy a little less VirGenBi ruled. Yes, a direct counter to VirGen.

Victory and Cuteness

Pokemon-18

Victini(V-Create)-4

Pichu(Playground)-4

Cleffa-2

Reshiram(Outrage)-2

Spiritomb(Sealing Scream)-2

Ditto(Dittobolic)-1

Mr Mime(Bench Barrier)-2

Chatot(Misinformation)-1

Energy-7

7 Basic Fire

Trainers 35

Pokemon Collector 4

Professor Juniper 3

N 2

PONT 2

Skyla 2

Twins 1

Random Receiver 4

Junk Arm 4

Ultra Ball 4

Level Ball 3

Tool Scrapper 1

Exp. Share 2

Burned Tower 2

Life Dew 1

Sorry everyone, the forum just deleted everything I wrote on this deck. I am out of time for now, but please, as always, feel free to reply to this, or anything else I wrote. Feedback is important to me.

Edited by theotherguytm

This meta is weird.

Once Y-Garb ruled the world, now it is nowhere.

Once Karen made Vesp inviable, now it is bossing the stage.

As always, the results from Athens:

TurboDark:6(Masters Champion)

Vespstrika:3(Masters runner-up)

Mega Ray:4(Juniors runner-up)

Mega Garde Brilliance:1(Seniors Champion)

M Mewtwo Y-2(Seniors runner-up)

Volcanion-4(Juniors Champion)

Vilebox-1

Y-Garb-2

HoundoomRats-1

It seems TurboDark decks have almost had a devolution, no longer running Double Dragon, and exclusively playing with Max Elixir and Dark Pulse. OW Yveltal seems to be back in fashion as well, despite being neglected recently. And Mega Ray is back. It seemed to have far too many weaknesses to be viable in the present format, but here it is regardless, with its lightning starts that do 200+ T1. Many players would have been unprepared for such a previously underused deck. And Vesp is back out of nowhere. It's success seems to be built on its absence earlier, as the simple and effective counter (Karen) simply was not played, and thus players where unable to stop Bee Revenge.

Volcanion is making an impression as well, despite being out of the limelight for a while. Mega Garde Despair seems to have vanished from the face of the earth after its earlier success, with its cousin picking up a win in its absence, helped by the same Double Dragon technique that was so effective with TurboDark. Mega Mewtwo's awesomeness does not disappear from any meta no matter what you do, and Vilebox continues to pass unnoticed.

Y-Garb's flop was mirrored by another early successful deck's failure: Greninja. Not one Top 8 in any division. Perhaps the might of Garbotoxin is starting to tell. But this meta has suddenly diversified massively. From one deck winning all three divisions to not one finalist having the same deck as any other.

So, my predictions about Zeb have come to truth, and we now have a strange meta. Just as SM arrives to break it up. Your thoughts below!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.

POWER CREEP ALERT!!!!

Sun and Moon have some serious firepower, and some awesome cards. Most of them, however, are a good deal slower than the current meta. So how much will change with SM? Here are some of the best bits.

Pinsir

Trick Coin Donk? Possible, but reliant on opposition getting 1st turn, and no Basics. Counters Talonflame though.

Decidueye GX

Bats are now obsolete. Between continual damage spread and that amazing GX attack (Think Puzzle of Time, but EVEN BETTER), this+FoGP=PAIN.

Lunantis GX

Another card for the ultra-speed focused, you can evolve T1 with Wally/FoGP, have it accelerate itself with Flower Supply, and then use Chloroscythe GX for 200. OUCH.

Shiinotic

Pull any Grass type with its Ability. Looking at the above, and thinking of Vileplume, that's a scary Ability.

Tsareena

As if Grass somehow was not broken enough, this. When Super Scoop Up returns, its discard-any-card Ability will be amazing.

Arcanine

Whoever it was that wished for a better Arcanine card, you got your wish. Capable of 1HKOing any Basic EX or GX, Burning Energy makes this have if-only ridiculous potential.

Inciniroar GX

One of the slower GXs, the best potential lies in its quicker first attack. It's only capable of *** damage, but with a T1 Candy and a bunch of Shaymin and Dragonite, could be slightly effective, using the GX attack to clean up big targets.

Golduck

Finally, something to go with Golduck BREAK. The free retreat and Greninja-style attack makes this worth a look, but it can't do 1HKO damage.

Pelipper

A stand in for AZ that some decks will see as a god-send. Most won't, as it uses up your attack.

Primarina GX

Bubble Beat is worth a look late on (though you can't use DOC if you want to do damage), and some versions of Wailord will find its GX attack hilarious.

Araquanid

That Ability makes it a natural counter to Volcanion for decks that don't run Garbodor. A very short list of decks.

Vikavolt

That Ability may work with the right build. I'm not sure what with, but someone might.

Alolan Muk

As if Garbodor was not enough. When they finally release another Tool Scrapper, this and Giratina will take over.

Espeon GX

Not too much to write home about, but Psychic counters MMewtwo, and Divide GX may be worth a look.

Lunala GX

IMO, a lot more under-powered that was feared. That Ability is good, but the standard attack is bad (4 Energy?!), and Lunar Fall GX will be a lot less powerful in a GX/Mega/non-EX format. Volcanion and TurboDark can still run for the hills though.

Palossand

Not to be overlooked, especially with some Strong Energy and/or Regirock EX. A touch too much on the frail side however.

Alolan Raticate

If no-one played N, this card would be ridiculously powerful. As it is, this card is merely one more reason to play N.

Umbreon GX

That GX attack has mouthwatering potential-once a game. ****.

Skarmory

This+previous card=everything you ever wanted in a Energy-hate deck.

Solgaleo GX

Card of the set. Game breaking support Ability, OP GX attack you only ever need to use once, and a mighty attacker in its own right. The best part? It has the same prevolutions as Lunala GX, so you can tech it into that deck too!

Dragonair

What On Earth is that attack. Load up on Wally and decks crammed full of as many Energy as possible.

Eevee

IT'S BACK!!! AND IT HAS A USABLE ATTACK! I LOVE YOU EEVEE!!!

Herdier

Get your Hammers here. Another card that will wait in Expanded for the return of Super Scoop Up.

Oranguru

A lot of speculation about whether this card is worth the bother. I think not.

Lillie

The new Bianca, with an upgrade when used T1. Oak's Hint is gone already.

Professor Kukui

Muscle Band stand in. Worth nothing that with this, Solgaleo GX can 1HKO anything in the game.

Rotom Dex

If your Town Map makes you cry, try this! Just get your good cards out the deck first and you'll be fine! May need a second Town Map to see what has replaced your old Prizes though.

Nest Ball

Simple, effective, gets you your Hoopa EX.

Team Skull Grunt

Worth a look for disruption decks. Pretty luck-reliant though, unless you use Tsareenan first...

Timer Ball

On average, about as good as Nest Ball, but it can't get Shaymins or other staples. Perhaps worth passing over.

Agree? Disagree? I'll be back, and I look at the star of the set, and how to turn it into a winning machine.

Correction: Nest Ball is useless for Hoopa because it makes you put the basic you chose into the bench. Hoopa Ex needs to be played from hand to make use of it's ability. I already made this mistake with Shaymin Ex lol.

I like Solgaleo Gx... free switch, and if you have 2 in play acts as Keldeo Ex/Zoroark, plus that attack is something and it's not even the Gx attack... who cares if you have to discard all the energies?! Finally, the Gx attack is an awesome boost in energy attachement, but at the cost of an attack though.

Pinsir might be good trolling material.

Golduck can be paired with Jolteon and Flareon to deal 1HKOs to many different types.

Toxapex may be worth trying... "When your opponent active pokémon retreats their new active pokémon is poisoned" - which means free poisoning OR your opponent doesn't retreat although he'd like to, in order not to get poisoned.

You didn't mantion Poison Barb...= free poisoning.

Alolan Dugtrio + Team Aqua's Muk + Team Aqua's Base + some attacker that adds 20 damage for each energy in the opponents retreat cost may be fun. Maybe the new Sharpedo... 3 damage counters on contact, and this said attack.

Timer Ball, the new Duall Ball, only for evolutions.

I think you also skiped Tauros Gx. Well for 2 DCE cost for any of it's attacks, the first and the last are not bad, adding FFB and/or **********, and maybe you can discard it via Parallel City when it's full of damage counters.

Another, Gumshoos Gx. Knowing your opponents hand at every turn?? I can't miss that!! And that's when Team Skull Grunt gets usefull! Adding the fact it's Gx attack can be a game turner.

Repel, the remake of Pokémon Circulator.

Palossand... Maybe i rather use Meganium, although it's one more stage, but with FOGP and Shiinotic, maybe.

Passimian. I dont know... maybe... if the deck is full of Revives, Strong energies, FFBs, Machamp Fighting Fury or Empoleon Dignified Fighter, Professor Kukui, maybe Faded Town.. might be a thing but looks troublesome to keep flowing.

Decidueye Gx definitly! And even the attack is easy to setup for 1 basic and 1 DCE. Otherworldly ability!

EDIT: both censors say "***********"

Edited by Cuqk

Cuqk, on 05 Feb 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

Correction: Nest Ball is useless for Hoopa because it makes you put the basic you chose into the bench. Hoopa Ex needs to be played from hand to make use of it's ability. I already made this mistake with Shaymin Ex lol.

I like Solgaleo Gx... free switch, and if you have 2 in play acts as Keldeo Ex/Zoroark, plus that attack is something and it's not even the Gx attack... who cares if you have to discard all the energies?! Finally, the Gx attack is an awesome boost in energy attachement, but at the cost of an attack though.

Pinsir might be good trolling material.

Golduck can be paired with Jolteon and Flareon to deal 1HKOs to many different types.

Toxapex may be worth trying... "When your opponent active pokémon retreats their new active pokémon is poisoned" - which means free poisoning OR your opponent doesn't retreat although he'd like to, in order not to get poisoned.

You didn't mantion Poison Barb...= free poisoning.

Alolan Dugtrio + Team Aqua's Muk + Team Aqua's Base + some attacker that adds 20 damage for each energy in the opponents retreat cost may be fun. Maybe the new Sharpedo... 3 damage counters on contact, and this said attack.

Timer Ball, the new Duall Ball, only for evolutions.

I think you also skiped Tauros Gx. Well for 2 DCE cost for any of it's attacks, the first and the last are not bad, adding FFB and/or **********, and maybe you can discard it via Parallel City when it's full of damage counters.

Another, Gumshoos Gx. Knowing your opponents hand at every turn?? I can't miss that!! And that's when Team Skull Grunt gets usefull! Adding the fact it's Gx attack can be a game turner.

Repel, the remake of Pokémon Circulator.

Palossand... Maybe i rather use Meganium, although it's one more stage, but with FOGP and Shiinotic, maybe.

Passimian. I dont know... maybe... if the deck is full of Revives, Strong energies, FFBs, Machamp Fighting Fury or Empoleon Dignified Fighter, Professor Kukui, maybe Faded Town.. might be a thing but looks troublesome to keep flowing.

Decidueye Gx definitly! And even the attack is easy to setup for 1 basic and 1 DCE. Otherworldly ability!

EDIT: both censors say "***********"

Thanks for the correction on Hoopa EX!

I forgot about Poison Barb, you're right! The new Rocky Helmet is a Hell-met with Virbank.

Tauros GX is IMO, overrated. The Rage attack is meh, and the other attack is useless. It's GX attack is good, but it's still a GX attack. Worth using only if you have no other GXs.

Gumshoos GX is a bit too weak for my taste, though as a bench-warmer it may do some good. It's no Garbodor though.

And today, I give a sample of the the GX power to come.

Sun and Rain

##Pokémon - 22

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

* 4 Bronzor BKT 95

* 3 Bronzong ******

* 1 Bronzong FAC 61

* 4 Solgaleo-GX SM 89

* 1 Heatran ******

* 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60

* 4 Cosmog SM 64

* 2 Cosmoem SM 65

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137

* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 2 N PR-BLW BW100

* 1 Lysandre FLF 90

* 1 Brigette BKT 134

* 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear ******

1 Skyla

* 1 Parallel City BKT 145

* 4 Rare Candy PLB 85

* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113

* 4 Professor Sycamore *******

* 1 Tool Scrapper DRX 116

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 9

* 9 Metal Energy

Behold the future. The GX deck of tomorrow will look something like this. The plan with this deck is to get off a T2 Sol Burst, and from there cycle between Solgaleo with Ultra Road, 1HKOing anything with its standard attack, and reloading with Metal Links.

Metal was a force before, Bronzong, Heatran, Aegislash EX, Genesect EX (FaCo), all mighty foes. But now, with Sol Burst and Ultra Road for support Metal can return. The potential firepower is almost unthinkable. The best pat about this deck is the fact that it works just as well with Solgaleo in a support role as it does with him as a main attacker. Sol Burst gives just the right Energy to set up a Full Metal Burst and power up another 3-Energy attack at the same time. OUCH.

This is only the start. How about Bronzong BREAK to rain damage everywhere? Or loading up Mewtwo the Broken One (OPness be upon him) in the background? Finding some room for Max Potions in this deck is left as an exercise for the reader.

Your thoughts are, as always, invited below. Next time, I'll show how SM has made Grass the Darkness of Standard. Well, almost. (After all, they haven't got ****ing Dark Patch.)

Edited by theotherguytm

1. I like the idea of Solgaleo being both an attacker and a supporter. Awesome ability.

2. If the deck Includes Metal Links, a basic attacker (i greatly prefer Cobalion over Heatran), Solgaleo Gx, and at least 1 Ex (for the soon to be anti-Gx) in wich case Aegi-Ex might be a good option, or a counter to metal weakness... man it becomes a ticking bomb!!!

3. I loved the "The new Rocky Helmet is a Hell-met with Virbank" joke!

1. I like the idea of Solgaleo being both an attacker and a supporter. Awesome ability.

2. If the deck Includes Metal Links, a basic attacker (i greatly prefer Cobalion over Heatran), Solgaleo Gx, and at least 1 Ex (for the soon to be anti-Gx) in wich case Aegi-Ex might be a good option, or a counter to metal weakness... man it becomes a ticking bomb!!!

3. I loved the "The new Rocky Helmet is a Hell-met with Virbank" joke!

Point 2 sums up Metal. So many options. And that's before Magearna EX...

Point 2 sums up Metal. So many options. And that's before Magearna EX...

Yeah i forgot Magearna. With a Sky Field and Brock's/Rod/Dragonite or even a combination of all, imagine what you could have on the bench! Magearna, setup basic, setup ex...! I already have 2 Solgaleo, 1 more and my deck is complete. The deck is similar to this.

I dont know why but i think you'll love this deck. Its an old one though. The idea is to attack with Gengar Ex which then hide behind Wailord, and when this one is full of damage or when an anti-ex/anti-basic needs to be delt, Whimsicott jumps in and does what it knows best, damage switch! The deck is filled with retreat options cause if float stones get megaphoned that could be the end of the match as Wailord is a heavy wheight also to retreat.

EDIT: I also though of a Wilord/FFB/Dark energy/Darkrai, but it would be too clunky of a build. Also, i'd like to make whimsicott a surprise element, bench it and evolve the same turn to attack, but i'd need to make sure i had imediate access to Cottonee, Wally and a Rainbow energy. It would be very hard.

2nd EDIT: While editing the decklist lost format. Check next post for it

Edited by Cuqk

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 10

* 2 Cottonee FAC 70

* 2 Whimsicott AOR 56

* 4 Gengar-EX *******

* 2 Wailord-EX PRC 38

##Trainer Cards - 39

* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

* 3 Switch ROS 91

* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102

* 1 Startling Megaphone ******

********* Rod NVI 95

* 1 Escape Rope PLS 120

* 1 Special Charge STS 105

* 3 Virbank City Gym PLS 126

* 1 Colress PLS 118

* 3 N FAC 105

* 2 Lysandre *******

* 4 Float Stone BKT 137

* 1 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134

* 1 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94

* 1 Max Potion BKP 103

* 3 Muscle Band XY 121

* 3 Professor Sycamore *******

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 11

* 4 Psychic Energy BLW 109

* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

* 3 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know why but i think you'll love this deck. Its an old one though. The idea is to attack with Gengar Ex which then hide behind Wailord, and when this one is full of damage or when an anti-ex/anti-basic needs to be delt, Whimsicott jumps in and does what it knows best, damage switch! The deck is filled with retreat options cause if float stones get megaphoned that could be the end of the match as Wailord is a heavy wheight also to retreat.

EDIT: I also though of a Wilord/FFB/Dark energy/Darkrai, but it would be too clunky of a build. Also, i'd like to make whimsicott a surprise element, bench it and evolve the same turn to attack, but i'd need to make sure i had imediate access to Cottonee, Wally and a Rainbow energy. It would be very hard.

2nd EDIT: While editing the decklist lost format. Check next post for it

I do like it, I do! Sorry for the late reply, though. I have three Whimsicott IRL myself. Damage Swap + Fairy Garden + Geomancy Xerneas = RAGE TIME! The main problem with it I can see is massive loss to Trev's damage spread.

Anyway, when I mentioned Grass, you automatically thought Vileplume or Decuideye GX. Well, since when have I focused on meta decks?

NO.

I will instead bring another deck for my Gallery of Rouge Tiers.

Forest's Bee Hive

Pokémon-24

4 Weedle

4 Kakuna

4 Beedrill (PrCl)

4 Combee

4 Vesp

2 Morelull

2 Shiinotic

Energy-6

6 Basic Grass

Trainers-30

4 Professor Sycamore

2 N

1 Skyla

4 Forest of Giant Plants

4 VS Seeker

2 Level Ball

3 Ultra Ball

2 Timer Ball

4 Puzzle of Time

1 Revitaliser

3 Assault Vest

So, the aim of this deck is to embarrass your opponent to death by 1HKOing their Pokémon with Vesp. Wait. That's not embarrassing at all! Yes it is. Because the 1HKOs are done... by INTELLIGENCE GATHERING!

Yes the 10 damage attack that gives you extra draw power is going to KO a Wailord. How can this be done? Well, thanks to Beedrill's Allergic Shock that's how. An attack that makes the next hit that lands on an instant KO. Seems good but has a few flaws. Pokémon Ranger and the Switch variants can all prevent Allergic Shock from being a KO. The best response is to turn it up to Bee Revenge when this happens.

Overall, not one of my better decks and could use a lot of refinement. But the very fact this even works can be attributed to the power of Forest of Giant Plants and Shiinotic. Sun and Moon have made Grass a powerhouse to fear. Your thoughts on this, or anything else I've posted below. Next time: I've come up with a use for Vikavolt!

Edited by theotherguytm

I once though of something around those lines, relying on Beedrill's attack to deal 1HKOs next turn with Dunsparce (1 col energy attack and no retreat cost). Using Dusparce instead of Vespiquen lines saves 4 slots, but then again Vespiquen might be useful late game or if you can't gather the conditions for the effect os Beedrill's attack. Like in Jirachi's Doom Desire, your opponent can't retreat, switch, scoop up, Magearna, etc,otherwise you'll have no effect. An useful combo in that case is the (in)famous Dragalge lock, it's what i use in Jirachi's deck. Seems very fun, although not consistent. I'd also run a prof letter, cause with 6 energies it might be hard to get one in hand.

I once though of something around those lines, relying on Beedrill's attack to deal 1HKOs next turn with Dunsparce (1 col energy attack and no retreat cost). Using Dusparce instead of Vespiquen lines saves 4 slots, but then again Vespiquen might be useful late game or if you can't gather the conditions for the effect os Beedrill's attack. Like in Jirachi's Doom Desire, your opponent can't retreat, switch, scoop up, Magearna, etc,otherwise you'll have no effect. An useful combo in that case is the (in)famous Dragalge lock, it's what i use in Jirachi's deck. Seems very fun, although not consistent. I'd also run a prof letter, cause with 6 energies it might be hard to get one in hand.

Like I said, could use a LOT of refinement. At first I was thinking of Bellossom hit-and-run to go with Beedrill (and Vileplume as a bench-warmer) but the aesthetic sense of using two bees together got the better of me.

And now, Vikavolt. Potential. But so slow. If only there was a way to drop it in quickly and a Pokémon whose Energy needs matched up with Vika's Ability. Wait, Dragonite! But that's two Stage 2s in the same deck. How to get them... wow. I Am Evil.

Destruction Of Life(E)

Pokémon 17​

4 Talonflame

3 Dragonite-AT RoSk

2 Vikavolt S&M

3 Lileep BWPB

3 Cradily BWPB

2 Shaymin EX

Energy 12

7 Grass

5 Lightning

Trainers 31

4 Battle Compressor

4 Root Fossil

1 Town Map

3 Trainer's Mail

2 Ultra Ball

1 Computer Search

3 Silver Bangle

3 Forest of Giant Plants

1 Lysandre

1 Fisherman

2 Skyla

2 N

4 Professor Sycamore

Yes, a VS Seeker-less Expanded deck. But it's worth it when Dragonite starts hitting for 150-180 a turn, picking up an extra prize for every KO. This is an old idea from post #10, when I first considered Cradily. But instead of Nuture and Heal Sceptile, Vikavolt takes this deck to a whole new level. It can get Dragonite hitting in 2 turns flat. Remember that with Sliver Bangle (soon to be Choice Band) Dragonite 1HKOs EXs for 3 Prizes!

Sorry I haven't got time to give more on this deck, but do tell me what you think! (If you are wondering how the Pokémon are supposed to get into play, research Cradily).

So, Anaheim Regionals.

SM does not seem to have changed the meta much on the surface, but let's take a closer look.

DarkTina - 2 (Masters Champion)

TurboDark - 4 (Masters runner-up, Seniors Champion, Juniors runner-up)

Vespark - 2

Y-Garb - 2

M Mewtwo - 3

Mega Ray - 2 (Seniors Runner-up)

Mega Garde Brilliance - 3 (Juniors Champion)

Luranvile* - 1

Vilebox - 1

TurboTwo-Garb - 1

Decidueye* - 1

Water Tools* - 1

So only 2 cards at most in each of the Masters Division Top 8 decks were new in SM, with the winner using 0. But a few new decks came through, each marked with a *.

Grass was given a major boost in SM, and the two new decks from that type are of no surprise to most. But no Shiinotic in either deck, which is a touch surprising at first, but as you think about it, the reason is clear: FoGP decks have no time to waste on his Ability. The space is instead spent on Timer Balls, as the Vileplume decks are 2 of 6 decks to use 5 or more SM cards, with Decidueye being the only deck to use 10 or more.

Water Tools is not a new concept, but after Toad rotated, it needed a new centrepiece. Lapras GX has provided that centrepiece. Note the 3 Bursting Balloons in the deck, compensating for lower damage attacks like Crystal Ray, Resistance Blizzard and Aqua Turbo/Pearl Hurricane.

While the field seems evenly spread, one deck stands out. TurboDark has proved itself against a wide variety of foes, reaching the final in all three divisions. It must therefore be the deck to beat now. Load up on Jolteon Ex and Fighting Types. One final meta shift which is very interesting. None of the Top 4 decks contained a single Garbodor, and Volcanion and Greninja have disappeared from the map. Your thoughts below!

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've had the time to post, so I'll quickly throw in the latest and dumbest creation of mine.

Raining Thunder

Pokémon 14

​3 Dratini S&M

3 Dragonair " "

1 Tauros GX " "

4 Raikou BrTh

1 Jolteon EX Gen

2 Shaymin EX RoSk

Energy 18

18 Lightning Energy

Trainers 26

4 Trainers Mail

3 VS Seeker

4 Ultra Ball

4 Professor Sycamore

2 N

3 Wally

1 Ninja Boy

1 Brock's Guts

1 Lysandre

1 Float Stone

The plan is to Wally into Dragonair and to use its first attack, which allows infinite Energy placement on your next turn. Then load up a swarm of Lightning types and attack, using Ninja Boy for extra flexibility. Tauros GX is the perfect tool for a Ninja Boy switch. Since you aren't using any other GXs, Mad Bull can 1HKO any Pokémon you care to name. And the sheer amount of Energy makes it quite the strange deck.

Like it? Got your own thoughts to add on this or any other of my posts? Reply below!

Hey! How did Cradily Evolutions go? You could go with a Twisted Mountain just to increase chances of benching Lileep if you have it in hand. Although it's a fairly easy fossil to setup.

I too have thought of Cradily for a long time but i didn't yet figured what to use with it... it has to be the right Stage 2... Maybe Dragonite is exactly that for it's AT ability which can't be locked, and the *********** output. The thing with Vikavolt's ability is that you don't need to have the energies in hand as it searches the deck for them. That's awesome.

A stage 2 that could evolve into a useful Break via FoGP could also be cool, as Cradilly could also take good advantage of the stadium:

1 - The only grass Break is Chesnaught (190hp)... provided it would be easy to attach energy via Vikavolt, it could evolve from XY base Chesnaught, the one with Spiky Shield ability - 160 damage plus tool plus shield.

2 - Other worthy Stage 2 Break would be Empoleon upon Empoleon Diving Draw - tool plus 30x opponents poké in play or 10x all poké in play, and the drawing ability.

3 - Delphox ******* amount of energy in play) + Delphox Break + Vikavolt.

4 - Finaly, Hydreigon upon Dark Impulse Hydreigon (190hp, 150 damage plus tool and 50 damage to 2 benched, and dark energy attachement ability to active).

Other cool combos to have are:

5 - Active Flygon BC + Max Potion with Aegislash BP + 1 DCE + Dimension Valley, but this could go horribly wrong - damagespread play (weak to Rough Seas), but can KO many poké in one turn doubling the damage counters in opponent poké.

6 - Swampert AT with it's Diving Search ability and Strong attack + Muscle Band/Choice Band, taking advantage of Rough Seas (could go with Unown + Revive for draw) - 180 with 4 energies + Muscle Band.

7 - Nidoqueen AT with Dimension Valley + Muscle Band/Choice Band + Nidoking STS with King's Palace ability - 2 attacks in one turn with tool and Nidoking boost plus poison boost, 180 + poison with one Nidoking and Muscle Band, or 220 with 2 Nidoking.

8 - Empoleon DD ability + Muscle Band/Choice Band with Dusknoir Sinister Hand ability - damage spread play.

9 - Charizard EVO (200 damage, all energy attached to this pokémon are fire type instead of their usual type) + Blastoise Deluge or Vikavolt - 200 in the turn after it's setup with Vikavolt, or possibly in the same turn with Blastoise plus tool if needed, but discards 3 energy.

10 - Gengar BKT + Dimension Valley + Greninja XY base (Water Shuriken) - able to KO in one turn with one water energy in hand and one psychic attached.

What do you think?

I might actually get a couple more Cradilly lines and give it a try for some of this combos.

- Gengar/Greninja seems particularly simple and effective to achieve ******** definitely build this one)

- Swampert seems strong with the right trainers as it can draw whatever card it wants every turn with help from Unown, and can heal with Rough Seas

- Nidoqueen/Nidoking needs a stadium to succeed but seems strong handing OHKOs every turn

- Charizard/Vikavolt + Energy Recycler has a limited damage output of 200 but it's enough most times

- Empoleon/Dusknoir seems fun just as the original deck and can go with Sky Field

Hey! How did Cradily Evolutions go? You could go with a Twisted Mountain just to increase chances of benching Lileep if you have it in hand. Although it's a fairly easy fossil to setup.

I too have thought of Cradily for a long time but i didn't yet figured what to use with it... it has to be the right Stage 2... Maybe Dragonite is exactly that for it's AT ability which can't be locked, and the *********** output. The thing with Vikavolt's ability is that you don't need to have the energies in hand as it searches the deck for them. That's awesome.

A stage 2 that could evolve into a useful Break via FoGP could also be cool, as Cradilly could also take good advantage of the stadium:

1 - The only grass Break is Chesnaught (190hp)... provided it would be easy to attach energy via Vikavolt, it could evolve from XY base Chesnaught, the one with Spiky Shield ability - 160 damage plus tool plus shield.

2 - Other worthy Stage 2 Break would be Empoleon upon Empoleon Diving Draw - tool plus 30x opponents poké in play or 10x all poké in play, and the drawing ability.

3 - Delphox ******* amount of energy in play) + Delphox Break + Vikavolt.

4 - Finaly, Hydreigon upon Dark Impulse Hydreigon (190hp, 150 damage plus tool and 50 damage to 2 benched, and dark energy attachement ability to active).

Other cool combos to have are:

5 - Active Flygon BC + Max Potion with Aegislash BP + 1 DCE + Dimension Valley, but this could go horribly wrong - damagespread play (weak to Rough Seas), but can KO many poké in one turn doubling the damage counters in opponent poké.

6 - Swampert AT with it's Diving Search ability and Strong attack + Muscle Band/Choice Band, taking advantage of Rough Seas (could go with Unown + Revive for draw) - 180 with 4 energies + Muscle Band.

7 - Nidoqueen AT with Dimension Valley + Muscle Band/Choice Band + Nidoking STS with King's Palace ability - 2 attacks in one turn with tool and Nidoking boost plus poison boost, 180 + poison with one Nidoking and Muscle Band, or 220 with 2 Nidoking.

8 - Empoleon DD ability + Muscle Band/Choice Band with Dusknoir Sinister Hand ability - damage spread play.

9 - Charizard EVO (200 damage, all energy attached to this pokémon are fire type instead of their usual type) + Blastoise Deluge or Vikavolt - 200 in the turn after it's setup with Vikavolt, or possibly in the same turn with Blastoise plus tool if needed, but discards 3 energy.

10 - Gengar BKT + Dimension Valley + Greninja XY base (Water Shuriken) - able to KO in one turn with one water energy in hand and one psychic attached.

What do you think?

I might actually get a couple more Cradilly lines and give it a try for some of this combos.

- Gengar/Greninja seems particularly simple and effective to achieve ******** definitely build this one)

- Swampert seems strong with the right trainers as it can draw whatever card it wants every turn with help from Unown, and can heal with Rough Seas

- Nidoqueen/Nidoking needs a stadium to succeed but seems strong handing OHKOs every turn

- Charizard/Vikavolt + Energy Recycler has a limited damage output of 200 but it's enough most times

- Empoleon/Dusknoir seems fun just as the original deck and can go with Sky Field

I haven't actually got the cards to test said deck, I just come up with loads of ideas and get them out of my head by posting on here, where someone like yourself can see my idea and be inspired to try it. Please do try it or anything else and let me know how it goes.

The main problem with Lifesplosion is you'll get to use it twice at most, so you can't get out many attackers. This invalidates #1 and #4. #3, forget Vikavolt, just go with Emboar, as I noted in post #10. The problem is the mingling of Grass and Fire Energies. They all look pretty cool though!

I haven't actually got the cards to test said deck, I just come up with loads of ideas and get them out of my head by posting on here, where someone like yourself can see my idea and be inspired to try it. Please do try it or anything else and let me know how it goes.

The main problem with Lifesplosion is you'll get to use it twice at most, so you can't get out many attackers. This invalidates #1 and #4. #3, forget Vikavolt, just go with Emboar, as I noted in post #10. The problem is the mingling of Grass and Fire Energies. They all look pretty cool though!

Well, Vikavolt's ability searches for the same grass energies Cradilly needs so there's a synergy there, and Delphox's attack is colorless. Emboar needs to have energy in hand to attach.

Refer to the bold: Cradilly's attack is as follows: For each grass energy attached to this pokémon, search your deck for a stage 2 pokémon and put it into your bench. So in one attack you can get 2, maybe 3 stage 2s.

Plus, if it's the case for Gengar/Greninja, it can be an Archie's deck. Cradilly bringing Gengar, and Archie's Greninja. It won't get that much clunky as the deck really doesn't need much stuff. It also doesn't have any basic for now... My connection is weak now but i'll post a list latter.

Edited by Cuqk

It's a little but cluncky actually but i think with some effort it can work out... i thought as Cradily and Archie's share the same principle, setting up via discarding, it would be good to make it that way.

What do you think of the list?

What would you change?

Are you familiarized with Archie's decks?

Do you have a Cradily to borrow me?

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Talonflame STS 96

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

* 2 Exeggcute *****

* 2 Lileep PLB 3

* 2 Cradily PLB 4

* 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60

* 3 Gengar BKT 60

* 2 Greninja XY 41

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 3 Root Fossil Lileep PLB 87

* 1 Switch ROS 91

* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102

* 1 Superior Energy Retrieval *******

* 4 Dimension Valley ******

* 1 AZ PHF 117

* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146

* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

* 1 Float Stone ******

********** Rope PLS 120

* 1 Lysandre *******

* 2 Archie's Ace in the Hole PRC 157

* 1 Professor Juniper BLW 101

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

* 1 Super Rod NVI 95

##Energy - 9

* 5 Water Energy BLW 107

* 4 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is an interesting little area of the forums, I think I'll stay here a while. There is finally another person with crazy ideas just like mine, wish I could have came earlier though :(. I'm glad I read this whole post in under 10 minutes, I was afraid I was never going to be able to say something! Anyways I like your ideas, they are awesome!

It's a little but cluncky actually but i think with some effort it can work out... i thought as Cradily and Archie's share the same principle, setting up via discarding, it would be good to make it that way.

What would you change?

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Talonflame STS 96

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

* 2 Exeggcute *****

* 2 Lileep PLB 3

* 2 Cradily PLB 4

* 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60

* 3 Gengar BKT 60

* 2 Greninja XY 41

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 3 Root Fossil Lileep PLB 87

* 1 Switch ROS 91

* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102

* 1 Superior Energy Retrieval *******

* 4 Dimension Valley ******

* 1 AZ *******

* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146

* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

* 1 Float Stone ******

********** Rope PLS 120

* 1 Lysandre *******

* 2 Archie's Ace in the Hole PRC 157

* 1 Professor Juniper BLW 101

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

* 1 Super Rod NVI 95

##Energy - 9

* 5 Water Energy BLW 107

* 4 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

Total Cards - 60

So, Talonflame. You run 4 of them, or you don't run any at all. Yup, that's how it works. Also, have you tested the Archie's engine out yet? It seems a little clunky, but doable. (Pulling of an Archie's) So the focus of this deck is Cradily to get out Gengar and Greninja, and instant KO everything, that's nice. You might want to add at least one more draw supporter. As a pilot of Archie's Blastoise, I know that the supporter count should be as low as possible to get the Archie's, while having consistent draw.

What would you change?

*snipped*

I like it, but I would say 4 Talonflame or none, like Flavorful noted. Yes, I am very familiar with Archie's and Maxie's decks, Archie's Blastoise being my all-time favourite deck. Why 1 Switch, 1 Float Stone, 1 AZ and (I assume) 1 Rope? You could perhaps do better to cut one or two of them in favour of boosting the others. Probaably needs more SupE.R. to get your hand down. There's one too many Basics for my liking in this deck, but I have seen Talonflame work with 4 or 5. I don't see the point of running Rainbow Energy, just run Psy because Rainbow can't be used by Water Shuriken. (It only counts as Water while in play.) Looks playable though, which is more than I can say for some of my decks... Maybe Tapu Lele as well shortly? 

Clarity point: I knew about the multiple Stage 2 effect, my point was that you would struggle to play enough attackers to last you a full game using it. Vikavolt can get you 4 Stage 2s (including itself), and that makes for 3 attackers. Not enough in some cases. But with Gengar (albeit -energy acceleration) you will get 2 or 3, which could be enough if you're facing EXs. And, as noted before, I have no Cradily, and my computer is on the verge of death, making me unable to get into the game.

This is an interesting little area of the forums, I think I'll stay here a while. There is finally another person with crazy ideas just like mine, wish I could have came earlier though :(. I'm glad I read this whole post in under 10 minutes, I was afraid I was never going to be able to say something! Anyways I like your ideas, they are awesome!

Thanks! Please feel free to reply to anything interesting you find in the "back catalogue" of posts, if you are interested in reading them.