Serperior/Sceptile-EX

rgp151

Well this is the best I could come up with for Serperior. It's pretty good, but a little inconsistent in terms of the flips and needing the stadium, etc. In several games I would have had the win if I would have pulled a stadium, but then didn't. In one case I had 9 cards left. I knew I had 2 stadiums, 1 Serperior & 1 Servine in the deck. I played Sycamore, drew 7 cards, and didn't pull a stadium. I got Serperior and Servine, but couldn't play them because I didn't get the Forest. So I lost.

I've seen the decks with only Serperior & Super Scoop-ups. That's nice, but those decks lose hard to Glaceon-EX. So I think you have to run a basic to be able to deal with Glaceon (I've beaten 2 Serperior decks with Glaceon BTW), and Sceptile is the logical choice.

As I say, the deck works pretty good, but its really hard to fit everything in, and a lot depends on how many heads you get and if you can get the stadium when you need it.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 14

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
2 Sceptile-EX AOR 7
3 Snivy *****
3 Servine *** 6
3 Serperior *** 7
1 Spinarak AOR 5
1 Ariados AOR 6

Trainer Cards - 38

4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74

4 VS Seeker ROS 110
3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
3 Muscle Band XY 121
3 Devolution Spray ******
2 Revitalizer GEN 70
2 Level Ball AOR 76
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Professor's Letter XY 123
1 Super Rod BKT 149
1 Energy Retrieval AOR 99
1 Switch PRC 163

2 Professor Sycamore XY 122
1 Shauna PHF 104
1 N NVI 92
1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 162
1 Skyla BKP 122
1 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Brigette BKT 134
1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105
1 AZ PHF 91

Energy - 8

8 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards: - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Hi

I see too much 1, specially in supporters. I would go with 3 Sycamore (no Shauna) and  2 N (no Giovanni's scheme)

Problems with stadium? Skyla is the answer so 2 Skyla at least (no Brigette). Or introduce Trainers' mail.

And no Poke center lady which is one free spot for a 4 N or 3 Skyla or 2 Lysandre or for the Trainers' mail.

One single Ariados line is too inconsistent. You should go with 2-2 or you could remove it totally gaining space or build a better Serperior line (4-4-3 or other options).

Thinking that this deck in Expanded with Lasers will be still better.

Actually I don't mind the 1X1 Ariados line, because its not really critical. Also, all of the 1 of supporters aren't a big deal because of Battle Compressor / VS Seeker. Taking out Pokemon Center Lady for a 2nd Skyla may be okay, but these days, I hate taking out PCL due to all of the Sleep/Paralysis type effects. 

Switching out Giovanni's Scheme for another N or Skyla may not be bad either. 

I think I'll take out the Energy Retrieval for another supporter. 

But I also think that maybe taking out Ariados and Sceptile and putting in Miltank is a good idea. That would be minus 4 cards, and I could put back in 3 Miltank + 1 Sinvy. Then take out the Energy Retrieval for a 4th Servine.

I had kinda the same idea and built a deck variant of that with M Sceptile-EX. Don't know if it works 'cause I don't have all the cards.

Pokémon - 17

4 Sceptile-EX AOR 7

3 M Sceptile-EX AOR 8

4 Snivy *****

4 Servine *** 6

2 Serperior *** 7

Trainer Cards - 34

4 Sceptile Spirit Link AOR 80

1 Lysandre FLF 90

4 N DEX 96

1 Professor's Letter BKT 146

1 Super Rod BKT 149

4 Super Scoop Up FFI 100

1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97

2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

2 Skyla BKT 148

4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74

2 Revitalizer GEN 70

1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

3 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134

2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

2 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 9

9 Grass Energy XYEnergy 5

Total Cards: - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Actually I don't mind the 1X1 Ariados line, because its not really critical. Also, all of the 1 of supporters aren't a big deal because of Battle Compressor / VS Seeker. Taking out Pokemon Center Lady for a 2nd Skyla may be okay, but these days, I hate taking out PCL due to all of the Sleep/Paralysis type effects.

Switching out Giovanni's Scheme for another N or Skyla may not be bad either.

I think I'll take out the Energy Retrieval for another supporter.

But I also think that maybe taking out Ariados and Sceptile and putting in Miltank is a good idea. That would be minus 4 cards, and I could put back in 3 Miltank + 1 Sinvy. Then take out the Energy Retrieval for a 4th Servine.

I do like Giovanni's scheme, it's a double threat and make me very good games when it was released and I filled some decks with one of them but moving ahead, N is totally staple again and the old staple trainers don't loose its importance so additional supporters are quite difficult to insert.

I didn't said nothing about En retrieval or others because I didn't played the deck. Sometimes even ONE of this cards are needed, soon or late it useful. But If you see the possibility to cut there better than others, try it!

Anyway the 1-1 line still too weak imo, and I like the Miltank idea!

I had kinda the same idea and built a deck variant of that with M Sceptile-EX. Don't know if it works 'cause I don't have all the cards.

Pokémon - 17

4 Sceptile-EX AOR 7

(...)

2 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 9

9 Grass Energy

I still feel than Ariados is a better choice for Sceptile EX than a coin flip, no matter how much times you throw the coin. On the other hand, it's useless against Grass pokémon so Serperior based decks would be harder to beat.

In a fast view just 3 points:

> 3 Megas and 4 links? That's play it safe (maybe a bit too much :***.

> No UBs at all?? You can recycle energies with the Mega and pokes with Revitalizer and both to the draw pile with Rod so, I would use them!

> I would go with with 4 Sycamore (again, you are able to recycle a lot and there nothing more powerful that a sure 7 new cards), 2N (or 3) and still 2 or 3 free spot for extra Vs Seeker and Revitalizer. Or maybe a Xerosic or an extra Lysandre or what you feel you are missing when you test it. Sorry, no Birch's at all but that are playstyles and I see you don't want to "loose" evolutions or important cards so you can keep Birch as main supporter but 2 or 3 N seems enough to me. Think that in late game if winning you will loose cards anyway if you use it.

i love the new serperior i think it turns out to be  consistent. i run a different deck list than you. i do a mix between yellow swellow's, rare candy's, and my own. 

Pokemon - 19

• 4-4-4 line of serperior evolution
  • 1 miltank
  • 2-2 line of ariados evolution
  • 2 shaymin ex

Trainers - 33

• level ball - 2
  • ultra ball - 4
  • revitalizor - 1
  • super rod - 1
  • startling megaphone - 1
  • super scoop up - 4
  • trainer mail - 3
  • vs seeker - 3
  • az - 1
  • lysandre - 1
  • N - 2
  • professor sycamore  - 4
  • 4 forest of giant plants
  • 2 muscle band

Energy - 8

• 2 herbal energy
  • 6 grass

this deck is more about consistency than anything having to rely on serperior alone is a flaw i saw in rare candies hence why i run 1 miltank (this is my own take on the deck as i find that i want to exclude Ex pokemon like sceptile as it always will do a 2 turn knock out anyways and my opponent takes 2 prize cards. when its knocked out will test this 1 sceptile may be more ideal.) 1 startling phone because it should be standard in each deck to deal with fighting fury belt and other items and because garbotoxin shuts servine down. 2 herbal energy (also my own take because recovering health and only needing 1 energy could be clutch. revitizor to get at least a servine snivy again right to my hand. super rod for energy return and serperior line/miltank/shaymin. 4 forest because consistency this deck really needs that card to be successful. only really need 3 vs seeker as i find early game without a battle compressor having 4 is useless but you will need to run the standard supporters in every other deck for this to work including 4 sycamore 2 N and an AZ. 

This is similar to what I'm running now, except I took out Ariados and put in 2 Miltank. Also I only run 3 Serperior, with 2 Revitaizer and 3 Devolution spray, with no Scoop Ups and no Herbal energy. I definitely think taking out Ariados is best and you need 2 Miltank because of Edit: Jolteon Glaceon. 

This is similar to what I'm running now, except I took out Ariados and put in 2 Miltank. Also I only run 3 Serperior, with 2 Revitaizer and 3 Devolution spray, with no Scoop Ups and no Herbal energy. I definitely think taking out Ariados is best and you need 2 Miltank because of Jolteon.

downside though about only running 3 serperior lines though is consistency. what makes serperior honestly competitive in any way is servine. you may not need ariados but without it you may be running in problems of coming up with that extra 10 damage to do a 2 turn knockout to an Ex with 180 hp. personally i'd ditch the devolution spray. reason many people would consider super scoop in being consistent regardless of coin flips is that i can pick up shaymin in addition to my own serperior line and get healing where as devolution spray doesn't do that. AZ should be you go to card for reliablity if you want to pick *************** though or shaymin at that. i'd definitely be testing different variants even with pokemon lists of 19 pokemon. may find that really is a good list that fits to your playstyle. i know i never run that many pokemon in most decks but it works in this one in my opinion

I'm running 4X4X3 Serperior now, with 2 Miltank to guard against Glaceon.

I don't like Scoop-Up because its a 50% chance of the flip and then 50% on the paralysis. So with Devolution Spray you have a 50% chance to get the paralysis, but with Scoop-Up you only have a 25% chance. And I'm **********, so if I really need to pickup a Shaymin, I can use that.

I dunno, but all I know is that I do like Miltank better than Sceptile in the deck, I agree on that!

Archived