Damage Exchange Mewtwo is to over powered

Littledarkfury

Hi, so i just played against a damage exchange mewtwo deck and realized hat it is broken. Now i understand that it doesn't see much play but even with that it still has a ridiculous attack that makes it invincible in a ton of match ups that cant do enough damage in time, which make sit an unfair card and with stuff like dimension valley, to make damage exchange even for 2 psychics which is unfair and also having fighting furty belt on it gets even more hp making it harder to KO. I think that this card is insanely unfair and broken even with psychic weakness it is basically invincible. 

~LDF :) 

Hi, so i just played against a damage exchange mewtwo deck and realized hat it is broken. Now i understand that it doesn't see much play but even with that it still has a ridiculous attack that makes it invincible in a ton of match ups that cant do enough damage in time, which make sit an unfair card and with stuff like dimension valley, to make damage exchange even for 2 psychics which is unfair and also having fighting furty belt on it gets even more hp making it harder to KO. I think that this card is insanely unfair and broken even with psychic weakness it is basically invincible. 

If I may ask, how many matches have you lost due to this card overwhelming you?

If I may ask, how many matches have you lost due to this card overwhelming you?

Idk i dont run into it much but when i do i can't usually win since i dont really run psychic decks to really win, but i find it very unbalanced regardless 

Idk i dont run into it much but when i do i can't usually win since i dont really run psychic decks to really win, but i find it very unbalanced regardless

Strategy for defeating damage change. Hit them with small amounts of damage, not enough to KO your active Pokemon if they suddenly decide to use damage change. If they use damage change, hit them with all you have, and if they use Damage Change again and KO your active, put up a new Active Pokemon and KO the Mewtwo. If they use Shatter Shot and KO your active, do the same thing as example A.

All it requires is a bit of brainpower to figure out how to make the best move against it, without it blowing up into your face (sort of like disarming a bomb, just drastically less dangerous).

If it was overpowering, it would see a lot more play. It is good yes, but not overpowering (and certainly not ban-worthy, although you never suggested that). I do use it, and I like it. But that attack can rarely, if ever, knock out an EX. And if you wait to use damage swap, you are playing with fire because they could just knock you out. So, although good, and a very nice basic for a deck that runs the mega, I don't think it is overpowering. (I do run Shrine of Memories in my Mewtwo deck because it is a nice card).

it can be. But its not overpowered.

so many ways to beat it.

hit for weakness. Small damage first then 1hit ko the next. 

Nightmarch dunks it

trev dunks it

vespi plume dunks it

other mewtwo dunks it

playing smart dunks it

if that's OP what about Whimsicott's windy mischief

I have used the mewtwo myself, there is a point where you just level out and the move is useless.

Since fighting fury belt came out i find it mandatory to run a startling megaphone in every deck i make helps me against those matchups

there are definite ways to counter mewtwo ex for most cards for sure for example i used miltank did 110 damage they damage changed that onto my own miltank i was able to attack again do to fighting fury belt and they weren't able to swap damage again. in the following play i sent out my other miltank and knocked out mewtwo because it had the 110 damage counters which it was unable to swap.

I have that mewtwo in my main psychic deck, and it's been beat plenty of times. But I also have a swellow and dusk noir for bench support to move the damage around.

LDF!!! I'm surprised to see you come out with this thread. You BAD, BAD boy (Pops LDF's hand for being bad)

^________^

Every deck is insanely unfair to SOME deck out there.  I have a Yvetal deck that gets destroyed by Mancetric decks.  I have a Mancetric deck that gets destroyed by Lucario Decks.  Both the latter two get destroyed by Trevant decks.  And Yevetal destroys Trevant.  

If you simply can't beat a particular card, you probably need to try a different deck.  

The best way to figure out how to beat a deck is to try to build that deck.  That has two advantages - 1.) if it really is that good, you win a lot, and 2.) if it has weaknesses you have overlooked, random strangers will point them out to you by beating you repeatedly, showing you how to win.  

I agree with the poster, Damage Change Mewtwo is way too strong, I lost specifically to that card many times.

The combination of a 90 damage and damage change makes it impossible to play against in random matches.

I've gone to play it myself but I just stopped, because there was no fun in it for me.

You have a reliable damage tool and then.. well, damage change.

I'm at a loss for words when i almost kill Mewtwo and instead he kills my stage 2 pokémon and heals 150 hp back.

There is no notable difference between burst damage and consistent damage against mewtwo.

If there is a point where he has a lot of damage counters he will turn the game around in one move.

And if he has Lysandre he can just pick a juicy non-damaged benched pokémon and literally change the tides.

I've actually advised my newbie friends to just conceit when this pokémon card appears.

Mewtwo decks get absolutely wrecked by Night March and Trev which are two very common decks in the format. Also it does not really have a favorable matchup vs either VespiVile or Greninja

mewtwo shatter shot is easiest one to beat other then the photon wave.

the mewtwo from b/w era is the one to worry about.

for ones saying trev can beat mewtwo well the x/y one yes. but not the b/w one easily (not saying it op but its easier to win with x-ball then shatter or photon wave). 

here is the easiet way to beat damage change mewtwo (shatter):

first do small amount of damage first 2 turns. Then use a move that would do a one hitter or if they swap  the damage. do not heal your poke by much. just enough to keep it alive. see they will not swap that often unless it comes down to where they could be ko in next turn.

also mewtwo shatter real weakness is its energy. that one is best to keep energy off as much as possible. always remove the valley with that one. I barely use the damage move. i usually go for the kos more then anything. with that mewtwo its best to ko then to keep alive or miss a attack turn.

idk why so many does it that way tho, but i get the concept of it. i would only use it if i have to. meaning if it was my only one ready for attack and i need more time to get other one ready.

mewtwo isn't just weak against psychic tho. everything thinks thats his main weakness.

its not. mewtwo needs mostly energy and strategy. if you remove the strategy then you can easily win.

nervous seed is mewtwo x/y weakness in a way. thats standard tho. in legacy well mewtwo can be harder to beat tho.

legacy/expanded is a total different gameplay.

Archived