Eternal Kabutops....

rgp151

So the new Stage 1 Kabutops has an attack that is 50 for 2 energy. Heal from this pokemon the amount of damage that you did.

Kabutops has 150 HP. It is possible when using Focus Sash to heal all the way back up to full after the use of Focus Sash, at which point you can then apply another Focus Sash.

I think I'm going to build this deck actually.

With the Stadium, 2 Strongs, and 2 Regirocks, Kabutops hits for 130. After use of Focus Sash you would have 140, leaving you 10 short, but there is also Giovanni's Scheme.

However, you can of course also play Pokemon Center Lady and good ole Potion. So even if you can't get a maximum attack off, you should be able to heal enough to get yourself in range that a Potion or PCL can top you off, letting you then apply another Focus Sash!

I've thought about combining the new Kabuto into my Garchomp deck, but have only managed to pull 1 Kabuto thus far and haven't had chance to try it.

Item lock would be devastating though.

Edit: I was thinking of the wrong sash.

By using Focus Sash it basically protects you from one hit KOs, and any time you aren't HOed in one hit you need to do enough damage to keep healing all the way back up to full. If you do get one hit KOed, then you need to put on a new Focus Sash and heal up to full again, which can be done, at least in theory.

I really like this deck idea, and have already collected a playset ***********, but I am wondering if there will be something like fossil searcher for it? Like for Amaura and Tyrunt? Because that would be EPIC for this deck.

EDIT:Yet another one for the censor thread.  It was "for" followed by "Kabutops".

I been using this deck with main attacker either being Kabutops or Aerodactyle. Been able to get out Kabutops turn 1 or 2 most games and actually one shot a Mewtwo ex with it one game.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 14

3 Aerodactyl *** 76

2 Lugia *** 78

2 Carbink *** 50

3 Kabutops *** 39

2 Landorus FFI 58

2 Solrock PRC 83

Trainer Cards - 34

2 Lysandre AOR 78

3 Old Amber Aerodactyl *** 106

2 Random Receiver *** 109

4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

2 Skyla BKT 148

2 Fossil Excavation Kit *** 101

3 Judge BKT 143

1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick PRC 133

3 Ultra Ball *** 113

3 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134

3 Muscle Band XY 121

4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 12

2 Double Colorless Energy *** 114

3 Strong Energy *******

7 Fighting Energy Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Hi! im new in this forum and to the TCG itself. I am also thinking of constructing a fossil themed deck, but it got me thinking, is there another way of putting kabuto in play aside from searching it up from the bottom of the deck? what if i have kabuto and the kabuto fossil in my hand? Does that mean i wont be able to get to play kabuto since he's not in the bottom of the deck? 

Hello iska. Quickest way I have found is a combo with Battle Compressor, VS Seeker and Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick (Support card from PRC). Use the Battle compressor for Kabutops, Maxie and whatever other card you like. play items like ultra ball to get your hand down to a vs seeker then us it to maxie your pokemon onto your bench. No fossils required. Have a decklist just above your post if you would like to see. the *** set is fates collide.

thanks heaps FaytSealsU

I think I'm still not used to the VS seeker and battle compressor strategy card play. Still learning how to run this kind of deck. Well, here goes my deck list that I had in mind that I would construct:

****Pokemon list (22)

2 Garchomp (breakpoint)

2 Gallade (breakthrough)

1 Gallade (plasma storm) ? or maybe another basic pokemon

1 Machamp (Furious *****

3 Lileep (Plasma blast) **prehistoric call effect

2 Cradily (plasma blast) **effect of lifeplosion is what I'm after

2 Relicanth (team plasma) Due to fossil effect 

3 kabuto (Fates collide)

2 Kabutops (fates collide)

2 Carbink (Fates collide)

1 Carbink Break

1 Kyurem (plasma blast)

****items (15)

3 VS Seeker

3 Battle compressor

1 Scoop up cyclone (plasma blast)

2 ultra ball

3 Root fossil

3 dome fossil

****Supporters (6)

1 Caitlyn

2 Lysandre

1 Maxie's Hidden Ball trick

1 N (Fates collide) or skyla

1 Korrina (furious fists)

****energy cards (17)

2 Double colorless

4 Strong energy

2 Blend GFPD

3 grass energy

6 Fighting energy

Your thoughts guys would be much appreciated! XD

• 3 weeks later...

So here is my Kabutops deck:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 15

2 Carbink BREAK *** 51

4 Carbink *** 50

4 Kabuto *** 38

3 Kabutops *** 39

2 Regirock-EX *** 43

Trainer Cards - 35

2 Fighting Stadium FFI 90

1 Sacred Ash FLF 96

1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 162

1 Professor's Letter XY 123

1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

1 Switch PRC 163

1 Ultra Ball DEX 102

1 Lysandre FLF 90

2 N DEX 96

4 Korrina FFI 95

1 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

1 Shauna PHF 104

1 Escape Rope PLS 120

2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

3 Focus Sash FFI 91

4 Dome Fossil Kabuto *** 96

1 Level Ball AOR 76

1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105

4 VS Seeker ROS 110

1 Fossil Excavation Kit *** 101

1 AZ PHF 91

Energy - 10

4 Strong Energy FFI 104

6 Fighting Energy Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is actually much better than I thought it would be. The card flow is a little bad. It probably needs Shaymins, but I'm not running a lot of Ultra Balls so I didn't put any in. The problem I'm having with the deck is either I don't get setup and I get slaughtered, or I do get setup and people quit.

I just played about 15 games with this deck and seriously out of that there was only 1 real game. Everything else ended by the time 1 or 2 prizes were taken, or well before that.

In severals matches I was able to get a Kabutops up by turn 3 or 4 that had 3 Strong Energy on it, with a Focus Sash. This is a seriously unbeatable pokemon once its gets up. I mean, yes, you can kill it with stuff like Bronzong Break, Medicham, poison combos, and removing the Focus Sash, but in terms of direct damage, you can't KO a fully powered Kabutops.

Only ONE time did I actually get the healing combo to work, because in most cases once I got Kabutops up with at least 2 Strong energy on it people quit.

The second attack, X-Scissor, can easily hit for 240, and I was hitting 200+ with it frequently. There is a coin toss, but even if you fail the coin toss, with Strong Energy and Regirock it was typically hitting for between 120 and 160.

But the real fun of this deck is the healing. As long as you have Focus Sash on, it's insane. You can heal back from 10 HP to full health. Only problem is then you need to get a second Focus Sash :P I never actually did that, but I was in situations where it was possible to do, but no one ever put me down to that.

But the really nice thing is that with Focus Sash, even when you are *********** for just 50 or 100 or whatever, you can keep healing back up to full each turn and keep the Sash on, so it's always in effect, so it gives you a lot of insurance.

Also, getting Kabutops (or fossils in general) setup was easier than I thought it would be. Honestly, the Fossil item worked almost every time. There was one time when it failed and it probably cost me the game because it failed on turn 1, so it's not reliable enough to be competitive, but it worked like 90% of the time.

The biggest problem with Fossils is item lock. The main attacker can ONLY be brought out via items, so item lock pretty much totally kills the deck, so agains its not competitive, but its a very fun deck. Hitting and healing for 100+ is pretty amazing a fun when it happens.

Great Thread! ^___^

I myself have though about making a Kabutops deck myself but with all these LAME ITEM LOCK decks running around-it would not do too well. I LOVE using Maxie hidden ball trick (I got 3 Full Arts I use in ALOT of my decks) and I think it would be the most effective way for me to play Kabutops. Unfortunately because of decks like item lock, alot of players are leaving (IMO its just as bad as shiftry-seeing how a lot of decks depend on item cards). Makes you miss the old days when a 120 hp Charizard  was running things LOL!

My Deck (If I was to create a Kabutops deck) would be something like...

Kabutops-2

Maxie Hidden Ball Trick-3

Ultra ball-4

Computer search

Hawlucha-3

Regirock EX-3

Battle compressor-2

Float Stones-2

Switch-2

3 Special fighting energies

Vs seekers-2

Korrina-2

Etc-Etc-Etc you get the point LOL!  Best of Luck to All Kabutops users!  ^______________^

Archived