First dual type Pokemon in forever.

seminc

I was actually expecting this tbh.

Volcanion-EX – Fire / Water – HP180
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Steam Up
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard 1 Fire Energy card from your hand. If you do, during this turn, the attacks of your Basic Fire Pokemon do 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[R}[R][C] Volcanic Heat: 130 damage. During your next turn, this Pokemon can’t attack.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Any thoughts? It is speculated that shiny M Gardevoir-EX will be dual Psychic/Fairy type.

sounds awesome in my opinion, although i am asking myself how it will work if lets say a pokemon is resistent to fire but weak for water... or the other way around?

Volcanion EX is one card that will rise by time . Good for increasing damage output works well with Exegg + Superior energy retrieval +120 damage per turn with having 4 volcanions in play.

sounds awesome in my opinion, although i am asking myself how it will work if lets say a pokemon is resistent to fire but weak for water... or the other way around?

What i think it will work like in the video game, if volcenion vs something weak to fire like aegislash, its x2 if it ***** something weak to water, its x 2, if there is something weak to water but resistant to fire its x2 - 20 I think( dont quote me on the last part)

Weakness to water when its ability is Water Absorb. Whoever creates this cards should get fired for not caring for the actual video game. But it's a nice new mechanic, being dual type, hits for weakness on more pokemons.

Are we forgetting about Golurk? His ability allows him to be fighting and psychic.

It's an ability, not the actual typing, so Golurk does not count I guess? Also, there are the LEGEND cards, but Seminc did say in a while, right?  :)

On a side note, Volcanion has some good synergy with Blacksmith.

Weakness to water when its ability is Water Absorb. Whoever creates this cards should get fired for not caring for the actual video game. But it's a nice new mechanic, being dual type, hits for weakness on more pokemons.

Considering Psychic-types are weak to Psychic since gen 1 sets, I don't think we can expect the TCG to ever follow the videogames closely  :P They should have given it a lightning or fighting weakness, though.

Anyway, this card looks awesome, the damage output can be insane.

I was actually expecting this tbh.

Volcanion-EX – Fire / Water – HP180

Basic Pokemon

Ability: Steam Up

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard 1 Fire Energy card from your hand. If you do, during this turn, the attacks of your Basic Fire Pokemon do 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[R}[R][C] Volcanic Heat: 130 damage. During your next turn, this Pokemon can’t attack.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Water (x2)

Resistance: none

Retreat: 3

Any thoughts? It is speculated that shiny M Gardevoir-EX will be dual Psychic/Fairy type.

would be nice, it hasn't been a thing since the original hoenn sets, even then they were always metal/actual type

would be nice, it hasn't been a thing since the original hoenn sets, even then they were always metal/actual type

Yes, though if I do remember correctly, there were some dual Dark/other type Pokemon in the EX-Team Rocket Returns expansion.

pokemasterTz, on 11 May 2016 - 07:24 AM, said: It's an ability, not the actual typing, so Golurk does not count I guess? Also, there are the LEGEND cards, but Seminc did say in a while, right? :) On a side note, Volcanion has some good synergy with Blacksmith.
Good point, though I am unsure if I should classify Legends as dual-type, as they are technically two different ******** ******* in the terms of the trading card game they are.

EDIT**

Censored word 1: Pokemon. (Really?)

Censored word 2: I guess 

A Beach covered in Pokemon, somewhere on the Internets.

Ha! I will have to find that beach. I think I've been there before.

Yes, though if I do remember correctly, there were some dual Dark/other type Pokemon in the EX-Team Rocket Returns expansion.

Not sure if that comes after or before Team Rocket Returns, but I have a Dark Celebi from one of the EX-Hidden Legends theme decks that is both grass and dark-type.

Not sure if that comes after or before Team Rocket Returns, but I have a Dark Celebi from one of the EX-Hidden Legends theme decks that is both grass and dark-type.

Lol I forgot about those. Those are before EX Team Rocket Returns. There is a Jirachi (Psychic/Metal) also from EX Hidden Legends Theme Decks. I believe it was the Wish Maker one.

Considering Psychic-types are weak to Psychic since gen 1 sets, I don't think we can expect the TCG to ever follow the videogames closely  :P They should have given it a lightning or fighting weakness, though.

Anyway, this card looks awesome, the damage output can be insane.

I believe there's a difference here. the psychic symbol stands for ghost, psychic and poison. Meaning there is some basis (not much, but some basis) to the argument that psychic being weak to psychic is alright. After all, you don't want 17 types of cards (that'd be really awkward considering we only have one weakness on a card- most matchups wouldn't even be affected by weakness)

Over here with volcanion, however they're directly contradicting some information given by pokemon. For example, like making Pikachu a dragon. It'd be cool, but still. It's just not done.

Volcanion seems like a nice addition to Entei / Charizard-EX (or budget version, Emboar-EX) decks.

I believe there's a difference here. the psychic symbol stands for ghost, psychic and poison. Meaning there is some basis (not much, but some basis) to the argument that psychic being weak to psychic is alright. After all, you don't want 17 types of cards (that'd be really awkward considering we only have one weakness on a card- most matchups wouldn't even be affected by weakness)

Over here with volcanion, however they're directly contradicting some information given by pokemon. For example, like making Pikachu a dragon. It'd be cool, but still. It's just not done.

Oh, you're right about that. It's weird, from a videogame player perspective, to see a Crobat doing double damage on a Mewtwo, but even so I don't think the TCG ever contradicted immunities or abilities that have a similar effect.

And that's weirder because Landorus cards, for example, always get a water weakness instead of the grass one most ground-types get, so I don't get why not make Volcanion weak to lightning or fighting...

Oh, you're right about that. It's weird, from a videogame player perspective, to see a Crobat doing double damage on a Mewtwo, but even so I don't think the TCG ever contradicted immunities or abilities that have a similar effect.

And that's weirder because Landorus cards, for example, always get a water weakness instead of the grass one most ground-types get, so I don't get why not make Volcanion weak to lightning or fighting...

Technically landorus is neutral to grass because its flying typing cancel the weakness making it neutral, but I do agree with adding some type of weakness to volcanion :P 

Technically landorus is neutral to grass because its flying typing cancel the weakness making it neutral, but I do agree with adding some type of weakness to volcanion :P

that's why I mentioned it - in videogames it is neutral to grass and the TCG designer took that in consideration. Not doing the same for Volcanion is weird...

Archived