what was fixed?

Xensor

cause i dont see any issues fixed at all.

same bugs as before. told ya nothing we wont be listened to.

cards still dont show. avatars still messed up. filters dont work fully.

same bugs as before just worse.

then some more bugs present.

are we that pittyful that we don't care to them?

i still cant trade so i can't even use my main deck. no answer about the trade ban tho.

amazing how they put that off to do what? fix nothing. so called being busy. sure. sitting infront of a pc and looking at the screen maybe.

i still cant trade so i can't even use my main deck. no answer about the trade ban tho.

amazing how they put that off to do what? fix nothing. so called being busy. sure. sitting infront of a pc and looking at the screen maybe.

You do realize that the main purpose of the update was not to fix bugs and to add the new set right? Also, a lot of the issues you described seem to come not because of the game, but slow internet or a bad computer. You have to recognize that the devs do work really hard, and it's honestly not fair for you to address them in this way. Coding is a hard, hard thing to do, and it really makes me upset when people blatantly insult the developers of this game. The developers are trying their best, insulting them in rude and frankly childish comments is not going to help. If you want to figure out the code for fixing all the bugs and then judge the devs, be my guest. But until then, you don't have the right to insult them like this, as you don't know anything about the code or how hard it is to fix the various bugs. Also, disciplinary action is not allowed to be discussed on the forums, if you have an issue, go make a ticket. The devs are working their hardest to fix this issue. Please refrain from threads like this in the future. Thank you for understanding :)

You do realize that the main purpose of the update was not to fix bugs and to add the new set right? Also, a lot of the issues you described seem to come not because of the game, but slow internet or a bad computer. You have to recognize that the devs do work really hard, and it's honestly not fair for you to address them in this way. Coding is a hard, hard thing to do, and it really makes me upset when people blatantly insult the developers of this game. The developers are trying their best, insulting them in rude and frankly childish comments is not going to help. If you want to figure out the code for fixing all the bugs and then judge the devs, be my guest. But until then, you don't have the right to insult them like this, as you don't know anything about the code or how hard it is to fix the various bugs. Also, disciplinary action is not allowed to be discussed on the forums, if you have an issue, go make a ticket. The devs are working their hardest to fix this issue. Please refrain from threads like this in the future. Thank you for understanding :)

i code websites. they have a team to code. i do my own coding myself. can't tell me they can't fix bugs.

they could answer tickets within a reasonable time frame tho.

not 5 or 6 days

For everyone who complains about bugs in certain cards, please understand something. One of the cardinal rules in programming is that special cases are generally bad. A "special case", in programmer speak, is when a single specific case that does not frequently occur is explicitly checked for and, if detected, is treated specially. While special cases are occasionally necessary, it is generally advised to add in a special case only when it is necessary or significantly benefits the application, because special cases can make the code more complicated and can often be a source of bugs.

The thing is, though, that in a TCG, practically every single card is a special case. Each Trainer card has different, wildly varying effects that I assume must be programmed (mostly) separately. Each Pokemon card has different attacks and abilities and each of those can be its own special case depending on the effect it has (energy acceleration, unique damage modifiers, item lock, special conditions, preventing attack effects on the next turn, etc.), so each attack has to be handled separately.

Even something as simple as calculating damage for an attack is incredibly complicated and involves multiple special cases: figure base damage, calculate unique damage modifiers for that individual attack, check for tools like Muscle Band or Fighting Fury Belt that modify the damage in their own way, check for special energies (e.g. Strong Energy) that affect damage, check if a stadium affects the damage, check if an ability in play could affect the damage, check for a tool or special energy on the defender that could reduce damage, and check the defender's weakness and resistance to the attacker's type (remembering to account for any abilities or tools in play that can affect those, such as Weakness Policy, BCR Vileplume's Allergy Panic, or AOR Flareon's Flare Effect). And I'm sure that I've either missed something and/or gotten things out of the proper order.

With all of these special case in the system and all of the opportunities for bugs that presents, it's a testament to the skills and abilities of the developers of any computerized TCG that things work as well as they do. The code for such a game cannot be easy to maintain at all, yet they make it work for the most part. I'm willing to tolerate a few bugs here and there knowing how complicated the code likely is.

Final note: For anyone really concerned about things like avatars not showing up, please get your priorities straight. The objective of this game is to win a game of cards. Not to have the best avatar. Bugs that affect gameplay should always take priority over bugs that do not directly affect gameplay.

For everyone who complains about bugs in certain cards, please understand something. One of the cardinal rules in programming is that special cases are generally bad. A "special case", in programmer speak, is when a single specific case that does not frequently occur is explicitly checked for and, if detected, is treated specially. While special cases are occasionally necessary, it is generally advised to add in a special case only when it is necessary or significantly benefits the application, because special cases can make the code more complicated and can often be a source of bugs.

The thing is, though, that in a TCG, practically every single card is a special case. Each Trainer card has different, wildly varying effects that I assume must be programmed (mostly) separately. Each Pokemon card has different attacks and abilities and each of those can be its own special case depending on the effect it has (energy acceleration, unique damage modifiers, item lock, special conditions, preventing attack effects on the next turn, etc.), so each attack has to be handled separately.

Even something as simple as calculating damage for an attack is incredibly complicated and involves multiple special cases: figure base damage, calculate unique damage modifiers for that individual attack, check for tools like Muscle Band or Fighting Fury Belt that modify the damage in their own way, check for special energies (e.g. Strong Energy) that affect damage, check if a stadium affects the damage, check if an ability in play could affect the damage, check for a tool or special energy on the defender that could reduce damage, and check the defender's weakness and resistance to the attacker's type (remembering to account for any abilities or tools in play that can affect those, such as Weakness Policy, BCR Vileplume's Allergy Panic, or AOR Flareon's Flare Effect). And I'm sure that I've either missed something and/or gotten things out of the proper order.

With all of these special case in the system and all of the opportunities for bugs that presents, it's a testament to the skills and abilities of the developers of any computerized TCG that things work as well as they do. The code for such a game cannot be easy to maintain at all, yet they make it work for the most part. I'm willing to tolerate a few bugs here and there knowing how complicated the code likely is.

Final note: For anyone really concerned about things like avatars not showing up, please get your priorities straight. The objective of this game is to win a game of cards. Not to have the best avatar. Bugs that affect gameplay should always take priority over bugs that do not directly affect gameplay.

yeah but the cards not showing up still there.

some of the bugs i mentioned was just a point i was making. the devs are to busy adding items we dont want then fixing the bugs.

yeah but the cards not showing up still there.

some of the bugs i mentioned was just a point i was making. the devs are to busy adding items we dont want then fixing the bugs.

This exactly.

They are adding 100's of reprints and all the features 95%of the people which dont care/want them.

Its like if you are sick at the doctors and say i have a broken leg, can you help me?

The doctor then proceeds to not care about the leg and attaches 4 ears on your forhead and tells you we listen to your feedback and have fun!

the devs are wondering why players are making threads about the trading.

they are not answering tickets. so how are we suppose to get a answer. if they dont answer. we go other ways to get a answer. i have even went to the ******** pages to get info.

the devs are adding features we do not want and its not fair that they do this when there is bugs that is making it hard to play the game. if we cant play what good is those features gonna do us?

I don't care about the avatars, but that after a whole day having my mac run hot just to get at least a few cards loaded and visible...I can't do **** because I can't see the cards of my decks, cards in trade etc...fix the **** thing!!

I don't care about the avatars, but that after a whole day having my mac run hot just to get at least a few cards loaded and visible...I can't do **** because I can't see the cards of my decks, cards in trade etc...fix the **** thing!!

yup as i stated made more junk and not fix one single bug

As far as I'm concerned the older UI when you just had to click a card to get it to lay down was far superior to all these updates that last year or so. I am with the OP. It feels like the only that gets done is adding more cards to make more money for the company but most of the things the players complain about are not addressed and some are easy and simple concepts. I am not a coder but I believe when you sell a product you listen to your paying customers. I am really tired of the constant UI changes especially since most of them are undesirable. I think these UI's need more testing before they launch to players. Also I'm tired of the features just being added and removed at random. Like the play mats. I know I had play mats but now that there is actually a UI that could show them, they all magically disappeared into oblivion.  

Archived