best decks from FC discussion!

Littledarkfury

what do you guys think the best decks in FC will be imo i like Fossils and carbink ********* ( censored for some reason) regirock :P

Serperior is my favourite. One energy attacks ranging from 40 to 140 damage? Plus I got 3 at the prerelease so I kind of have to use them. Gonna be fun against lots of meta decks.

But yeah Aerodactyl looks fun too. Never tried a fossil deck before. Caitlin? How on earth do I get them into play? Dumb luck?

Man, I just bought 25 packs from the on-line Store and didn't pull a single EX :( However, I did pull 1 Safeguard Carbink and 1 Carbink Break, so that's something at least.

I think Trevenant Break + Mega Alakazam will be good. I've already made the deck, I just need to get the cards now. Trev Break is already good. I just took out Wobuffett and put in Alakazam. It does weaken some aspects of the deck, like I had to go down to only 2 Wally, and take out some Bursting Balloons, but we'll see. I may be forced to completely remove Bursting Balloons from the deck to make room, so I'll just have to see how that goes.

I think the new Snorlax looks good. Snorlax  / Hypno / Zoroark / Darkrai-EX deck could be powerful, but once again we're stuck with everyone having Fighting Weakness, which really hurts the deck, especially now.

I'm thinking Seismitoad / Barbaracle / Glaceon / Regice, or perhaps just plain Glaceon / Regice.

I think Barbaracle is going to be WAY powerful. Possibly Barbaracle / Ninetails / Silent Lab / Seismitoad. But really, Barbaracle can go in many decks.

Jolteon / Glaceon of course.

And of course Fighting decks. Carbink Break opens up so many possibilities that it's insane. Fighting is going to be off the chain.

I've never been a big Seismitoad player, but I'm really wanting to play Seaismitoad / Barbaracle.

Interested in Carbink Break..

Just not sure what a deck looks like right now...

Does it pair with Garchomp? The Garchomp engine is already super reliable.
Use it to power up newer cards, Regirock, Zygarde. New Marowak as tech?
If we use it with 'chomp do we switch to a primary Maxie engine.
Medicharm...Machamp/Machamp EX?

Will be interesting to see what people do with it..

There are some cool cards in the set...and possibly decks..it's just whether there is a point to any of them...considering Night March..which just got Mew as well oO

Bats is actually probably Alakazam's worst partner

Tested this. You're right.

Alakazam/anything but bats

I think very clearly Jolteon/Glaceon/Mew is going to be a top deck. I've faced this deck and its pretty devastating, especially since when they attack with Mew you can't tell which attack they are using. (Maybe it shows in the log, but I'm not sure, but its not obvious anyway).

Man, I just bought 25 packs from the on-line Store and didn't pull a single EX :( However, I did pull 1 Safeguard Carbink and 1 Carbink Break, so that's something at least.

I think Trevenant Break + Mega Alakazam will be good. I've already made the deck, I just need to get the cards now. Trev Break is already good. I just took out Wobuffett and put in Alakazam. It does weaken some aspects of the deck, like I had to go down to only 2 Wally, and take out some Bursting Balloons, but we'll see. I may be forced to completely remove Bursting Balloons from the deck to make room, so I'll just have to see how that goes.

I think the new Snorlax looks good. Snorlax  / Hypno / Zoroark / Darkrai-EX deck could be powerful, but once again we're stuck with everyone having Fighting Weakness, which really hurts the deck, especially now.

I'm thinking Seismitoad / Barbaracle / Glaceon / Regice, or perhaps just plain Glaceon / Regice.

I think Barbaracle is going to be WAY powerful. Possibly Barbaracle / Ninetails / Silent Lab / Seismitoad. But really, Barbaracle can go in many decks.

Jolteon / Glaceon of course.

And of course Fighting decks. Carbink Break opens up so many possibilities that it's insane. Fighting is going to be off the chain.

I've never been a big Seismitoad player, but I'm really wanting to play Seaismitoad / Barbaracle.

I think very clearly Jolteon/Glaceon/Mew is going to be a top deck. I've faced this deck and its pretty devastating, especially since when they attack with Mew you can't tell which attack they are using. (Maybe it shows in the log, but I'm not sure, but its not obvious anyway).

lol i traded 1 trevenant item lock and mega gengar for 2 FC and pull 1 alakazam sr and umbreon fa and i still need more alakazam and mega coz just like u said trevenant break is good with alakazam so i already built its deck and plan to use it once i get all of its requirement cards

• 2 weeks later...

But yeah Aerodactyl looks fun too. Never tried a fossil deck before. Caitlin? How on earth do I get them into play? Dumb luck?

Omastar's Restoring Beam lets you search your deck for a Restored and put it directly on your bench. You can combo that with Archie's OR spam Old Amber and Helix Fossil before using Fossil Restoration Kit to repeat. The new Shuckle can help with Hide a Berry(draw 2, then one from hand to bottom) or (expanded only) you can use Twist Mountain (Dark EX 101) to have a 50% chance of playing one Restored like a Basic. Caitlin does look promising though. As a bonus, Omastar BREAK means you don't need Lysandre, and since Aero OHKO's  Shaymin and Jirachi, Target Whistle can get you two easy prizes repeatedly. The weakness of this deck is not having Basics in starting hand, being shut off by Trenevant, 'toad, (no fossils) and Garbotoxin (no Omastar), but Jet Draft's special energy discard can help with 'toad. The other problem is the deck struggles to OHKO EX's. But, if well played, Jet Draft IMO is the most OP attack in the format. (Citation: If you don't believe me, check the card.) Mega's struggle to match it(Citation: M Scizor EX)

Actually I'm finding that Delphox Break is really powerful. Not sure it's actually a top deck, but it's very fun to play and can even win against Water decks. 

Archived