Update info

Vagos91

Hey guys, any idea when the application will get uploaded to apkmirror for people who are playing from mobiles to update, cause we obviously can't play right now.

We do not officially support "side-loading" or otherwise circumventing Google Play. 

We certainly understand the desire for phone versions of the game. We want to play on our phones too. :)

The game was originally designed for a robust (wifi or wired) data connection and has not been optimized for use over a limited cellular connection that players on a smartphone would expect. Also, there are also user interface considerations that could be optimized for smaller smartphone screens. For these reasons, any device that Google Play considers a “phone” is not currently enabled to download the game.

Those are the "official" reasons for the game being labeled as tablet only. Hopefully that helps at least understand why it is as it currently is.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

We do not officially support "side-loading" or otherwise circumventing Google Play.

We certainly understand the desire for phone versions of the game. We want to play on our phones too. :)

The game was originally designed for a robust (wifi or wired) data connection and has not been optimized for use over a limited cellular connection that players on a smartphone would expect. Also, there are also user interface considerations that could be optimized for smaller smartphone screens. For these reasons, any device that Google Play considers a “phone” is not currently enabled to download the game.

Those are the "official" reasons for the game being labeled as tablet only. Hopefully that helps at least understand why it is as it currently is.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Sorry but I don't buy it. You have had a version for iPad for years, yet there is no version for iPhones. You must think we are simple people if you think we are going to believe that there can be UI optimization when you haven't even done it for iPhones. People will side-load your game, even if you don't want it to. You know the saying, what goes on the internet stays on the internet. Anyone can use google to find the APK.

The fact that you refuse to make it available to smartphone suggests that you have absolutely no intention of making a compatible version. You expect us to try the beta and report bugs, yet you won't make it available to us. I simply don't buy it.

Here's a fun fact for you. 80% of people able to connect to the internet have an Android Smartphone. On the other hand, only 47% of people have ever used an Android Tablet. I would say its safe to say that at least one-third of the 47% don't actually own. If I were you, I would re-evaluate your marketing decisions. At least try listening to the voices of your end consumers. Let us be heard, because without us, you wouldn't make a dime.

And if they made it so it would work on your phone, you'd be complaining about the app draining all your data for the month.

Guys you are getting out of the subject :P I can understand why developers got second thoughts about releasing for phones (even if my 5.5" phablet is much stronger than my tablet were the game is totally unplayable). I was playing in my phone last month or so but now I want the new apk, just give it to me 'under the table', if you know what I mean :P

Archived