Why is everyone surrendering?

PrideSP

I mean, I'm not complaining or anything, I'm winning, so that's great, but all of a sudden it's like, if things don't go your way at the start, just surrender. Like a guy got 2 tails in a row, so he surrenders when not 1 person took a single prize card yet.

People concede if they know that they have a very small chance of winning.

Some people have limited time that they can play this game, so they won't stick around in a match they know they are going to lose in the end.

Okay, this just happened to me 1 second ago. A guy was beating me the entire game, and I even messed up where I attack and it doesn't affect him, and he's going to win the game, but he surrendered! What is going on here?

Okay, this just happened to me 1 second ago. A guy was beating me the entire game, and I even messed up where I attack and it doesn't affect him, and he's going to win the game, but he surrendered! What is going on here?

It could be possible that he just had to leave for something and simply conceded. There are people who have to concede matches due to stuff IRL.

Or he random disconnected. I concede a lot early game because it saves me time, and my opponent doesn't have to waste those 5min getting all the set up going. It's a win-win situation.

I mean, I'm not complaining or anything, I'm winning, so that's great, but all of a sudden it's like, if things don't go your way at the start, just surrender. Like a guy got 2 tails in a row, so he surrenders when not 1 person took a single prize card yet.

Because everybody hates night march.  Would rather do anything than waste my time waiting for night march players to make their turns.

thta

thats why that i dont use birch anymore and if my enemy is using night march and i use greninja break,i just keep playing if i got at least 1 or 2 dive balls in my first hand then sycamore away.

That's because the game's connection is so horrible, that he got screwed and was disconnected, resulting in him conceding.

I end up losing matches from connection issues Even though im hardwired into my pc, and my internet speeds are upwards of 70mbs and my upload is close to 20mbs  its ridiculous how bad this game has gotten

I end up losing matches from connection issues Even though im hardwired into my pc, and my internet speeds are upwards of 70mbs and my upload is close to 20mbs  its ridiculous how bad this game has gotten

How good is your computer?

But yeah, their server is pretty bad. It's pretty cheap. And knowing Pokemon, they got money banks in their pockets, but too greedy to give us a good less glitchy game and all.

this is getting beyond a joke

5 games played

3 wins

2 KO's

1 concede due to junk hand (2nd game in a row with junk at start)

1 DC for no reason

trying to do KO daily is impossible like this, there is far too much conceding currently, not even using night march

2 KO's ********** if you include one yesterday.

I concede currently only because I still can't see my bloody cards...so every day I try at least once to see if they fixed it, but so far no change :(

also: I always concede against night march and other typical copy/paste decks...people that can't even make their own decks are not even worth my time

I concede currently only because I still can't see my bloody cards...so every day I try at least once to see if they fixed it, but so far no change :(

also: I always concede against night march and other typical copy/paste decks...people that can't even make their own decks are not even worth my time

For some reason, special energy cards become nearly invisible to me, i am not talking about the card image still loading, they just become transparent and some seconds later they become fully visible.

I see the point if somebody concedes, but if I have a challenge, for example beat 12 pokémon with yours, and the opponent surrender after 2 K.O, it could be very annoying.

Or he random disconnected. I concede a lot early game because it saves me time, and my opponent doesn't have to waste those 5min getting all the set up going. It's a win-win situation.

Unless your opponent was working on a challenge.  When that happens it is really quite frustrating; to accomplish challenges you have to find someone sympathetic and actually ask for them to not concede if they fall behind, or risk them conceded as soon as - for example - you get Flareon [Plasma] and a decent amount of Pokémon in your discard pile (which in that deck can be before you've even attacked once!).  The damage challenges are supposed to be relatively easy, not take a dozen games because you're averaging less than 100 damage each due to people conceding.

If it sounds like I am lecturing just you FlaFlaPT, my apologies; your comment just seemed like a natural lead in to this point I had already planned on making.  There are times when I am trying to just rack up wins and I am grateful for an opponent accepting they have little chance of turning things around and conceding, but between challenges or just enjoying a deck that has finally setup, your opponent might enjoy playing things out as well.  If this does sound like something to consider, just ask "Hey, you care if I concede?"  If it is faster for your opponent to win than to answer, you probably weren't saving enough time for it to matter anyway. ;)

It might be because there are a lot of new players on android who think drawing against a set that does double damage means an instant loss. Just a theory.

Unless your opponent was working on a challenge.  When that happens it is really quite frustrating; to accomplish challenges you have to find someone sympathetic and actually ask for them to not concede if they fall behind, or risk them conceded as soon as - for example - you get Flareon [Plasma] and a decent amount of Pokémon in your discard pile (which in that deck can be before you've even attacked once!).  The damage challenges are supposed to be relatively easy, not take a dozen games because you're averaging less than 100 damage each due to people conceding.

If it sounds like I am lecturing just you FlaFlaPT, my apologies; your comment just seemed like a natural lead in to this point I had already planned on making.  There are times when I am trying to just rack up wins and I am grateful for an opponent accepting they have little chance of turning things around and conceding, but between challenges or just enjoying a deck that has finally setup, your opponent might enjoy playing things out as well.  If this does sound like something to consider, just ask "Hey, you care if I concede?"  If it is faster for your opponent to win than to answer, you probably weren't saving enough time for it to matter anyway. ;)

You misunderstood me lel. The 5min set I talked about are all vs the all mighty Night March and Vespiqueen Item Lock decks. Those people aren't doing challenges. And if they were doing them, I don't feel a single drop of shame by not helping them out because their decks, despite being legal, I find them cheap. I actually help A LOT of players that are doing challenges, even the annoying ko ones.

For example I was versus this one guy and I was with a Greninja Break deck, and he had an ancient trait Entei deck, and he said "oh man I just wanted to complete this challenge". I like dive ball'ed all of my froakies for him to get the most ko's possible (I had already water duplicated). Because you know, I'm a cool guy and I respect those people, because I was in their spot and I know how annoying it is to complete those challenges. 

Concede early doesn't mean that you're being a (first name of) Cheney for those completing challenges, fortunately I have the common sense to know when I'm helping both the players by conceding early. In the case of versus Night March and Vespiquen Item Lock deck, they get the points they so desire (what other reason they play those decks ? Fun ? I doubt it but people have some weird tastes), and I don't have to waste 5min of my life for them to set up. Again, win-win situation.

Hope I expressed myself better this time.  :lol:

I've been playing on the Android version the last couple of weeks and I've had a bunch of games where I was winning and the game closed for one reason or another.

Personally, I never concede even if I'm getting destroyed because it annoys me when I'm trying to complete a challenge and can't because of other players quitting.

You misunderstood me lel. The 5min set I talked about are all vs the all mighty Night March and Vespiqueen Item Lock decks. Those people aren't doing challenges. And if they were doing them, I don't feel a single drop of shame by not helping them out because their decks, despite being legal, I find them cheap. I actually help A LOT of players that are doing challenges, even the annoying ko ones.

For example I was versus this one guy and I was with a Greninja Break deck, and he had an ancient trait Entei deck, and he said "oh man I just wanted to complete this challenge". I like dive ball'ed all of my froakies for him to get the most ko's possible (I had already water duplicated). Because you know, I'm a cool guy and I respect those people, because I was in their spot and I know how annoying it is to complete those challenges. 

Concede early doesn't mean that you're being a (first name of) Cheney for those completing challenges, fortunately I have the common sense to know when I'm helping both the players by conceding early. In the case of versus Night March and Vespiquen Item Lock deck, they get the points they so desire (what other reason they play those decks ? Fun ? I doubt it but people have some weird tastes), and I don't have to waste 5min of my life for them to set up. Again, win-win situation.

Hope I expressed myself better this time.  :lol:

You expressed yourself in more detail than before, but it doesn't mean I think more highly of what you are doing.  Further details make you sound inconsistent in your approach.  If you don't want to lose five minutes being a punching bag for someone, that's your right. ;) I won't like it, but it is consistent.  I brought up the Challenges as an example of how sometimes people are after more than just a win, and if we do consider them then your self described approach is neither fair nor equal; you may be punishing some who really need your help, because they are using the most logical deck for a challenge... but it is a deck you don't like.  There is also the value of their time versus your time.

There are some decks you don't like; there are decks that I don't like either.  However, most of these decks are the logical, obvious choice for someone trying to complete a Daily Challenge.  A Psychic Damage or Psychic KO Challenge seems made for Night March, while at someone doing the Grass Evolution Challenge is likely to go with Vespiquen/Vileplume.  Both of those decks are good at doing the element required of the Challenge, and contrary to what a lot of people do (run a deck never meant to win in order to grind out the Challenge), the actual purpose was to inspire people to play as close to a competitive deck as they can while meeting that Challenge.  Hence why Challenges are for Ranked or Tournament play.

There are decks where it wouldn't be likely your opponent is working on a Challenge, but those exceptions shouldn't dictate your general procedure.  Remember what I suggested?  Perhaps you are on a device that makes it cumbersome, in which case perhaps what I suggested may be unreasonable, but otherwise simply ask if your opponent is working on a Challenge.  If they are, sit tight: five minutes isn't that much time and your five minutes might come at the cost of their 50 minutes.  If they aren't, then go ahead and concede and you still save both players 3+ minutes.  Pretty improbable that five minutes is substantial enough to be justified in conceding while three to five is not. ;)

If your opponent won't answer, it is okay to take that as a "no".  Just give them a reasonable length of time (30 seconds to a minute).  If it really worries you that someone might really need the leeway to finish a Challenge, but their parents requires the chat is disabled or they can't effectively communicate with you, then either we don't concede to anyone, we allow ourselves to concede to anyone, or we encourage the designers to include Active Challenges as part of the VS screen summary (FYI, I've suggested that last one a few times and welcome support).  There really are times when it will be so unlikely an opponent is working on a challenge, you could concede without saying anything: typical Seismitoad-EX decks are ill suited for damage, Evolution, or KO challenges.  You just can't really know for sure, and it costs you so little to be kind and give the other player a chance to speak up before you concede.

I was just introduced to Hoopla-EX. Three EX-Pokemon on the opponent's side at once? What's the point in trying to deal with that nonsense? I barely have three EX-Pokemon in my collection who could share a deck together and I have no Standard-legal Ex-Pokemon that would fit in my deck.

I was just introduced to Hoopla-EX. Three EX-Pokemon on the opponent's side at once? What's the point in trying to deal with that nonsense? I barely have three EX-Pokemon in my collection who could share a deck together and I have no Standard-legal Ex-Pokemon that would fit in my deck.

I beat that before. It is difficult but not impossible. And you can always use safeguard Pokemon.

Of course it's not impossible, but you do need the resources. I just don't have a great pool of cards at the moment, and unfortunately the game isn't going to wait until I build my collection up before it pits me against players with powerful decks. This means I end up outmatched in most games, but the games I do win earn me tokens which let me get better cards which should see my win ration go up as I play. Eventually I'll have access to enough useful cards that games come down to skill or luck as much for me as much as for your average long-time player.

I could bypass the grind, of course, by spending actual money, which is quite possibly what The Pokémon Company wants.

almost every match i get into ppl concede was going against this guy who was trying to complete 30 non basic pkmn challenge was 1 prize card vs his 4 he finally knock out my pkmn saying it was last one and just leaves w/o finishing the game. i even told him i needed it could of atleast finished the match.

there should be a penalty for ppl that leave matches early that doesn't involve accidental dc like a 1min cd or something. but should be able to switch between tournament or diff options in vs. so if the person leaves a theme match early they wait 1 min or go try legacy or others while they wait.
idk im just getting tired of people leaving matches when it all goes wrong. and no i never left a match i like to fight to the end and had some amazing matches that left my opponent with 1 prize card and me 6 and make full comeback!

wierd censors for non badwords XD

Archived