Hoopa EX ability not working at First turn

Walker_D

The Tittle kinda says it all.

When I have the first turn, and I select Hoopa EX from my hand to go to the bench, its ability doesn't work for some reason..

Ability:
Scoundrel Ring

When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for up to 3 Pokémon-EX (except for Hoopa-EX), reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Not sure if this is supposed to happen or if this is a bug..

*** And since I'm posting, I have a suggestion: Could you guys make it possible to sort the Collection's cards by Energy type?

It's weird that this is not an option in the Collection's area (only in the Deck Manager). It would be much better if this was a option.

When I have the first turn, and I select Hoopa EX from my hand to go to the bench, its ability doesn't work for some reason..

Ability:

Scoundrel Ring

When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for up to 3 Pokémon-EX (except for Hoopa-EX), reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

*** And since I'm posting, I have a suggestion: Could you guys make it possible to sort the Collection's cards by Energy type?

It's weird that this is not an option in the Collection's area (only in the Deck Manager). It would be much better if this was a option.

Did your opponent played hex maniac ? Had garbodor with item in play ? Some kind of ability blocker ? Or maybe you didn't have any ex in your deck.

Ability:

Scoundrel Ring

If you mean search your collection for cards by energy type than their is an option in filters

go to game bug threads and post this there and report the bug i did this and other people and we got a bug fixed for dragonite ex

did you play the hoopa during the set-up? because well it only works if it is your turn and not if you both are putting pokemon on active and bench spots when you are still setting up...

did you play the hoopa during the set-up? because well it only works if it is your turn and not if you both are putting pokemon on active and bench spots when you are still setting up...

yes, it is

few months ago i was going to send a Support ticket just before i remember i play it when settting-up :D

If you mean search your collection for cards by energy type than their is an option in filters

No, I mean, organize all my,Collection Cards by Energy Type (like it can be done in Deck Manager).. ..and not only show Pokemons of one specific energy type, by filtering.

Yup, that's what I did. I won the coin and played the Hoopa during set-up.

But since I played him from my hand to the bench, I though it would still apply, and that I would be able to search my deck for  3 EXs in my turn...

Kinda weird that it doesn't apply .....but I guess set-up time is not part of the game itself?   ....Don't know..

As other have called out cards aren't "played" during setup and so any triggered effects don't activate for your benched Pokemon.  

This is why you don't start with Shaymin-EX on your bench to start the game either (unless you absolutely have to). :)

No, I mean, organize all my,Collection Cards by Energy Type (like it can be done in Deck Manager).. ..and not only show Pokemons of one specific energy type, by filtering. Yup, that's what I did. I won the coin and played the Hoopa during set-up. But since I played him from my hand to the bench, I though it would still apply, and that I would be able to search my deck for 3 EXs in my turn... Kinda weird that it doesn't apply .....but I guess set-up time is not part of the game itself? ....Don't know..

Correct, set up is technically PreGame. Shaymin-EX will not let you draw extra cards if you bench it during set up.

AAAAAAANNNNDD..... Greninja'd xD

As other have called out cards aren't "played" during setup and so any triggered effects don't activate for your benched Pokemon.  

This is why you don't start with Shaymin-EX on your bench to start the game either (unless you absolutely have to). :)

Yup, that's what I thought.. thanks for your time

Also, hope you guys take in consideration my suggestion about making it possible to sort the Collection's cards by Energy type. It would be very helpful to be able to do that.

Archived