The Mindless Nonsense Begins-My Ideas

Wow, me? :)

I was actually thinking of joining myself, but the issue is that I am not sure if I am on consistently enough, so might have to drop out or something.

Anyway, it might be something a bit left-field, you have been warned...

Just say if you would prefer something more meta.

You should definitely join, you will have enough time to complete each round of best of three.

I have already made a deck for myself but I need to test it with someone... On the ladder I am getting wrecked :)

Edited by iyado166
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theotherguytm

• FlavorfulPineAp

• SuperStone

• Pika36521

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What can I say, some people think the old ways are best. And now, a deck that is 70% troll, and 100% fun! (If you have my slightly strange sense of humour...)     Analysis    

Hello all, The purpose of this topic is quite simple: to try and put the ideas I generate in my head down on paper where they can be discussed, and perhaps taken advantage of by someone with a much b

Inspired by my own idea: Vesp-Flareon-Talonflame   Talonflame is a very good card when it gets out. But when it does not, it is a waste of deck space. And even when it does work, 3 cards are left i

theotherguytm

So, here's what I came with, went meta in the end, but I hope it's still got some fun bits:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 18
* 3 Ho-Oh-GX BUS 21 (obvious main focus of the deck is T1 Kiawe, not most original concept, but should hurt)
* 2 Salandit GRI 15
* 2 Salazzle-GX BUS 25 (clean-up, and punishing overpowered Garde GXs/Leles)
* 1 Turtonator-GX GRI 18 (Backup)
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30 (Guzma target, also effective against mid-high HP targets)
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60 (obvious)
* 2 Alolan Sandshrew GRI 19
* 2 Alolan Sandslash GRI 20 (Main draw support, replacing Octillery, can go to 3-3)
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21 (for emergencies)
* 1 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28 (optional, but it can swing games if dropped in at the right time)
* 1 Tapu Fini-GX BUS 39 (optional, but that GX attack is a beast)
##Trainer Cards - 30
* 2 Kiawe BUS 116 (Get it out ASAP)
* 1 Wishful Baton BUS 128 (for recycling Energies without having to immediately resort to Nitro Tank)
* 3 Guzma BUS 115 (Obvious)
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121 (could run more)
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125 (duh)
* 2 Hala GRI 126 (late-game support)
* 4 Mallow GRI 127 (main draw engine of the deck, along with A. Sandslash)
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128 (for the extra 20 damage)
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135 (what else)
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123 (because there is a lack of Brigette)
* 1 Escape Rope BUS 114 (for Guzma emergencies)
* 2 Altar of the Sunne GRI 118 (for the A. Ninetales matchup)
* 1 Ilima SUM 121 (this or Wicke are needed for disruption to prevent your opponent Mallowing whenever he feels like it)
* 1 Wicke BUS 127 (choose one or the other, Ilima is more aggressive and effective, but RNG-reliant)
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130 (duh)
##Energy - 12
* 10 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4
* 2 Rainbow Energy SUM 137 (For the Water types)
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

You may want to test this list out a bit beforehand and make some adjustments, I don't own more than a few cards in this deck, so I'd advise trying out the theory for yourself. See if a fatter A. Sandslash line or more Hala are needed.

Now to come up with something crazy for myself, if I enter.

• Upvote 1
theotherguytm

Thx, this seems OP

You're welcome, now all I have to do is get enough cards together to join myself...

Anyway, it's been a while since I did a conventional post, so I'll do something completely different.

The Greatest 5 Cards of the XY Era (in my opinion)

The XY format will be remembered as a fast-paced, power-card and lock-filled format. But some cards changed the way players built their decks. This is a list based on the following criteria:

• The card must have been released, either as a promo, or in a regular set, in the XY-Evo time period inclusive.
  • The card must not have had an earlier print, even by a different name.
  • And, to make it into the Top 5, they must have defined the meta of formats and changed the way players built their deck.

Number 5

Lysandre

​With a well-overdue nerf given to Pokémon Catcher, there was no reliable way to force Pokémon to the Active spot at the start of the XY era, Red Signal aside. But, come Flashfire, in stepped Lysandre, who showed exactly why such an effect was worthy of a Supporter card.

Why?

​Without Lysandre in the format, walling would be too easy, and there would be no serious punishment for overplaying support EXs like Jirachi. Speaking of which...

Number 4

Shaymin EX

​It was the card that got LTC banned, it was the card that sped the format up almost to breaking point (no pun intended), few other cards can claim to have been included in virtually every deck it's allowed in.

Why?

​I can almost hear you now: "But Uxie's the same card! That breaks rule 2!" However, Uxie wasn't an EX. Shaymin didn't just change the way decks were built, it changed the way players played the game, adding importance to cards like Lysandre, and adding a risk-reward element to speed. Plus, Sky Return's a surprisingly good upgrade.

Number 3

Seismitoad EX

​Much as I hate Toad, it is one of the cards that made the XY-era, and I couldn't find an excuse to leave it off here (though I've found excuses to "forget" Vile and Trev, ha), so here it is. It's first attack has won countless events by its OPness, and when players got round to using the second attack, it turns out that attack is OP too!

Why?

​The threat of Item lock, T2, every game, forced players to build faster and more powerful T1 decks, or else get slowly Quaking Punched to death (with LaserBank if they were lucky), and it also helped to bring Special Energies, particularly DOC, to the forefront. Though I suspect it was also down to the Number 2 pick...

Number 2

Joltik Phantom Forces

It's perhaps it bit unfair to give Joltik all the credit, Lampent and Pumpkaboo helped too. But Night March shaped the XY metagame with its lightning pace, big hits and 2 for 1 trades. Few other decks put the fear of Arceus into an EX-spammer so greatly.

Why?

It was one of the first high-tier decks to be cheap to obtain and play. Yes, you needed a few Shaymins for a T1 list, but it still could destroy any player who relied on rare cards in a heartbeat. NM kept EX-overloaded decks in check by exposing their fundamental weakness-the 2 prize giveaway-in a way no other deck had ever done (to my knowledge).

Honourable Mentions-Unique Card Mechanics

Sky Field, Lysandre's Trump Card, Talonflame, Maxie/Archie and Greedy Dice

​These five cards did things no other card had ever done before. Some were more game-breaking than others, and LTC, as you know, was banned. But they still gave the XY era its unique touches, and contributed to some of its greatest moments.

Number 1-the Greatest card from the XY Era

​Battle Compressor

​A card to break decks, a card to make decks, one of the greatest Items of all time. Discarding cards directly from your deck helped many more advanced strategies take off, particularly in the Expanded format.

​Why?

​Night March and Vesp were made by this card from outside bets to meta decks. VS Seeker became even more important. Teching matchup-specific cards was a lot safer. And Dark Patch, Archie and Mega Turbo helped this card turn the discard pile from a void for cards at the end of their usefulness, to as much of a part of the game as the Bench. Battle Compressor defined the speed-hungry, risk/reward decks of the XY era, and helped some deeper strategies develop into 2 Worlds-winning decks.

Agree? Disagree? Any cards you think I missed? Your thoughts below!

• Upvote 1
theotherguytm

theotherguytm has spoken.

I speak only on behalf of the Broken One, the only true meta of the eternal format.

Shining Legends is here, but it is a small set. So my "Best Bits" highlights is going to be quite smaller than normal.

There's still several cards to watch though...

Venusaur

About time they made a non-EX Venusaur. Has a nice Ability, particularly with the current format...

Shaymin

Because we needed a replacement for Shaymin EX. We haven't got it, but the first attack looks usable, the second destructive.

Shining Genesect

Flareon EX and Trevenant EX have joined forces! And with some support from Venusaur and Max Elixir with APCA and FFB for bulkiness... uhoh.

Entei GX

Yawn.

Reshiram

Old-school Outrage is back, with an upgraded backup attack that Guzma loves.

Incineroar

Very Bulky. Not much else to say.

Croconaw

Plunge! It's back, and it doesn't need a coin flip! Problem: the evolution sucks.

Shining Volcanion

Lots of Water types in this set. This is the only meta-worthy one as a light counter to NM. Which says something.

Raichu GX

How fast can you say: Dynamotor, Buzzap Thunder, Tapu Koko? Very much a massive meta threat.

Raikou

OBY for Lightning types. Just remember every one of these is one less BrTh one...

Plusle

60 for 1 on a Basic. Not really sure how that can't be meta in some way. Yet it won't be.

Zekrom

So wait, have Reshiram and Zekrom swapped attacks? No? Well this is more terrifying than its counterpart due to APCA.

Mewtwo GX

​The Broken One "requests" this card be redesigned. NOW.

Shining Mew

This is so cute... and it has 30 HP too... ultra cute... and a really good first attack that I see being copied by regular Mew/Mew EX/Marshadow GX.

Shining Jirachi

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! EVIL!!! DIE TREV DIE!... sorry, was that too much? Anyway, try it.

Marshadow

Just as I was thinking there was going to be no good hand disruption next year... Marshadow now has 2 really good cards.

Spiritomb

Snorlax Plasma, minus more than half the HP. And Guzma exists.

Zororark GX

​Say hello to the Card of the Set. Dark Explorers compressed into one card. Draw and hard hits. An OK GX attack. Alolan Sandslash can say bye-bye to its meta hopes for next year, and Mallow just got majorly buffed.

Hoopa

Because Dark decks clearly aren't overpowered enough... Who's idea is this?

Shining Rayquaza

Looks really bad... until you realise it's just Dragons Exalted Ray EX with 10 more damage and the useless bits cut.

Shining Arceus

I'm sure this has a use. Somewhere. But until then, the most powerful Pokémon in existence is reduced to trash.

Damage Mover

It's like Potion, but it doesn't actually heal, it just moves the damage to one place. Which surprisingly actually makes it playable.

Pokémon Breeder

Why does this exist? Please, no-one play this. PLEASE!

Warp Energy

"I know, this was useless before, so let's reprint it!" Reasons not run it start with Switch and go up to Guzma, with many more in between.

Agree? Disagree? Your thoughts below!

LordCharizardX

Is the Base Set Computer Search a legally usable substitute for the Ace Spec in the physical game? They carry the same effect, and are both item cards, trying to find ways for more people to use the card without spending 65-75$

SuperStone

LordCharizardX, on 08 Oct 2017 - 5:37 PM, said:

Is the Base Set Computer Search a legally usable substitute for the Ace Spec in the physical game? They carry the same effect, and are both item cards, trying to find ways for more people to use the card without spending 65-75$

Not technically. Because it doesn't say "Ace Spec", it's not considered a repri- that is, *********************?

That's really all there is to it.

Edit: CURSE YOU, CENSOR!!!

Edited by SuperStone
  • Upvote 1
theotherguytm

Not technically. Because it doesn't say "Ace Spec", it's not considered a repri- that is, *********************?

That's really all there is to it.

Edit: CURSE YOU, CENSOR!!!

That is a shame, but for friendly matches, it should be OK. Or, for casual gaming, you could just print out the card on paper and sleeve it. I would appreciate a 3rd opinion...

For competitive play, try using Dowsing Machine instead. It's really underrated and a lot cheaper.

I know what your deck is now  :ph34r:

You got me :)

But can he counter it... that is the true question. There's no point knowing your opponent is playing an OP deck when you can't do anything about it...

SuperLuigi231

That is a shame, but for friendly matches, it should be OK. Or, for casual gaming, you could just print out the card on paper and sleeve it. I would appreciate a 3rd opinion...

For competitive play, try using Dowsing Machine instead. It's really underrated and a lot cheaper.

But can he counter it... that is the true question. There's no point knowing your opponent is playing an OP deck when you can't do anything about it...

I at least switched to a type that wasn’t weak against it (I was going to play Metagross). And I do have a counter for that turn 1 Kiawe...
theotherguytm

I at least switched to a type that wasn’t weak against it (I was going to play Metagross). And I do have a counter for that turn 1 Kiawe...

But is it the bluff? Or the double bluff? You just don't know...

And now, straight out of the new expansion:

Gaia Totem

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Marshadow-GX BUS 80

* 3 Bulbasaur SLG 1

* 1 Ivysaur SLG 2

* 3 Venusaur SLG 3

* 1 Shaymin SLG 7

* 4 Shining Genesect SLG 9

* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

* 3 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116

* 1 Brigette BKT 134

* 1 Energy Recycler GRI 123

* 1 Skyla BKT 148

* 2 Field Blower GRI 125

* 3 Guzma BUS 115

* 2 Max Elixir BKP 102

* 4 N NVI 92

* 4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

* 2 Float Stone PLF 99

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135

* 4 Rare Candy PLB 85

##Energy - 8

* 8 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Analysis

Welcome to the rebirth of Grass decks. Now witness the power of Venusaur as it turns your Grass Energy into Double Grass Energy. With only 3 Energies on it, Gaia Blaster hits for 170 damage with Venusaur in play. An FFB takes the damage to the critical 180 mark, and a fourth takes it to 220!

So how to setup? Well, you can use Alolan Vulpix and Lele into Brigette naturally. But there is a hidden star in this deck. Shaymin non-EX! For 1 Energy you can get a fresh hand of 6 cards to start your next turn, and with Venusaur, you can even use Rally Back for 1 Energy, hitting for up to 120 damage! Max Elixir helps get your Energy in play, and you can use Genesect's Ability to move the Energy straight to you Active when you do. Deck space sure is tight in this deck, but I found room for Energy Recycler and Rescue Stretcher to keep the cards coming.

This deck isn't all about offense either. With an FFB and APCA, Genesect can take a 190 damage attack-enough to 1HKO most Basic E/GXs-and remain standing. Even Shaymin can take a 130 damage hit with these two cards together. With Field Blower everywhere though, you may not want to rely too heavily on this, as one drop reduces Genesect back to its fairly bulky but average 130 HP.

The support in this deck is minimal, but even one Marshdow GX is no pushover. Able to use Genesect's attack and have 190 HP even without APCA to help it, Marshadow can provide a powerful alternative to using Lele as an emergency attacker, though Lele also benefits nicely from Venusaur, getting up to 80 minimum damage.

Weaknesses: Fire decks torching the whole strategy, Trash if you're not careful, Gard can really hurt you easily (1 Energy Infinite Force is enough to 1HKO even the most buffed Genesect) and decks that play 4 Field Blower for no reason.

Overall: Some bad matchups, but that much sheer firepower on a non-EX can't be ignored.

Like it? Got a suggestion? Your thoughts below!

Edited by theotherguytm
SuperLuigi231

I speak only on behalf of the Broken One, the only true meta of the eternal format.

Shining Legends is here, but it is a small set. So my "Best Bits" highlights is going to be quite smaller than normal.

There's still several cards to watch though...

Venusaur

About time they made a non-EX Venusaur. Has a nice Ability, particularly with the current format...

Shaymin

Because we needed a replacement for Shaymin EX. We haven't got it, but the first attack looks usable, the second destructive.

Shining Genesect

Flareon EX and Trevenant EX have joined forces! And with some support from Venusaur and Max Elixir with APCA and FFB for bulkiness... uhoh.

Entei GX

Yawn.

Reshiram

Old-school Outrage is back, with an upgraded backup attack that Guzma loves.

Incineroar

Very Bulky. Not much else to say.

Croconaw

Plunge! It's back, and it doesn't need a coin flip! Problem: the evolution sucks.

Shining Volcanion

Lots of Water types in this set. This is the only meta-worthy one as a light counter to NM. Which says something.

Raichu GX

How fast can you say: Dynamotor, Buzzap Thunder, Tapu Koko? Very much a massive meta threat.

Raikou

OBY for Lightning types. Just remember every one of these is one less BrTh one...

Plusle

60 for 1 on a Basic. Not really sure how that can't be meta in some way. Yet it won't be.

Zekrom

So wait, have Reshiram and Zekrom swapped attacks? No? Well this is more terrifying than its counterpart due to APCA.

Mewtwo GX

​The Broken One "requests" this card be redesigned. NOW.

Shining Mew

This is so cute... and it has 30 HP too... ultra cute... and a really good first attack that I see being copied by regular Mew/Mew EX/Marshadow GX.

Shining Jirachi

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! EVIL!!! DIE TREV DIE!... sorry, was that too much? Anyway, try it.

Marshadow

Just as I was thinking there was going to be no good hand disruption next year... Marshadow now has 2 really good cards.

Spiritomb

Snorlax Plasma, minus more than half the HP. And Guzma exists.

Zororark GX

​Say hello to the Card of the Set. Dark Explorers compressed into one card. Draw and hard hits. An OK GX attack. Alolan Sandslash can say bye-bye to its meta hopes for next year, and Mallow just got majorly buffed.

Hoopa

Because Dark decks clearly aren't overpowered enough... Who's idea is this?

Shining Rayquaza

Looks really bad... until you realise it's just Dragons Exalted Ray EX with 10 more damage and the useless bits cut.

Shining Arceus

I'm sure this has a use. Somewhere. But until then, the most powerful Pokémon in existence is reduced to trash.

Damage Mover

It's like Potion, but it doesn't actually heal, it just moves the damage to one place. Which surprisingly actually makes it playable.

Pokémon Breeder

Why does this exist? Please, no-one play this. PLEASE!

Warp Energy

"I know, this was useless before, so let's reprint it!" Reasons not run it start with Switch and go up to Guzma, with many more in between.

Agree? Disagree? Your thoughts below!

Mewtwo isn’t that bad... is it?
  • 2 weeks later...
theotherguytm

Mewtwo isn’t that bad... is it?

120 for 4? 150 for 5?!

Yep. The Broken One disowns it, aside from the amazing art on the Secret Secret Rare (not a typo, it's double secret!)

And now, Pikachu becomes everyone's favourite again. See disclaimer before commenting.

##Pokémon - 39

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113

* 1 Rayquaza GRI 106 (energy acceleration, good for Standard)

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28 (Annoying, and easy to slot in)

* 2 Magnemite BKT 51

* 2 Magneton BKT 53

* 1 Magnezone PLS 46 (2 Supporters a turn. No More Needs Saying.)

* 1 Magnezone BKT 54 (Ever wished to have a deck where Blastiose powers Darkrai? Here!)

* 1 Manectric-EX PHF 23

* 1 M Manectric-EX PHF 24 (nice 1-2 from 2 big 210 HP attackers)

* 1 Raichu BREAK BKT 50 (FUUUNNN!!! 170 game-end.)

* 3 Pikachu XY 42

* 1 Raichu XY 43 (Run Sky Field for the Benchspace, gain access to a neat backup attacker that doesn't need much more support)

* 1 Raichu BUS 41 (Surprise!)

* 1 Raichu-GX SLG 29 (The Main Hitter. First attack obviously OP, second situational but effective, GX attack mediocre)

* 1 Raikou BKT 55 (Set this up in the background while boosting Rai's power!)

* 1 Raikou SLG 32 (OBY for Lightning types, like I said)

* 1 Raikou-EX DEX 38 (SNIPE!)

* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30 (It fits. So there's no reason not to, especially in Standard)

* 1 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 47 (Helps keep Energy in play, better GX attacker)

* 3 Tynamo NVI 38

* 3 Eelektrik NVI 40 (Inevitably, this is the meta call)

* 1 Eelektross PLB 33 (For heavy support)

* 1 Eelektross PRC 65 (For synergy)

* 2 Voltorb EVO 39

* 1 Electrode EVO 40 (For jumpstarts! Throw in Counter Catcher and Counter Energy...)

* 1 Electrode SLG 31 (60 for 1. There has to be a use for that.)

* 1 Zekrom SLG 35 (Boom.)

* 1 Zekrom-EX NXD 51 (BOOM! So that's also where that second attack came from...)

* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 12

* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128 (for a quite damage bump)

* 2 Max Elixir BKP 102 (Like Turbo Dark would. Minus OP Dark Patch.)

* 2 Choice Band GRI 121 (Because we all need a little help some times)

* 1 Clemont GEN 59 (Magnezone/Ultra Ball ****** fetcher. Fisherman might work better...)

* 1 Wishful Baton BUS 128 (keep it ALL in play)

* 1 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116 (Why not? Just remember Rai doesn't benefit from it)

* 1 Exp. Share SUM 118 (JUST KEEP IT IN PLAY! DO ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO!)

* 1 Rough Seas PRC 137 (APCA or this...)

* 1 Manectric Spirit Link PHF 100

* 1 Rare Candy DEX 100

##Energy - 9

* 9 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

Analysis

DISCLAIMER:

This is not a serious deck. This deck was built to show the amount of fun you can have building decks around Raichu GX. DO NOT TRY THIS BUILD. Try Raichu by all means.

Soo.. what is it like? "Darkrai EX!" What is it? "Not Darkrai EX!"

I guess that's all I really wanted.

To see my thoughts on each card, look at the decklist.

Your thoughts below!

SuperLuigi231

What do you think of that new Solgaleo GX coming out? (And also the Lunala, but apparently nobody cares about it...)

Solgaleo-GX – Metal – HP250
Stage 2 – Evolves from Cosmoem

Ability: Shining Mane
Each of your Pokemon has no Weakness.

[C][C] Turbo Strike: 120 damage. Attach 2 basic Energy from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[C][C] Prominence-GX: Heal all damage from each of your Pokemon. (You can only use 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

Lunala-GX – Psychic – HP230

[C][C] Glide: 50 damage.

[P][P][C][C] Luna Javelin: 200 damage. Discard 2 [P] Energy from this Pokemon.

[P][P][P][C] Requiem-GX: 250 damage. (You can only use 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 0

theotherguytm

What do you think of that new Solgaleo GX coming out? (And also the Lunala, but apparently nobody cares about it...)

Solgaleo-GX – Metal – HP250

Ability: Shining Mane

Each of your Pokemon has no Weakness.

[C][C] Turbo Strike: 120 damage. Attach 2 basic Energy from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[C][C] Prominence-GX: Heal all damage from each of your Pokemon. (You can only use 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: Fire (x2)

Resistance: Psychic (-20)

Retreat: 2

Lunala-GX – Psychic – HP230

[C][C] Glide: 50 damage.

[P][P][C][C] Luna Javelin: 200 damage. Discard 2 [P] Energy from this Pokemon.

[P][P][P][C] Requiem-GX: 250 damage. (You can only use 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: Darkness (x2)

Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Retreat: 0

For Solgeleo, ahoodedman, did a really good cover of it here:

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/54664-two-solgaleo-gx-cards-in-one-format-this-is-to-much-card-leak-review-and-rating/

Optimistically, I think the Lunala GX looks OK with free retreat, but really, it's going to take too much to set up, even with the other Lunala(s) (GX for Transfer, and non-GX for speed attacks and Wings of the Moone).

As my thoughts on for Solgeleo... metal is meta.

theotherguytm

Hi everyone!

Just going to drop a few of my own little sneek peeks from my Pre-release cards for those who don't yet know what's in Crimson Invasion (Ultra Beasts and Silvally aside), so if you'd rather be surprised when the set comes out, don't open the next spoiler!

First, as the proud owner of a Kartana GX, I can say the Ultra Beasts are as good (or bad) as they look. All their GX attacks interact with the Prizes in some way, and with the new Gladion Supporter (which is AMAZING, and you all should play 1) the Prizes may not be so isolated from now on.

Lusamine for Lusamine for Parallel City?! Then, N gate-crashes the party.

The new "Counter" cards seem useful, especially Counter Energy.

Regigigas has gone and done it again... another "can't attack" mechanic. Don't worry @SuperStone, I have big plans for this mighty beast...

OK, the HP on some of these non-GX Stage 2s are getting a little silly...

Kommo-o looks worthy to take on Lunala in the Theme deck arena...

The best Magikarp ever??

Gengar's back to his tricks around Halloween... the interaction between it and Miltank/Healing Scarf(AnOr) is questionable though...

Registeel... seriously enough with the Metal support buffs. Oh yeah, Solgeleo. A bit over the top ********.

Chimecho looks like great stalling/trolling material.

Peeking Red Card... the name says it all.

On another note, I've decided that November is Open Month here! That means that I'm looking for cards to base (slightly weird at times) decks around, so suggest Pokémon for a deck core/main attacker/support, and I'll see what I can do with it! Note that since I'm on the forums irregularly, I may not see your suggestion for a few days, but once I've seen it, straight to deck building!

Next time: RUNNNNN! THE ULTRA BEASTS ARE ATTACKING! FLEEE!!

theotherguytm

They. Are. Here.

My "Best Bits" (and some not-so-best bits) for Crimson Invasion:

Kakuna

Frogadier minus Greninja. With Evo Beedrill though...

Cacturne

With the amount of damage-pacing/moving Abilities around, setting up its first attack should be no issue.

Alolan Marowak

As if Fire types needed more Energy acceleration...

Starmie

There has to be some use for this. Right?

Magikarp

Best. Magikarp. Ever. An attack that evolves itself (for 1 water 2 any) and a protective Ability (that only works while Benched). I'm tempted to call this card of the set.

Gyarados GX

Like I've said elsewhere, Primal Groudon minus everything good about Primal Groudon.

Mamoswine

Ok, those HP values are getting a touch silly now.

Crawdaunt

​Energy-hate FTW. Setting it up should be interesting...

Milotic

Because Tapu Fini just doesn't cut it sometimes.

Regice

In any other meta that Ability would be useless. As it is, it looks situationally neat.

Alolan Golem GX

If you can set it up...

Gengar

Good to see Gengar getting back to what Gengar does best: winning and annoying simultaneously.

Mismagius

Save us. Please. Not more troll material...

Chimecho

Yep, more troll material. But it could be fun to play against some decks...

Gourgeist

Considering you need a CB on it and 4 Tools discarded to hit the right numbers and Trash exists... avoid.

Salazzle

Perhaps. Maybe.

Nihilego GX

Doesn't look offensively reliable, but the Ability and GX attack both are eye-catching.

Regirock

Play it for Regice, no other reason. Dhelmise exists people!

Bewear

4 sets in a row, plus a promo GX. Is that a record?

Buzzwole GX

​Now this is FIREPOWER. A cross between Landorus EX and Lapras GX with a beefy GX attack to boot. Just play it.

Hydreigon

Unique... could be used for Shaymin/Jirachi/Lele dumping, could just sit unused. Then there's the BREAK... if only.

Guzzlord GX

So hardcore it eats its own deck for starters. Then it turns to the main course-YOU. Finally, it has the Prizes for desserts and that's game over, man. Dark type alternative acceleration target/one card deck.

Registeel

Don't bother with setting up the second attack. The first one-useful.

Escavalier

Looks bad at first glance. But, as I know from the pre-releases, a 130 damage attack for a Counter Energy and 1 any is useful. Plus there's the quick evolution with Karrablast.

Kartana GX

A self-recycling Enhanced Hammer that's effective against Garde. With a neat GX attack.

Alolan Exeggutor GX

On the bright side, this is the first Dragon not to need two Energy types. On the other hand, it sucks.

Kommo-o

This is a Theme deck star? That first attack looks ******. Hidden Moon has a real fight on its hand.

Altaria

Wow. There has to be something worth playing with this. Fliptini for consistency and then...

Regigigas

How to have a OP-seeming useless card 101. Don't worry, I have plans for this...

Silvally GX

Great Ability, OK attack, and an awesomely-named GX attack that's actually a copy-paste from Lycanrock Midnight.

Counter Catcher

Neat. Don't rush to dump Guzma, but it should slot into a few decks.

Dashing Pouch

Float Stone has ***********...

Gladion

AMAZING card. And it's self-recycling to boot, so 1 copy is all you need. Take that Trash.

Lusamine

On one side, a VS Seeker replacement for infinite Supporters and Stadiums. On the other side, N.

Peeking Red Card

Nice. Having the option not to shuffle is in many ways what makes this so good. So, Red Card, Delinquent, Peeking!

Sea of Nothingness

Great for all decks that run Special Conditions. Oh wait, Virbank.

Counter Energy

Talk about saving the best for last. The card of the set can power up your Pokémon faster than you thought possible. A Double Rainbow Energy, regardless of the downside is just amazing. Cue an infinite list of combos.

Your thoughts below! Remember that I'm currently open to your suggestions as to what to build around, so pick a card, any card.

• Upvote 1
SuperStone

First reaction: this set's got regigigas!:)

Second reaction: this set ******** regigigas! :)

Again! :)

Do you get the feeling someone in Tokyo just reeeeeally doesn't like the colossal pokemon?

• Upvote 1
Untilitbreaks

They. Are. Here.

My "Best Bits" (and some not-so-best bits) for Crimson Invasion:

Kakuna

Frogadier minus Greninja. With Evo Beedrill though...

Cacturne

With the amount of damage-pacing/moving Abilities around, setting up its first attack should be no issue.

Alolan Marowak

As if Fire types needed more Energy acceleration...

Starmie

There has to be some use for this. Right?

Magikarp

Best. Magikarp. Ever. An attack that evolves itself (for 1 water 2 any) and a protective Ability (that only works while Benched). I'm tempted to call this card of the set.

Gyarados GX

Like I've said elsewhere, Primal Groudon minus everything good about Primal Groudon.

Mamoswine

Ok, those HP values are getting a touch silly now.

Crawdaunt

​Energy-hate FTW. Setting it up should be interesting...

Milotic

Because Tapu Fini just doesn't cut it sometimes.

Regice

In any other meta that Ability would be useless. As it is, it looks situationally neat.

Alolan Golem GX

If you can set it up...

Gengar

Good to see Gengar getting back to what Gengar does best: winning and annoying simultaneously.

Mismagius

Save us. Please. Not more troll material...

Chimecho

Yep, more troll material. But it could be fun to play against some decks...

Gourgeist

Considering you need a CB on it and 4 Tools discarded to hit the right numbers and Trash exists... avoid.

Salazzle

Perhaps. Maybe.

Nihilego GX

Doesn't look offensively reliable, but the Ability and GX attack both are eye-catching.

Regirock

Play it for Regice, no other reason. Dhelmise exists people!

Bewear

4 sets in a row, plus a promo GX. Is that a record?

Buzzwole GX

​Now this is FIREPOWER. A cross between Landorus EX and Lapras GX with a beefy GX attack to boot. Just play it.

Hydreigon

Unique... could be used for Shaymin/Jirachi/Lele dumping, could just sit unused. Then there's the BREAK... if only.

Guzzlord GX

So hardcore it eats its own deck for starters. Then it turns to the main course-YOU. Finally, it has the Prizes for desserts and that's game over, man. Dark type alternative acceleration target/one card deck.

Registeel

Don't bother with setting up the second attack. The first one-useful.

Escavalier

Looks bad at first glance. But, as I know from the pre-releases, a 130 damage attack for a Counter Energy and 1 any is useful. Plus there's the quick evolution with Karrablast.

Kartana GX

A self-recycling Enhanced Hammer that's effective against Garde. With a neat GX attack.

Alolan Exeggutor GX

On the bright side, this is the first Dragon not to need two Energy types. On the other hand, it sucks.

Kommo-o

This is a Theme deck star? That first attack looks ******. Hidden Moon has a real fight on its hand.

Altaria

Wow. There has to be something worth playing with this. Fliptini for consistency and then...

Regigigas

How to have a OP-seeming useless card 101. Don't worry, I have plans for this...

Silvally GX

Great Ability, OK attack, and an awesomely-named GX attack that's actually a copy-paste from Lycanrock Midnight.

Counter Catcher

Neat. Don't rush to dump Guzma, but it should slot into a few decks.

Dashing Pouch

Float Stone has ***********...

Gladion

AMAZING card. And it's self-recycling to boot, so 1 copy is all you need. Take that Trash.

Lusamine

On one side, a VS Seeker replacement for infinite Supporters and Stadiums. On the other side, N.

Peeking Red Card

Nice. Having the option not to shuffle is in many ways what makes this so good. So, Red Card, Delinquent, Peeking!

Sea of Nothingness

Great for all decks that run Special Conditions. Oh wait, Virbank.

Counter Energy

Talk about saving the best for last. The card of the set can power up your Pokémon faster than you thought possible. A Double Rainbow Energy, regardless of the downside is just amazing. Cue an infinite list of combos.

Your thoughts below! Remember that I'm currently open to your suggestions as to what to build around, so pick a card, any card.

How about Altaria + Fliptini + stage 2 dragon (Haxorus-->Dragon dance or Dragonite-->Giant tail or Goodra-->Beat slider....)?

theotherguytm

How about Altaria + Fliptini + stage 2 dragon (Haxorus-->Dragon dance or Dragonite-->Giant tail or Goodra-->Beat slider....)?

My thoughts exactly...

Make a deck around the new Mismagius?

Ok, I should be able to make something, I'm just out of time for today.

First reaction: this set's got regigigas! :)

Second reaction: this set ******** regigigas! :)

Again! :)

Do you get the feeling someone in Tokyo just reeeeeally doesn't like the colossal pokemon?

Don't worry my friend, I've got just the deck, or rather decks, to show off the might of the Pokémon that towed continents.

First, for Standard:

##Pokémon - 15

* 4 Regigigas CIN 84

* 1 Regirock CIN 53

* 1 Registeel CIN 68

* 1 Shining Mew SLG 40

* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

* 2 Trubbish BKP 56

* 1 Garbodor GRI 51

* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

* 1 Regice CIN 28

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Gladion CIN 95

* 2 Lusamine CIN 96

* 2 Kiawe BUS 116

* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122

* 2 N PR-BLW BW100

* 2 Guzma BUS 115

* 2 Wishful Baton BUS 128

* 2 Choice Band GRI 121

* 4 Float Stone PLF 99

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135

* 1 Field Blower GRI 125

* 1 Acerola BUS 112

* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128

* 1 Brooklet Hill GRI 120

##Energy - 14

* 2 Counter Energy CIN 100

* 6 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114

* 2 Rainbow Energy SUM 137

Total Cards - 60

Analysis

Well, here's one way around Regigigas's Ability: disable it altogether! Garbotoxin allows the mighty Pokémon to unleash its true power. With Kiawe to power up, Wishful Baton and Shining Mew (who can fetch DOC!) to keep the Energy coming, and the Regis for a Plan B thanks to Counter Energy! I've also thrown in Trash because it's nice to have the option. Rainbow and Counter Energy are brilliant!!

Two other new cards from the set that are being played: Lusamine and Gladion. Both are perfect at conserving resources, as one is self-recycling, and the other gives infinite Supporters and Stadiums! They are a little slow however. The only other card I feel I need to explain is Brooklet Hill. I included it as it can fetch two of the Regis, and Regigigas will discard it, preventing your opponent using it. Plus there's Lusamine to recycle it...

Now on to Expanded. Can I go better?

##Pokémon - 14

* 2 Regigigas CIN 84

* 3 Marshadow-GX BUS 80

* 1 Jirachi PR-XY ****

************ CIN 43

* 2 Mew-EX DRX 46

* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 63

* 1 Shining Jirachi SLG 42

* 1 Shining Mew SLG 40

* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 1 Gladion CIN 95

* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

* 3 Professor Sycamore XY 122

* 2 N PR-BLW BW100

* 2 Guzma BUS 115

* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

* 2 Dimension Valley PHF 93

* 1 Korrina FFI 95

* 2 Float Stone PLF 99

* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135

* 1 Field Blower GRI 125

* 2 Focus Sash FFI 91

* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137

##Energy - 9

* 5 Psychic Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

Analysis

Naturally, I could have gone with a similar build, with Silent Lab and Hex Maniac for backup.

But where's the fun in that?

Instead, another way to bypass Regigigas's Ability: copy the attack! Regigigas can sit in the discard pile or on the Bench while Marshadow and Mew wreak havoc. In this build, I went with a few cards to show off bulkiness rather than firepower, so Focus Sash and FFB can make KOs that bit harder. I also threw in a bunch of other Pokémon for Marshadow and Mew to copy:

Jirachi Stardust (always useful)

Shining Mew (again!)

Shining Jirachi (beautiful. Just beautiful justice for those who hate Trev.)

Chimecho (surprisingly annoying against the right deck)

Necrozma GX (who doesn't like that GX attack?)

Your thoughts below!

• Upvote 1
Untilitbreaks

I build another Regigigas deck. Tested it but it wasn't very successful. 12 matches only 5 wins. 

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Rayquaza GRI 106
* 2 Regigigas CIN 84
* 2 Stufful BUS 110
* 2 Bewear GRI 113
* 2 Alolan Grimer SUM 57
* 2 Alolan Muk SUM 58

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Rotom Dex—Poké Finder Mode BUS 122
* 1 Po Town BUS 121
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Random Receiver FCO 109
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Kiawe BUS 116
* 2 Scorched Earth FCO 110
* 3 N FCO 105
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 14

* 10 Fire Energy  2

Total Cards - 60

Last 5 matches scored 4 wins and 1 loss.

Idea was to shut down Leles,Orangurus and Regigigas. Bewear is here to swap Oranguru because its ability is not blocked since AM blocks basics only. Supplying with energy was very good. Using Kiawe during first 2-3 turns and Rayquazas DCE attack (when 90% of energies end up in discard pile) will never let you out of energies.

theotherguytm

I build another Regigigas deck. Tested it but it wasn't very successful. 12 matches only 5 wins. 

Last 5 matches scored 4 wins and 1 loss.

Idea was to shut down Leles,Orangurus and Regigigas. Bewear is here to swap Oranguru because its ability is not blocked since AM blocks basics only. Supplying with energy was very good. Using Kiawe during first 2-3 turns and Rayquazas DCE attack (when 90% of energies end up in discard pile) will never let you out of energies.

A few thoughts to help the deck:

Even with A. Muk, 1-2 Leles to help you find Kiawe T1 is important.

Octillery outclasses Bewear in every way.

To maximise the power of an unreliable deck, it's doubly important to play 4 on the staples (Sycamore, N, Ultra Ball).

Why only 2 Regis? If it's your attacker you need 3-4.

Rotom Dex BurSha?! Why?

Scorched Earth or Po Town, not both, will maximise consistency.

Nest Ball and Random Receiver are just Trash fuel.

Best of luck! I like the A. Muk idea, seems to fit Regigigas better.