Tried an Online Ranked match and.. wow! :S

chemikz

eeeeeer, in some point you're right free player don't have strong cards, but with a good strategy they can win, i won one guy using 2 zekroms, it was easy, he was with 2 benched zekroms and other 4 basic, i was with raichu, in 2 turns i took 3 premiums, he put the first zekrom, i lost, but i was with another raichu, and one amphy, so amphy did 80 damage, bye zekrom, zekrom 2, faint, raichu died zekrom 2 faint, he forfeit, yeay

and i saw many people with legendary pokemon card(offline, of course) in much tournaments lose against mixed decks without one jirachi, mew or other weak legendary pokemon(i'm not saying they are weak with strategy, but naturally,¬¬)

eeeeeer, in some point you're right free player don't have strong cards, but with a good strategy they can win, i won one guy using 2 zekroms, it was easy, he was with 2 benched zekroms and other 4 basic, i was with raichu, in 2 turns i took 3 premiums, he put the first zekrom, i lost, but i was with another raichu, and one amphy, so amphy did 80 damage, bye zekrom, zekrom 2, faint, raichu died zekrom 2 faint, he forfeit, yeay

and i saw many people with legendary pokemon card(offline, of course) in much tournaments lose against mixed decks without one jirachi, mew or other weak legendary pokemon(i'm not saying they are weak with strategy, but naturally,¬¬)

Take any martial arts class that teaches how to disarm a gunned man and you will know how to disarm them quickly and effeciently. HOWEVER, just because you CAN doesn't mean you WILL. They will always tell you it's easier to comply than try to disarm. You are not faster than a bullet and anyone with a gun that's halfway competent won't let you get close enough to disarm them.

I feel it's the same with Pokemon decks. If the player is competent you are not going to beat them without a slow hand/bad spreads/etc and even then most of these decks run like well oiled machines. You can soup up a lawnmower all you want but it's still just a lawnmower.

I posted this in another thread so it's copypasta time.

Some of these decks aren't being played to their full potential and/or are getting bad spreads. Also you can't base that assumption off just a few games, there are far too many variables in play.

Take the Zek for example.

They play Pachirisu, that lets you attach 2 energy to it (self-generation poke-power or something similar), Shaymin is down with Celebration Wind (or something similar), move energy to Zek, attach normal energy. First turn set up, Wreck. Interviewer's Questions/Pokemon Collector/Comm make it THAT much more possible. (Also consider that more than half the deck are the main combo involved and/or aimed at getting this combo out in 1-2 turns) The max amt of turns I've seen a Zek user set up in was 3. 1 energy each turn and even then you have nothing at that point that can stand up to 120 unless you happened to get a Basic/Stage1 and 2 within the first 3 turns and managed to give it energy each of those turns. All the while he's amassing more powerhouses on the bench.

As I said before, This amount of synergy and the 6 Turn - 6 Prizes gameplay is what makes the basic decks so inferior.

At least it wasn't Zekrom or Beartic. Free players don't have anything they're weak to at their disposal.

I have now been up against them all and you were right, Resh is weak compared to other combos. While I am getting demolished it is still fairly entertaining. I figured I would try a little ranked play this am with my basic Blue/Green deck. It's really not a very good deck, but I did manage to get a 3rd turn stage 3 poke with 3 energy only to have it demolished by a Beartic who at the beginning of the turn had 1 energy, ended it with 4 (am not very familiar with the cards, just know there was nada I could do about it). I have won a couple of non ranked lately, and am enjoying the game when I don't run up againts these synergy decks.

I have also learned from seeing the synergy rock out crazy combos with trainer/supporters that I have access to with the free cards, so there is that.

I would like to see some sort of option for ranked play with free cards, though I doubt they will have it. There's not a whole lot of value in incentivising folks to NOT spend money which that would sortof be doing.

Archived