M3730R's energy removal deck

M3730R

This is an original deck that needs to be played a certain way to be most effective and is not a damage deck. Also most people will probably find it boring to play with (and against) and maybe somewhat 'cheesy'. I have however found it to be very consistent.

It's very slow to win with, as in most cases you will need to force your opponent to draw their entire deck. I'm a beginner (might just be vsing low mmr people) so I'm not sure how competitive this deck really is but I've been having a lot of success with it so far. I haven't played against any decks like this one so thought I'd post it for people to try.

It has only very few weaknesses and if your opponent is expecting it I think it would be very easy to counter. A few switches and escape ropes haven't been a problem for me though.

Would VERY MUCH welcome any suggestions on how to improve it because as mentioned I'm new to pokemon and don't have access to most cards (had to trade 15 fates collides to build the deck and wasn't sure it would even work) and I'm also not aware of a lot of strategies out there. Thanks for reading!

Pokémon - 12

1x Dunsparce ROS 68

2x Carbink *** 49

1x Jirachi-EX PLB 60

2x Trubbish BKP 56

2x Garbodor BKP 57

4x Phione LTR 36

Trainer Cards - 42

4x Crushing Hammer EPO 92

4x Professor's Letter XY 123

2x Team Aqua's Secret Base DCR 28

4x Lysandre AOR 78

1x Heavy Ball BKT 140

4x Team Flare Grunt XY 129

4x Float Stone BKT 137

3x Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

2x Steven ROS 90

3x Level Ball AOR 76

2x Enhanced Hammer PHF 94

3x Head Ringer Team Flare Hyper Gear PHF 97

4x Professor Sycamore XY 122

2x Elesa LTR 135

Energy - 6

6x Water Energy XY Energy 9

Total Cards: 60

use bunnelby with ancient trait, some kind of durant which let you discard your opponents deck, houndoom ex, ninjask from roaring sky or malamar from the xy set with the mental trash attack instead of dunsparce. dont focus too much on getting energy and cut 4x prof letter. in addition i would not use so many flare grunts because you can only discard the energy when their opponent is in the active spot..1-2 copies are enough + with vs seeker you can put them back in your hand if needed.

cards which i can highly recommend:
- trick shovel (to discard top of your opponents deck)
- lyssandre (to move a poke in front with high retreat cost and no energy on it)
- n (works amazing when your opponent got some prices)
- xerosic (to remove special energy or tools so u can remove e.g. a fighting fury belt and put head ringer on them)
- vs seeker (multiple use of supporters)
- life dew (no price for your opponent for the knock out)
- deliquent (discards the stadium + your opp has to discard 3 cards from their hand)
- red card (opp shuffles his hand in the deck + draws 4 cards)
- etc.

Thanks...bunnelby is a better choice than dunsparce, though I've actually taken dunsparce out now.

I was having energy issues early on while testing the deck which would slow it down at its most crucial time trying to set-up (first 2-3 turns) so I put the prof letters in which are now working well for me but there's probably a better alternative to ensure I have at least 2 energy in my first 3 turns.

I always planned on putting vs seekers in for the very point you mentioned however I'm not sure if it will really be as effective or consistent for this particular deck. I've had 2 grunts as prizes with the other 2 on the bottom 1/2 of my deck before which was annoying and I this will be even worse if I only put 2 in. I'll take your advice though and substitute 2 out now to test if only to confirm my suspicions.

As much as I’d like to I cant split the focus between discarding my opponents deck and their energy

because it will weaken the deck by making it less consistent and less effective at it's main job – which is to remove all energy from your opponents pokemon. So houndoom, malamar and ninjask are out not to mention I would need more energy types further diluting and weakening the deck.

Ill do some trades for those cards you've listed as I think some of them will certainly improve the deck, mainly red card and n. Thanks for the excellent suggestions FCM very much appreciated!

4 Prof letter

4 T Flare grunt

I know, you run Elesa and Steven that is a great combination to get next supporter, energy and tools to use but I would suggest Skyla, able to look for ANY trainer card. If item/tool/stadium to use same moment, if supporter, to use next turn. And 4 and 4 of the above seems way bit much. I would cut 2 TFG and 1 Letter and you have 3 spots for Skyla or 2 Skyla and another think.

Skyla can get any of the other 39 (if 3 of her) trainer cards. I think it fits perfect.

In addition, 1 Xero and 1 Startling megaphone could fit too in the deck. What to cut? 2 Head ringer use to be enough and 2 Lysandre is the staple. I would play 3 in here if you want because of the importance, but if Vs Seeker (which use to be a must) you could cut some of them.

And as extra, if you like this kind of decks, think in a: Sharpedo EX/Crawdaunt/hammers/Dev spray deck. It's an idea that has been in my mind for a long time but still no time to build something around. If you like the idea and try anything, let me know!

I've modified the deck based on some suggestions here, as you mentioned I only included Steven for the one mana and right supporter when needed, but I've found he slows the deck down too much, and with 4 sycamore and the option to retrieve them back early with phione, he's not really needed. I tested with and without Elesa and sometimes I'm desperately needing that float stone for garbodor a little earlier than usual - typically to deal with dark cloak...so I'm gonna keep her in.

Because I run through the deck pretty fast with Sycamore I think Skyla will just slow it down much like Steven, plus I can pull mostly any card from my discard pile anyway. I've added VS seekers in as it gives me a little more flexibility late game choosing between lysandre and grunts. If xero were an item he'd be perfect otherwise I need to reserve that supporter per turn to lysandre/grunt/syc.

Startling megaphone won't work for obvious reasons, but I've added in a tool scrapper as it has occasionally come in handy. Deck is updated and will probably be the fine copy. I don't think I can improve it any more and it has some weaknesses inherent to this type of deck that no amount of tweaking will improve. I've got another idea I'd like to try, I'll grind the tourny for the next 2 weeks to get the cards for that lol. I'll have a look into that Sharpedo EX/Crawdaunt etc. deck though thanks Chasista.

Edit: woops forgot to post updated build...

Pokémon - 10
1x Carbink *** 49
1x Jirachi-EX PLB 60
2x Trubbish BKP 56
2x Garbodor BKP 57
4x Phione LTR 36

Trainer Cards - 42
4x Crushing Hammer EPO 92
3x Team Aqua's Secret Base DCR 28
4x Lysandre AOR 78
2x Heavy Ball BKT 140
3x Team Flare Grunt XY 129
4x Float Stone BKT 137
3x Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
4x Level Ball AOR 76
2x Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
3x Head Ringer Team Flare Hyper Gear PHF 97
4x Professor Sycamore XY 122
1x Tool Scrapper DRX 116
3x VS Seeker PHF 109
2x Elesa LTR 135

Energy - 8
8x Water Energy XY

Total Cards - 60

I don't see the matter for the Megaphone, what am I missing?

I prefer Skyla more than Elesa and other things as 4 Lysandre still seems too much to me but playstyles apart I think you have a good build of the deck. Minor new ideas or needs in a punctual moment for 1 or 2 cards as much but I think you get it now :)

yeah i guess some minor changes here and there are just personal preference really. Startling megaphone would be too situational...it would discard my head ringers as well. The deck seems to work very well against a whole range of decent decks however I have small chance against houndoom...mainly due to blacksmith and the new serperior.

Archived