Community feelings about the recent Mystery Box update

semeai

the whole point of nerfing the old wheel was to make the game feel less grindy and you appeased the masses by making the winner wheel prizes good...

now you nerf the winner's wheel THE VERY NEXT UPDATE? ridiculous. now we're stuck with a wheel that gives less prizes and you can't even get more if you claim most of the boxes, making it literally pointless to continue to play the game, you know the thing you want people to do?

and why did i know this was gonna happen to. they nerfed the old wheel and gave us a "temp" wheel that appeared good so when they nerfed this one too, we wouldn't remember how they took out the old wheel, the one we liked and wanted to begin with.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but would you mind elaborating? I will not get a chance to play until next weekend, and if there is going to be a riot about a wheel nerf, I would love to know what it's about. 

the whole point of nerfing the old wheel was to make the game feel less grindy and you appeased the masses by making the winner wheel prizes good...

now you nerf the winner's wheel THE VERY NEXT UPDATE? ridiculous. now we're stuck with a wheel that gives less prizes and you can't even get more if you claim most of the boxes, making it literally pointless to continue to play the game, you know the thing you want people to do?

and why did i know this was gonna happen to. they nerfed the old wheel and gave us a "temp" wheel that appeared good so when they nerfed this one too, we wouldn't remember how they took out the old wheel, the one we liked and wanted to begin with.

Its sounds like you were actually expecting something good from this update. Havent you learnt by now? And im getting a headache(literally, I needed to take a pain killer tablet) from the new search mechanic 

Instead of improving the stuff, they shrink the stuff (regardless of feedback)

Wanted the restored the improved wheel rewards instead they constantly reduce it.

Maybe that explain why sometimes is hard to find a match because so many players left.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but would you mind elaborating? I will not get a chance to play until next weekend, and if there is going to be a riot about a wheel nerf, I would love to know what it's about. 

basically all the boxes = 25 tokens, no ifs and or buts

Gonna have to agree with the OP. This was a huge nerf. Without any sort of balance of other sides. As in, packs still cost 200, theme decks still cost 500. Everything's cost stays the same. Even the tournament ticket entry, that they increased the number of tokens due to "increase of token rewards", well where's that balance now ? Is it gonna stay the same ? Basicly they cut our budget. 'Course people aren't happy.

The devs shouldn't be happy if their salary got cut in half, so heck yeah we have the right to complain about this. (just stay civil, remember, just a game)

basically all the boxes = 25 tokens, no ifs and or buts

Like, literally every single box is 25 coins, or like 50+% with still a chance of the other things?

Like, literally every single box is 25 coins, or like 50+% with still a chance of the other things?

They're the new 1 ticket box. 4/4 so far for me.

They're the new 1 ticket box. 4/4 so far for me.

If that's the case then it's a step in the right direction. I still think the inner wheel should reward more.

I honestly thought the odds for the old one were pretty good.. I was expecting the 375 to be nerfed to maybe 200, but I thought everything else would remain the same. 

Mike did say a few weeks ago that the rewards would be changing every few weeks or so, but I don't think that is an excuse for a nerf to the extent that is being described. I personally wish they would publish the official odds of what is in these boxes. 

Hi all,

I updated the title of this thread as the recent change is not actually threatening violence against players.

Managing a virtual economy is an ongoing complex process that involves a lot of balance needs.  We understand that some changes will not be seen as a positive in the short run or for certain players.  

With that said, please keep sharing your constructive feedback.  Our team reads the forums every day and takes your feedback into account for every decision we make.

Thanks!

If they're going to nerf the prizes, at least bring the old wheel back where you don't get cut off from prizes because you already hit that spot on the wheel that day. After receiving only two boxes from the wheel yesterday, I then hit an already redeemed spot twice on the wheel in a row. Trust me, this wheel nerfing feels like the icing on the (use your imagination for what goes here) cake. Seriously?

Edit: my suggestion would be to bring the old wheel where you win a prize every time, so that players don't feel like they won a match for nothing (well, there is the entertainment value, true, but now that the incentives are there I've kind of come to expect them), which is especially true when one has already completed the VS wheel. Heck, I wouldn't mind if the wheel gave 10-20 tokens and only 1 tourney ticket per spin if it went back to the old way instead of landing on a used spot 10 times in a row.

If they're going to nerf the prizes, at least bring the old wheel back where you don't get cut off from prizes because you already hit that spot on the wheel that day. After receiving only two boxes from the wheel yesterday, I then hit an already redeemed spot twice on the wheel in a row. Trust me, this wheel nerfing feels like the icing on the (use your imagination for what goes here) cake. Seriously?

Edit: my suggestion would be to bring the old wheel where you win a prize every time, so that players don't feel like they won a match for nothing (well, there is the entertainment value, true, but now that the incentives are there I've kind of come to expect them), which is especially true when one has already completed the VS wheel. Heck, I wouldn't mind if the wheel gave 10-20 tokens and only 1 tourney ticket per spin if it went back to the old way instead of landing on a used spot 10 times in a row.

they have ************ it since they got rid of losers rewards. i see this as a way to make people stop playing the game, less people playing, less people complaining. Even the Real life game is not this slow.

I have hit my only claimed box 6 times in a row. Is the RNG for the wheel broken? And yes, I did just inquire about RNG xD

yeah they nerfed it a bit its not bad really i'm basically getting the same as i did before a couple tickets only got 25 twice i think 50 a couple of times a tourney ticket, and 100 coins?. i just found out that the daily challenge packs are now trade able. so that is a definite plus.

i don't like getting 25 points. i want 100, 375, that was exciting. i used my points to buy fates collide packs and now it's very difficult to get 200 points to redeem a fates collide pack

You removed the salience regarding winning the match. There is no difference - win or lose when you hit all boxes (which is basically difficult, due to constantly hitting used ones multiple times). It is enough to wait 5 minutes to get your 5 tokens at most - basically when you lose the match you can win more tokens - it sounds perpetuously. You raised the entry fee for tournaments, prizes at shop. YOU CONSTATLY DO THE MAINTENANCE WITHOUT PAYING BACK THE TOKENS SPENT FOR TRADES! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST FREEZE THE ELAPSING TIME FOR TRADES DURING MAINTENACE? Many times I spent more than 160 tokens for trades, and there was maintenance for 6 - 8 hours, and as an atonement I got chest with 5 tokens... Furthermore - you even don't give an opportunity for getting tokens for money (I'm not going to use it), but how players have to earn fo example 200 tokens for new extension pack while you nerfed the wheel so much, and how players can buy something for 1000 tokens in the shop? By winning 1 - 5 tokens every match? Count how much time it would take to earn 1000 tokens.

I WISH YOU BRING THE OLD WHEEL BACK. And I believe I'm not the only one wishing that.

yeah we need the prizes as they were not like this, because of how hard is to get the coins to buy what we want. and the day they put the game online it had a problem that it was not giving the normal coins for winning only the coins from the roulete.

Man, I started a thread about how terrible the new prize wheel was last update.  It got pretty heated.

BUT this was not the way I expected it to go.  Seems like they doubled down on how terrible the wheel is.  And the dev comment on this thread is a pretty weak response.

Prior to the last two upgrades, the more time you spent playing, the more you would be rewarded.  That seems smart.  Now it seems like there isn't a point of playing more than 6 or 7 games a day before all you get is 1 to 3 coins as a reward for a win.

Utterly terrible.

I think the greater idea standing beyond those and these nerf is to buy more tournament tickets for ridiculously high price to participate in tournament for better prize-wheel and to get extension packs from winning instead of buying it in shop. There is no other way to get tickets, when the prize wheel is over, as well as it's an ordeal to get enough tokens for in-shop packs. This is self-explanatory then. This is the same way the Riot company went with League of Legends - to more exploit the users by increasing the champions and skin price by in game acquairable currency.

BTW  -  I dont understand the censorship - why  the word  IN - GAME (without spaces between a dash is censored? O_o

I'm also quite disappointed to the new wheel. Before, I always get one of either Roaring Skies or Ancient Origins booster pack. Now, it seems all mystery boxes have 25 coins in them.

Archived