Do you think PCG is ruined by night march?

Eika86

My brother asked me this question today, but I have been away for a long time, and mostly play theme battles. Is this true?

There are two VERY different ways to look at this, and both are correct. 

1. The deck is bad for the game because it is overpowering, very difficult to beat, makes the meta stale, everyone uses it, etc. 

2. The deck is good for the game in the aspect that it is cheap, easy to build, easy to play, etc., so it encourages younger or more inexperienced players to play because they can start off with something simple while still having a chance at winning against other good decks.

So, I think the deck is bad for the games meta, because so many decks are either Night March, and direct counter to Night March, or at least have some tech to counter Night March. But it is also good for the game because if the only decks that could win were big bad EX decks, less competitive players would be scared off, and rightfully so. 

Obviously Pokemon sees number 2 as being the more sound argument, since it is getting reprinted and hasn't been banned or anything (not that I am saying it is "toxic to the game"). 

Personally, I don't know which to side with. Both arguments are very valid. 

Good for those on a budget. Bad for those who want to play a TCG with variety.

I think it's a problematic deck for the game and it didn't need further support. But it got more anyway.

Good nightmarch is not cheap because it has shaymins

secondly play counters and they will instantly conceed. For every strategy there is equal or more effective counter.

Also you could play Nightmarch yourself and see what is the biggest weakness

Alot of people i see play nightmarch dont have a good setup or dont know how to play it properly even if they do.

If you give up because you cant handle Nightmarch you dont deserve to be playing this game honestly.

Ash used pikachu vs Brock's onix and won guess his pokemon legacy would be very short if he gave up right there and then.

Good nightmarch is not cheap because it has shaymins

secondly play counters and they will instantly conceed. For every strategy there is equal or more effective counter.

Also you could play Nightmarch yourself and see what is the biggest weakness

Alot of people i see play nightmarch dont have a good setup or dont know how to play it properly even if they do.

If you give up because you cant handle Nightmarch you dont deserve to be playing this game honestly.

Ash used pikachu vs Brock's onix and won guess his pokemon legacy would be very short if he gave up right there and then.

My brother says he is leaving now. He got feeded he said. He can't be the only one.

the answer is yes.. the game needs to be less win at all costs with easy and cheap decks and more fun.

I've won against NM a few times even without counters, but yeah that deck is annoying.

Mostly because NM doesn't require any strategy thinking while when you fight NM you need to think on a good strategy to overpower NM, but if you start with a terrible hand, just concede, because you're toasted in the next turn.

Therefore your brother's decision is understandable.

I've won against NM a few times even without counters, but yeah that deck is annoying.

Mostly because NM doesn't require any strategy thinking while when you fight NM you need to think on a good strategy to overpower NM, but if you start with a terrible hand, just concede, because you're toasted in the next turn.

Therefore your brother's decision is understandable.

I asked him, why he didnt want to use Night March himself just now. He replied that he didnt find it fair as well as he didnt like it, and was tired of always have to use his counter teams against it. He took them down a few times with his favourite decks he said, but he added also that the game that has so many cards should be much more than Night March which he got tired to met all the time. He also asked me why is there so many cards, yet its so few cards that people uses.

He doesnt understand that part at all, he is turning 9 soon, he doesnt seem to understand why the game has so many pokemon cards and yet only a few of them is used. I try to explain that the Pokemon trademark has runned out of ideas and it was not completely like this when the first pokemon cards came out. He doesnt seems to understand seeing extension after extension and yet the majority of the cards is "useless"... Is this true?

I asked him, why he didnt want to use Night March himself just now. He replied that he didnt find it fair as well as he didnt like it, and was tired of always have to use his counter teams against it. He took them down a few times with his favourite decks he said, but he added also that the game that has so many cards should be much more than Night March which he got tired to met all the time. He also asked me why is there so many cards, yet its so few cards that people uses.

He doesnt understand that part at all, he is turning 9 soon, he doesnt seem to understand why the game has so many pokemon cards and yet only a few of them is used. I try to explain that the Pokemon trademark has runned out of ideas and it was not completely like this when the first pokemon cards came out. He doesnt seems to understand seeing extension after extension and yet the majority of the cards is "useless"... Is this true?

I don't think it's true every card can be useful if build in the right deck and use the full extent of the cards.

But the big problem of this game is the RNG (Random Number Generator).

Which most of the times you get cards that are useful but you can't use them in your turn because it's a very specific card and it turns useless this way until it pops up the moment you can use said card.

I don't think it's true every card can be useful if build in the right deck and use the full extent of the cards.

But the big problem of this game is the RNG (Random Number Generator).

Which most of the times you get cards that are useful but you can't use them in your turn because it's a very specific card and it turns useless this way until it pops up the moment you can use said card.

He was talking about the fictional creatures cards, not trainers.

Trick night march and you are good :P everything is possible to beat i will say no to your question

Its more about getting tired of meting the same muppet team over and over I think.

Ruined is a strong word.  

Nightmarch removes all strategy and 80% of the enjoyment from about 50% of the matches.  Seriously, the only enjoyment I've ever had vs. a night march deck is getting them in item lock and watching them surrender.  

However, if you win enough games you tend to get "mostly" above the night march non-sense for vs pairings.  I probably run into one 1-2 times every 10 games.  so it gets better.  

It took me 6 months of playing before I finally surcumbed into making my own nighmarch deck.

I still hate playing it, on either side, to the extent I believe I deliberately play poorly with it when I get to it on my deck list.

I think I actually rather play my Ferroseed deck which is practically a guaranteed loss. (especially since it always seems to be against garchomp)

winning games with NM Deck is easy. u should try it.

or maybe u can use trevenant deck. ;)

Cuz i think i never win against trev deck when using NM. :lol:

I don't like facing off against NM in standard, but in expanded I whipe the floor with them thanks to my TP Espeons, which essentially clean their bench and leave my heavy hitter to deal with the active ones, also good vs those who use mew ex in expanded nightmarch.

Do I think you brother is whining and what we say in England "taking his ball and going home" like any card game a deck can be OP and everyone plays it but at the end of the day its just a game.

Load up, Play Get over it.

very rarely do i have fun matches against NM most of the time i hate it. but today for example i was using my garchomp/garbtoxin deck. all he had left was 1 card no dimension valleys, and one double colorless energy. he had one of the new mews with his last double colorless and i had a trubbish and float stone on my bench. unfortunately he lysandered my trubbish and the next turn i drew the garbodror i needed to lock him down from using his mew. Was actually a pretty fun match and early on i kept him at bay by knocking out his mews with energies attached to them. eventually he would have decked himself out in the following 3 or so turns after. 

i actually find the mega rayquaza deck harder to deal with because setup is so quick with hoopa and at least 3 shaymins in the deck. not to mention its not like you can knock out a rayquaza first turn normally with most decks. and by the time its there second turn they are ready to attack all set up. i find it necessary anymore to be running enhanced hammers and startling mega phone in all my decks because of the problems NM and Ray. cause. 

Good for those on a budget. Bad for those who want to play a TCG with variety.

I think it's a problematic deck for the game and it didn't need further support. But it got more anyway.

I feel like this completely. 

I've just recently started playing PTCGO this last month. 

And it never fails, every single Standard tournament Night March will be my opponent in the second or final round. 

I'm not really knowledgeable on this game but I play for the enjoyment and variety I get to see from the decks that others compose. But just like any other games, user will copycat what they see being successful.

I feel like this completely. 

I've just recently started playing PTCGO this last month. 

And it never fails, every single Standard tournament Night March will be my opponent in the second or final round. 

I'm not really knowledgeable on this game but I play for the enjoyment and variety I get to see from the decks that others compose. But just like any other games, user will copycat what they see being successful.

Why havent cards as Night March been removed along with Vespaqueen and some flareons?

Archived