I'm furious about Unlimited mode

arcangelgold

Normally I try to be as reserved and respectful as I can on here while also being as honest as possible, but today I am thoroughly angry! I see they have removed my favorite play format from the new game update, Unlimited. That's an outrage! I have spent hundreds of dollars on my cards, and so has my son who gives me his codes to play with online. I have spent thousands of hours playing to earn my cards, won tournaments against the best players in the world to earn cards and spent months trading cards to build decks for Unlimited mode. Now I can't play with the dozens of awesome decks I buildt because you just threw out the mode and replaced it with yet another restrictive mode! I'm tired of the restrictive nonsense! It's one thing to have a few modes restricted or to ban outrageous cards from tournament play when they are so unfair others cannot stand a chance, but this is an absolute outrage.

Why should I bother to buy any new cards if for all I know tomorrow I won't be able to use any of them in a deck? I want my ability to play with ALL my cards back! Also I agree with another poster in a different thread who basically asked why you would delete a real format with a format that doesn't exist in the live version of the game. I really enjoy playing on line and buying cards because I don't have space to play real cards and it's a pain to set up for me. I probably won't play at all or buy any physical cards anymore. This to me is unacceptable. I feel like I'm being used, by being forced to always buy new cards or be "obsolete" as a player, or I have to play with only the cards you chose. Why not just choose the whole deck for me while you're at it!

I understand you are angry...

But removing unlimited formate from VS mode and turnement was the best solution. The power comby of HGSS + B&W + XY was to big. But you can still play Unlimited mode with your frinds online.

There have been big problem with unlimited mode!
- Giant Fan deck was destroying the fun with unlimited mode, with the option of wining on the furst turn and with out attack. Just a batter of coin flip....
- Night March get insane high power with XY cards.
- Some Legend cards get creazy speed.

Not fun battle a player that just want to win on first turn to get token?

What deck was you running? Don't say Giant Fan...

what settlers said.

Unlimited was fun.

Probably the most hilariously wrong statement ever said.

There were literally three types of decks:

1. shiftry

2. anti-shiftry

3. non-competitive

Basically how the format used to run was concede until you find a deck you want to face.. Please tell me you don't actually miss that.

There are three aspects to any format online:

1. Pvp

2. Friend battles

3. Tournaments

Pvp was awful because of shiftry-anti shiftry anyways, tournaments didn't exist in unlimited and friend battles still allow you to play unlimited decks. I.e. there is no reason to complain (unless you feel bad that your son bought you codes so that you could lose to shiftry decks- in which case, be my guest)

You are late to the party, all whining about that change ended few weeks ago already. Unlimited is gone and not coming back, whether someone accept it or not. 

I feel like they should have just removed Shiftry and call it a day. Or just not remove unlimited and just add legacy.

I feel like they should have just removed Shiftry and call it a day. Or just not remove unlimited and just add legacy.

Try to seach for settlers25 on the Tube.

Then you understand what power XY cards have on Legend pokemon...

TCGO Unlimited - Balanced

TCGO Expanded - Not Balanced.

All i can say.

Legacy Format not part of it

TCGO Unlimited - Balanced

TCGO Expanded - Not Balanced.

All i can say.

Legacy Format not part of it

Wat.

what settlers said.Unlimited was fun.Probably the most hilariously wrong statement ever said.There were literally three types of decks:1. shiftry2. anti-shiftry3. non-competitiveBasically how the format used to run was concede until you find a deck you want to face.. Please tell me you don't actually miss that.There are three aspects to any format online:1. Pvp2. Friend battles3. TournamentsPvp was awful because of shiftry-anti shiftry anyways, tournaments didn't exist in unlimited and friend battles still allow you to play unlimited decks. I.e. there is no reason to complain (unless you feel bad that your son bought you codes so that you could lose to shiftry decks- in which case, be my guest)

You are 101% correct about it . People only used shifry for grinding ladder and coins there was nothing very cool about unlimited more. You are getting a +1 on that :D

To be honest I'm more annoyed with how Legacy is just turning out to be more like 2013-2014 Standard format with older sets thrown in for good measure, nothing but Virizion-EX/Genesect-EX decks and LaserBank everywhere.

I'm starting to wonder if the format would do better if it was like Japan's Hall of Fame/Palace format...

To answer the questions asked of me:

**** I have never used Night March or Shiftry Decks, even though I could.

2. I do miss unlimited it was the only format I liked because the others were too restrictive and I expect to be able to

play with the cards I PAID for and earned and traded for in at least one mode.

3. I hate Legacy mode, it's just a watered down version of unlimited.

4. There will always be new cards and with new cards, new overpowered decks. That being said taking away an entire play mode, especially when it is the only mode that actually allows players to play with the cards they paid for, is an improper answer to the problem.

5. I had multiple decks probably 20 or more in that mode They were all different. One was Lost Deck, but many were original decks I created in which I used card combos most people haven't seen unless they battled me. I prided myself on making intelligent, fair decks and guard decks that could put the oped decks in their place, but now I can only play with what Pokemon wants me to. Why not just get rid of all the modes but Theme deck?!

6. I loved unlimited mode in tournaments but I do agree NM and Shiftry decks were over the top and had to be dealt with but they could have done it without eliminating the mode itself. No one wants to lose to a super unbeatable cheezy deck, but the mode is not to blame. Aside from a few exceptions like Shiftry most cards are fair and one could find a plethora of things to whine about with cards that are hard to beat but we aren't gonna ban all cards that win now are we?

7. I'm tired of coming back to the game to see everything I liked about it gone and more of things I hate.

Archived