Growth Clash and Chikorita. Why the hate?

signofzeta

I see in discussion boards of people's starters from heartgold and soulsilver, much less gold and silver being mostly cyndaquil and totodile, but chikorita is hated. I go to the stores, and see the decks with Typhlosion and Feraligatr on the cover being sold out more than the ones with Megainum on the cover. So in support of my recently retired Growth Clash deck, why do people hate that deck, and why do people not start with chikorita?

Last time I checked, I kicked Falkner's and Bugsy's keester, not with chikorita, but I still kicked their keester. It doesn't really matter, just that picking a weak starter for the first 2 gyms makes no difference, and that was before I caught Magmar. All I had was Gastly, and Hoothoot, as well as Chikorita.

So who here is a Chikorita lover, and who here owns the Growth Clash deck without owning the Ember Spark and Mind Flood decks?

So do I hate my Growth Clash deck because I retired it? No. All my decks retire when the set one year later is released. So my Recon deck replaced my Growth Clash Deck. I do only have 14 sets of sleeves, 2 being yugioh sized, and 8 reserved for magic. The remaining 4 is used on my pokemon cards, one for each season of the winter, spring, summer, and fall set. So if a new summer set comes out, I will reture nightfall.

I see in discussion boards of people's starters from heartgold and soulsilver, much less gold and silver being mostly cyndaquil and totodile, ************* is *****. I go to the stores, and see the decks with Typhlosion and Feraligatr on the cover being sold out more than the ones with Megainum on the cover. So in support of my recently retired Growth Clash deck, why do people **** that deck, and why do people not start with chikorita?

Last time I checked, I kicked Falkner's and Bugsy's keester, not with chikorita, but I still kicked their keester. It doesn't really matter, just that picking a weak starter for the first 2 gyms makes no difference, and that was before I caught Magmar. All I had was Gastly, and Hoothoot, as well as Chikorita.

So who here is a Chikorita lover, and who here owns the Growth Clash deck without owning the Ember Spark and Mind Flood decks?

So do I **** my Growth Clash deck because I retired it? No. All my decks retire when the set one year later is released. So my Recon deck replaced my Growth Clash Deck. I do only have 14 sets of sleeves, 2 being yugioh sized, and 8 reserved for magic. The remaining 4 is used on my pokemon cards, one for each season of the winter, spring, summer, and fall set. So if a new summer set comes out, I will reture nightfall.

I... Don't really understand what you're asking. The overzealous forum censor really went to town on you.

I started with Chikorita in Silver, but I can tell you why people picked the other two more. Appearance. Chikorita is... Rather girly in appearance. Most players are boys, or males. They're going to pick the massive eat-your-face crocodile or the fire-porcupine that turns into a flame-wreathed fuzzy engine of destruction because that's what boys think is cool.

Meganium's a vaguely sauropod dinosaurish thing with lime green skin, nothing particularly awesome or cool or bad^^^ about it. Appearancewise among starters, Chikorita and its evolutionary line are considered the weakest link - there was just nothing eyecatching or attention-grabbing about them unless you're into cute and adorable. And most boys aren't.

when i played pokemon diamond, i started with turtwig, i couldnt win my first battle, so i restarted and used chimchar, i beat him with ease, after that i just assumed that all grass type starters are in one way or another weak

when i played pokemon diamond, i started with turtwig, i couldnt win my first battle, so i restarted and used chimchar, i beat him with ease, after that i just assumed that all grass type starters are in one way or another weak

It depends on the generation. In gen 1, picking Bulbasaur made the game easy, because Brock and Misty both lost to grass. In gen 2, the first two gyms were flying and bug - both super effective against Grass, so picking Chikorita could make the first part of the game very difficult. (I still remember watching Bugsy Fury Cut his way through my whole team.) In later generations it was pretty balanced so picking one starter didn't usually get you a much easier or harder game.

It depends on the generation. In gen 1, picking Bulbasaur made the game easy, because Brock and Misty both lost to grass. In gen 2, the first two gyms were flying and bug - both super effective against Grass, so picking Chikorita could make the first part of the game very difficult. (I still remember watching Bugsy Fury Cut his way through my whole team.) In later generations it was pretty balanced so picking one starter didn't usually get you a much easier or harder game.

i lost to my rival AND the first other traine4r u meat, plus meganium and serpiriorjust look rubbish... THOUGH SCEPTILE IS JUST SO COOL

why does every1 pick grass type pokemon??? I always pick Fire. In the pokemon games i playyed my starter pokemon were. CHARMANDER, CYNDAQUIL, Chimcar, Torchic, and this year I chose Pignite.

Fav. Fire= Chiarzard

Fav. Water= Samourot

Fav. Grass= Venausaur

Fav. Eletictic= Pikachu

TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE TYPES OF POKEMON

I go on a rotation, and the first game I got was Pokemon pearl, because I am not one to get my parents to buy me games, and besides my old gameboy got trashed, but that is not the point... And as a fact, even if I am a dude, I play as a girl in the games, because I have the belief that characters should be addressed in third person, not first person, even in first person shooters. I originally started to pick my starter based on what the female character in the anime picked, that is in emulated Sapphire, I picked torchic, and in Leaf Green, I picked bulbasaur, because the girl in that game is Leaf, and well Bulbasaur is um leafy, then in Pearl I picked Piplup, because that's Dawn's starter, then in Soul Silver, I picked Chikorita, because Lyra had a Chikorita. Then the Girl from Black and White never showed up in the anime, so I'm like, oh what the heck, I will just start the cycle now. So if they make a remake of Ruby and Sapphire, then I will pick them Mudkipz. If I picked my Pearl, Soul Silver, and White pokemon based on final evolution looks, it would be Chimchar, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott. Oddly enough, I picked the one that I thought was the most ugly looking. So I guess I am a dude who picks the underdog pokemon, and the underdog gender haha. Oh I sometimes pick the starter that is weak against the starter that my brother picked, that is if he feels like playing. So far, he picked Turtwig for Platinum, Cyndaquil for Heartgold, and he wants Oshawott, because he hasn't played a water starter yet. This is my picks.

Pearl Piplup

Soul Silver Chikorita

White Tepig

Next one will be water starter

The one after that will be grass starter.

And for all you folks, sauropods beat badgers and alligators. Do you know how much bigger sauropods are?

So on to the other part of the question, why is Growth Clash theme deck so unpopular compared to the other two? And I mean to those who prefer only one of the 3 decks. Does the deck actually suck compared to Ember Spark and Mind Flood? I know, it's caterpie isn't it. The art looks ugly.

Oh and let me test something with the censors. ****. Screw.

Seriously, what's that thing where it looks like a nail, but has some spiraly thing down its shaft, and you need to twist it down the hole? Oh and what is that metal donut looking thing where you try to thread that to the aforementioned nail with a spiraly thing?

Ok, so they didn't censor screw, and in wanting to screw someone, but c'mon, if the censors keep up, you can't even put any piece of hardware on these forums, like I don't know nails and screws.

They already censored ****, which is a metal object that you use a wrench to fasten it on to a bolt or screw, or **** as in that snack food where almonds, peanuts, walnuts, and filberts are part of them.

Oh let me test another censor. Balls, as in Poke balls.

Ok so you censor **** but you won't censor balls? Hypocrites. Either you censor both or censor neither. Oh and one more thing. Can we freaking get the forum posts to have spaces? I purposely put paragraph spaces to divide my text so it does not look like a GIANT WALL OF TEXT. Well I could send a support ticket, but I thought you already knew that Giant wallsof text are unreadable. Even if it were, it be wasting the reader's time.

So, I know you're not specifically trying to bypass our filter for evil, but that does not justify your calling us us hypocrites or getting hastily upset. Please know that the filter is "over zealous" indeed. I cannot explain to you the innerworkings of the filter, but know that we are aware that it is not yet perfect adn are working on it.

If you would like to assist in making the filter a stronger or smarter function of these forums, please submit a ticket to the e-mail found in my signature with any details of censored words so that we can review the legitimacy of the proposed words. Also, it's important to understand that the filter cannot censor by context which is why some words, that are typically used in a non-offensive way, are unfiltered. That's where moderators come in to decide whether any abuse is occuring.

Concerning spacing and walls of text; believe me, I share your concern. teeth_smile.png" alt="

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand, but playing a poor one well."

Always feel free to submit a ticket to The Pokémon Support Team at support.pokemon.com with any bug reports, concerns or issues. Remember, you MUST be signed into your Pokémon Trainer Club Account to receive a response.

Archived