mega scizor / scizor ex deck ideas

FCMbrah

sup community, i checked scizors card and it is pretty decent so i might wanna build a deck based on it for fun matches, daily challenges or ladder. has someone built a deck with scizor and what are your experiences with it. i saw some videos where it was part of a deck disruption deck paired with crawdaunt or was used with bron.zong + max potions but im sure there are also other interesting variants to play it or to get its max potential. feel free to post your build so i can test them myself or ideas and we can work on a nice build.

This is mine, built while BPo was the last set released.

I do love to build decks but I don't have too much time to play actually so I can't say if it's the best Scizor deck out there (I don't think so) but I hope it helps as idea.

As for FCo updates, I just removed 1 Sycamore and 1 Xero from previous built to fill the gaps with 2 N.

Pokémon (16)
3 Scizor-EX BKP 76
3 M Scizor-EX BKP 77
3 Bronzor PHF 60
3 Bronzong PHF 61
1 Aegislash-EX

1 Heatran PHF 63

2 Shaymin-EX ROS

Trainer Cards (35)
3 Max Potion
4 Trainers' Mail
4 VS Seeker
2 Switch

2 Battle Compressor

3 UB

2 Level Ball

2 Float Stone

3 Scizor Spirit Link

3 Sycamore
2 Lysandre

2 N
1 AZ

2 Parallel City

Energy (9)
5 Metal Energy
4 Shield Energy

Any change is welcome :P

ive tested this deck and made some personal addition and i really liked it. powerful attacks with low energy costs + max potion and bronzongs ability to recover those energies is amazing. thanks for sharing your deck list!

This is mine, built while BPo was the last set released.

I do love to build decks but I don't have too much time to play actually so I can't say if it's the best Scizor deck out there (I don't think so) but I hope it helps as idea.

As for FCo updates, I just removed 1 Sycamore and 1 Xero from previous built to fill the gaps with 2 N.

Pokémon (16)

3 Scizor-EX BKP 76

3 M Scizor-EX BKP 77

3 Bronzor PHF 60

3 Bronzong PHF 61

1 Aegislash-EX

1 Heatran PHF 63   Remove for 1 Seismitoad EX

2 Shaymin-EX ROS

Trainer Cards (35)

3 Max Potion

4 Trainers' Mail Remove 1 for a Muscle Band

4 VS Seeker Remove 1 for a Muscle Band

2 Switch

2 Battle Compressor

3 UB

2 Level Ball

2 Float Stone

3 Scizor Spirit Link

3 Sycamore Remove 1 for a Xerosic

2 Lysandre

2 N

1 AZ

2 Parallel City Remove 1 for a Delinquent

Energy (9)

5 Metal Energy

4 Shield Energy Remove for Metal Energy (Metal Links cant retrieve Shield Energy)

Any change is welcome :P

Since change is welcome, I shall help :) I ran M Scizor local and very rarely went below 3-1. My edits are in red

@FCMbrah

A pleasure.

I've played it today a bit because a Steel daily challenge and got around a 50% W/L which is bad, and also I had lot of starts without basics (also one or two with Shaymin).

I've tested some things like Mega Turbo and others and made some changes to make it a bit better or at least try it. I got rid of Shaymin EX and it's not so bad. I feel it more fluid now. Still testing and more changes are coming for sure but, here it is right now:

Pokémon (13)

3 Scizor-EX
2 M Scizor-EX

3 Bronzong PHF 61
3 Bronzor PHF 60
1 Aegislash-EX
1 Heatran PHF 63

Trainer Cards (38)
2 Max Potion

4 VS Seeker
4 Trainers' Mail

3 Battle Compressor

4 Ultra Ball

2 Level Ball

2 Float Stone
2 Switch

1 Super Rod * (actually unused yet LOL)

2 Scizor Spirit Link

4 Sycamore

2 N

2 Lysandre

1 Skyla (VERY useful!)

2 AZ * (More than probably 1 enough or totally remove without Shaymins)

1 Xerosic

** Stadiums are needed but I didn't decided yet what to remove and what stadiums add. There are right now 3 theoretical (*) spots available

Energy (9)

9 Metal energy

I got rid of Special energies just because easier to use Bronzongs even discarding with Max potions and AZ.

Also, I would love to see your build if you want to share it :D

personally i prefer to play expanded so i run some cards that are not available for standard format but they are easy to replace

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 15

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

1 Aegislash-EX PHF 65

3 Bronzor PHF 60

3 Bronzong PHF 61

2 Scizor-EX BKP 119

1 Scizor-EX BKP 76

3 M Scizor-EX BKP 120

Trainer Cards - 36

1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97

2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

1 Colress PLS 118

1 Computer Search BCR 137

1 Escape Rope PLS 120

2 Float Stone PLF 99

2 Lysandre FLF 90

3 Max Potion EPO 94

3 N DEX 96

4 Professor Juniper DEX 98

3 Scizor Spirit Link BKP 111

4 Steel Shelter PHF 105

4 Ultra Ball FLF 99

4 VS Seeker PHF 109

1 Xerosic PHF 110

Energy - 9

9 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards: - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

might wanna include delinquent, another attacker like mewtwo (xball) or seismitoad ex and cut some other cards that are not so necessary.

Since change is welcome, I shall help :) I ran M Scizor local and very rarely went below 3-1. My edits are in red

Hey. Thanks! I did myself some changes to mine but still working on it.

I went myself through all basic energies, and 1 Xero is back.

I was just answering the OP at the same time you replying to me. I'll check your tips :)  Just some fast questions:

1 - Why Seismitoad EX?

2- Do you deal Regice, Carbink [safeguard] and others of this kind with Bronzong's attack?

3- What the Muscle Bands are for? (OHKO the 130HP basic pokes?)

I could remove even all the 4 Trainers' mail to make changes or if spots needed but I do need 4 VS seeker for sure in my playstyle :lol:

Hey. Thanks! I did myself some changes to mine but still working on it.

I went myself through all basic energies, and 1 Xero is back.

I was just answering the OP at the same time you replying to me. I'll check your tips :)  Just some fast questions:

1 - Why Seismitoad EX?

2- Do you deal Regice, Carbink [safeguard] and others of this kind with Bronzong's attack?

3- What the Muscle Bands are for? (OHKO the 130HP basic pokes?)

I could remove even all the 4 Trainers' mail to make changes or if spots needed but I do need 4 VS seeker for sure in my playstyle :lol:

i could probably answer some questions based on my personal opinion even thought those are plasmetics additions.

1) seismitoad is a really powerful poke due to his colorless attack quaking punch which can really slow down and disrupt your opponent and really fits into this disruption theme since mega scizor discards stadiums which nearly every deck is relying on e.g. dim valley in nm or special energy also used in a lot of popular decks (nm, giratoad etc.)

2) after i saw the poke line in your list i was wondering what purpose is that heatran serving. i played that heatran before but that was in a bronzong/dialga deck with dces where it was a non ex attacker for safeguard pokes. now you have the mega scizor which is not counted as pokemon ex iirc and can knock out those safeguard pokes. i guess then regice isnt that big of a deal anymore.

3) probably for seismitoad 

personally i prefer to play expanded so i run some cards that are not available for standard format but they are easy to replace

might wanna include delinquent, another attacker like mewtwo (xball) or seismitoad ex and cut some other cards that are not so necessary.

In that case, I see Keldeo EX in there with a Float stone to come active helping to Metal link whatever healed with Max Potion. I used to play a Dialga EX-Aegislash EX deck this way hitting 150 every turn when B/W was still standard. Cobalion (NVi84/100-LT91) is very welcome if metal and Expanded.

As in Standard I was thinking in kind of Zoroark [bTr] in the deck without the Megas, to hit 110 + a possible FFBelt or MBand per turn making Scizor EX active in each turn. The idea seems better with Keldeo EX because Zoroark is another Stage 1 as Bronz and there are so much evo lines probably but... maybe I try it for fun :lol:

i could probably answer some questions based on my personal opinion even thought those are plasmetics additions.

1) seismitoad is a really powerful poke due to his colorless attack quaking punch which can really slow down and disrupt your opponent and really fits into this disruption theme since mega scizor discards stadiums which nearly every deck is relying on e.g. dim valley in nm or special energy also used in a lot of popular decks (nm, giratoad etc.)

2) after i saw the poke line in your list i was wondering what purpose is that heatran serving. i played that heatran before but that was in a bronzong/dialga deck with dces where it was a non ex attacker for safeguard pokes. now you have the mega scizor which is not counted as pokemon ex iirc and can knock out those safeguard pokes. i guess then regice isnt that big of a deal anymore.

3- I thought it later and yes, probably.

2- Mega Scizor EX doesn't count as an EX? Oh, I will have to check that! I was sure the Megas where the same (unless there where a bug when I test that time ago)

Again crossed answers -_-

Hit the nail on the head lad.

In that case, I see Keldeo EX in there with a Float stone to come active helping to Metal link whatever healed with Max Potion. I used to play a Dialga EX-Aegislash EX deck this way hitting 150 every turn when B/W was still standard. Cobalion (NVi84/100-LT91) is very welcome if metal and Expanded.

As in Standard I was thinking in kind of Zoroark [bTr] in the deck without the Megas, to hit 110 + a possible FFBelt or MBand per turn making Scizor EX active in each turn. The idea seems better with Keldeo EX because Zoroark is another Stage 1 as Bronz and there are so much evo lines probably but... maybe I try it for fun :lol:

personally i just retreat and discard those attached energies and heal it with max potion. the upcoming m scizor wasnt really lagging an energy in my past matches and was ready to go. but keldeo is a nice addition aswell  

Just coming to play my Scizor (new Metal challenge) and I lost againt a M Manectric-Regice deck. That 20 resistance make'em 3HKO wich has been quite hard.

I discarded my Heatran at the beginning because I didn't thought he was going to play Regice but... it came to the Arena so I Super rod my Heatran but I couldn't get it in hand. Tried to go with Bronzong but then he switched to the Megas again for 1HKO.

At the end i had to try hitting Regice after he used Resistance Blizzard (During your opponent's next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by Pokémon-EX.) and Mega Scizor EX doesn't hurt Regice.

As I said I remember from past games so time ago, it's still an EX in its name so Regice can't be KOed with the Megas either. I suppose it's the same with Carbink, Sigilyph, Suicune...

IMO M Scizor is outclassed by the new Aerodactyl for a joke. A non-EX Unevolved ( ok, Restored...) with pretty much the same attack for a 2Coul energy. What is the point is using a Mega-Evolved Pokemon and having to give it so much support (yes, a restored does need a lot too, admitted) when you can just drop an Old Amber into play? And just to add insult to injury it only gives up 1 prize...

Yeah, I think it's better to go :

4X2  Mega Scizor

3X3X1 Bronzong Break

2X2 Zoroark

And whoever said that Mega's aren't counted as EXs is totally wrong. 

Scizor actually hits hard by itself, so you can just use Scizor to attack, or Mega Evolve if the situation is right. Zoroark Scizor is a deadly combination, and now you have good variety to deal with Jolteon, Glaceon, or Regice. 

Bronzong Break is always a potentiality clutch game winner also, and can really help against Night March. 

Yeah, I think it's better to go :

4X2  Mega Scizor

3X3X1 Bronzong Break

2X2 Zoroark

And whoever said that Mega's aren't counted as EXs is totally wrong. 

Scizor actually hits hard by itself, so you can just use Scizor to attack, or Mega Evolve if the situation is right. Zoroark Scizor is a deadly combination, and now you have good variety to deal with Jolteon, Glaceon, or Regice. 

Bronzong Break is always a potentiality clutch game winner also, and can really help against Night March. 

Agree with this. Except I'll probably drop a Scizor EX for a Heatran PHF. It also means that I will add one or two DCEs into the deck for both Zoroark and Heatran usage.

My rational is that, going against Regice and Carbink (Break), there are situations where your opponent will keep the basic Pokemon in his hand to reduce his bench size. This way, Zoroark may not always guarantee an OHKO on these guys. The OHKO is important, not grabbing it might mean him switching out into an OHKO on your Zoroark instead. The 130 on Heatran guarantees that OHKO (provided Carbink isn't sashed).

Another reason is that Scizor EX requires set up to play. There can be times where you are just stuck with a Scizor EX and no backup support. His attacks are only going to chip, 50 doesn't even drop most basic Pokemon, much less say do reasonably well against EXes or Stage 2s (unless Super Effective). On the other hand, Heatran can mostly hold up against other opponents on his own. 

A Heatran is always good to put in almost any metal decks. So while rgp151 has given you a rather ideal list of Pokemon to run, there is no harm to consider running a Heatran.

thanks for your answers so far! i didnt know that this regice and safeguard issue also includes all megas so i might gonna put in a heatran to be secure. does anyone have a list of this kind of version and as already mentioned now we have access to bronzong break and the genesect ex..do they can improve this deck in any means? maybe we can figure out something for standard and expanded format 

Genesect/Bronzong Break is better IMO. I run 4X4X2 Bronzong Break with 3 Genesect. Works really good. I just just beat a well setup and **************** deck with it last night.

It was funny cause he had Octillery on the bench and he was down to 2 prizes and I needed 3. He had 3 cards in hand, and Hawlucha in the active (had just attacked my Genesect with it) with 1 energy and no other energy on the board, with 1 Gibble and Lucario and Shaymin on the bench. I had 2 Genesect (Super Rod) in play, 2 Bronzongs and 2 Bronzors, with 2 Float Stones and 2 Fury Belts in play and like 6 energy in play and 4 more in the discard pile.

I evolved into Bronzong Break, put two more energy onto Bronzong Break, played Delinquent to get rid of his hand, retreated into Bronzong Break and took out his Octillery. On his turn he couldn't do anything, then I Escape Roped and played an energy onto Bronzong, evolved my other Bronzong, then started putting energy on to snipe Shaymin and he resigned.

Bronzong Break is no joke. I'm sure he thought he almost had the game. All he needed was 1 more attack on my damaged Genesect and probably had the Lysander in hand. And Bronzong Break can wreck Night March if you can get it going in time. I just like Bronzong Break because it lets you be so strategic. And IMO Genesect is the perfect partner for it because Genesect is simple and doesn't require a lot of other support, just Bronzong.

Bronzong/Genesect is definitely a strong combo. It's reminiscent of the Dialga/Bronzong combo. But this is a deck that requires heavy setting up. Float stones, switches, escape ropes are a must. Sometimes, you might encounter bad starts, causing your Genesect to not be able to come online fast enough. And being heavily reliant on Bronzong's ability might cause your deck to be shut down very badly by Wobbuffets.

Bronzong Break also has a heavy energy requirement to snipe very well. TBH, Bronzong Break is more of a one-off, a clutch deal-breaker, like the finishing move to win a match. This is why players only run a 3x3x1 Bronzong line in competitive decks. Hitting the energy requirement for good snipes can be fairly inconsistent so it definitely requires very careful and detailed planning in terms of energy usage. 

I'm not saying it's not a good deck. IMO, set up, it is a really strong combo that can wreck really hard. Genesect's ability lets you switch between FFBelt, MBand, Float Stones, as and when needed which is a really scary offensive play. Just keep in mind though, this is far from an easy deck to play, very very strategic in play. Consider also an Aegislash EX, since with its ability, it can wall pretty well, providing you time to set up your Genesects and Bronzong Break. 

Archived