Mill deck?

Ice_Tamer

With the release of Fates Collide we get access to team rockets handiwork and a new weezing that help(?) with the deck type. But I'm wondering if anyone has a decent mill deck that actually flows nice in standard/ expanded.

I've been testing out Durant/Bunnelby/Mew. 

As always, Mew makes everything better. I'm running 4 Dimension Valley, 4 Mew, 3 Durant, 3 Bunnelby / 1 Jirachi Promo.

Mew makes a HUGE difference because now you can Scrape Down for 1 energy instead of having to get 2 attachments, and you can use Bunnelby's attack for free!

I've got a Bunnelby Houndoom-EX that focuses on disruption to keep them from attacking too much. Moderately successful and really fun to play in versus the last day of a ladder. Since adding handiwork, I can't tell if it's better or worse. Flip supporters are a bit costly. Trick shovels seem to be the little bump I needed to get it going. I'm going to give Durant and rainbow energy a go soon as well.

So Weezing is a no go? What about team rockets handiwork?

I put in 1 Team Rocket in place of a Delinquent. I used to run 2 Delinquent but now only 1 because I actually want to keep Dim Valley around. Typically I need to use a different supporter than Team Rocket, but I've played it a couple of times when I didn't have anything else to play.

I'm not using any Trick Shovels, in part because I'm not playing Puzzle of Time.

I haven't tried Weezing yet. Actually it could work good because it has synergy with Dimension Valley, but it is a Stage 1. It seems to me that being a stage 1 is a pretty big disadvantage for a Mill deck these days.

The way my deck is, I try to just get down as many pokemon as fast as possible and attack each turn to discard cards, and typically I'm getting KOed every single turn. You pretty much need to get a KO every turn again my deck not to get milled out. I even beat a Fire deck one. I knew I had no hope of trying to stall him on energy so I just attacked every turn and ended up just barely milling him out by the time he got the 5th prize.

1 more turn and he would have won. So I just don't see that there is time to evolve a stage 1.

That's what's so good about Mew/Durant/Bunnelby. As long as you can at least get Bunnelby on the bench you can attack with Mew for 0 energy, so it's a pretty solid guarantee that you'll be able to discard cards every turn.

But really, in a mill deck, especially as fast as things are these days, if you miss any turn and don't discard cards, chances are that you are going to lose. You need to #1 keep pokmeon the bench, cause chances are you will get KOed every turn, and #2 be sure you can discard at least 2 cards per turn, if not more.

And not only is *************** 1, but he's also weak to Psychic, and these days everyone is running Psychic pokemon, so he'll get KOed really fast anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Durant can be pretty competitive in expanded, and even more so in legacy.  This is a deck that likes both fast formats and slow ones.  In expanded, your opponent helps you by playing Junipers, Shaymins, bicycles, etc.  In legacy, your durant are more likely to survive the first turn.  Here is my expanded list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 6

1 Lugia-EX AOR 68
4 Durant NVI 83
1 Kyurem-EX PLB 30

Trainer Cards - 45

3 Trick Shovel FLF 98
1 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
2 Ace Trainer AOR 69
2 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
2 Professor's Letter XY 123
1 Ultra Ball DEX 102
2 Super Rod BKT 149
2 Brigette BKT 134
2 Rescue Scarf DRX 115
3 Revive ROS 88
2 Pokémon Catcher EPO 95
2 Hard Charm XY 119
2 Escape Rope PRC 127
2 Town Map BKT 150
3 Teammates PRC 141
1 Silent Lab PRC 140
3 Professor Juniper DEX 98
1 N NVI 92
1 Faded Town AOR 73
1 Steel Shelter PHF 105
2 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
1 Random Receiver DEX 99
3 VS Seeker PHF 109
1 Level Ball NXD 89

Energy - 9

5 Metal Energy Energy 8
2 Shield Energy PRC 143
2 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

weezing isn't as good as you think. its cause it depends on coin flips. if you dont get 2 heads or 1 u dont discard. so its not really dependable as others that mill

Archived