Muscle Band vs Hard Charm

AJFay77

Not sure if it's working as intended, but when attacking with a muscle band attached to your pokemon, and the opponent has a hard charm attached to their active pokemon, the attack still does 20 more than the base damage. It's as if the hard charm effect doesn't apply when a muscle band is active.

Again not sure if this is intended to work this way, but I'm unsure and thought it was worth posting.

AJFay77

I want to note that it sometimes works. In my scenario I had a frogadier with the muscle band, cannot recall what pokemon my opponent had but either way my attack (base 50) did 70 damage at the time.

Treadlight

It's worth mentioning that the muscle band's bonus is applied before weakness/resistance, and the hard charm's bonus is applied after weakness/resistance.  So they aren't able to simply cancel each other out.

fizzyapple

I want to note that it sometimes works. In my scenario I had a frogadier with the muscle band, cannot recall what pokemon my opponent had but either way my attack (base 50) did 70 damage at the time.

Do you mean XY Greninja (Water Shuriken) by any chance? His Mist Slash attack (base 50******* affected by weakness, resistance or any other effects - this includes equipped items like Muscle Band - on the defending Pokemon.

AJFay77

Fizzyapple, you are 100% correct. Knew it wasn't affected by weakness or resistance, I didn't realize it cancels the effect of tool cards on the opponent. Thank you