The Ho-oh connection?

wwhsdjhudj

Has the connection between the Ho-oh that ash first saw on his journey and today's generation ever been said? I re-watched the episode the today and noticed that the Ho-oh he saw was completely gold! If so, does that mean Pokemon has planned for Ho-oh break that far in advance? :o Any opinions on this? :)

I don't think many people did XD I certainly didn't! My question is why they did what they did and not portray that Ho-oh not in normal colors but gold!!

They probably didn't know what color it was gonna be and just said "BLAM"!!! All gold everything!!

Ho-Oh break confirmed.

Does 200 damage to everything.

The OP was wondering if they had already planned to make BREAK Pokemon that far back in advance (that episode aired around 2000-2001 IIRC.

The OP was wondering if they had already planned to make BREAK Pokemon that far back in advance (that episode aired around 2000-2001 IIRC.

Yeah but was also wondering about the coincidence :P

Oh, well I was just joking. :)

• 4 months later...

As for why it's gold, I give this simple answer: don' ayask mey.   I would like to say for the connection, though, that Ash's wish at that point was to become a pokemon master, yes, but at the very moment when Ho-oh came through, it was more to have a good journey with Pikachu. And to survive. It would appear that the whole H0-oh "forever in happiness" thing hit him literally.

• 3 weeks later...

Why Ho-Oh could have been animated gold: Animation error or too-many-unknown-things-when-the-first-episode-was-made-error.

It would be nice if a movie was made with Ho-Oh in it. It would be even better if Ash got to ride one and remember he saw one on the first day of his journey.

• 3 weeks later...

According to some theories...

Ash Ketchum dies in the First Episode

As Ash was being attacked by wild Spearows, the Legendary Ho-Oh took pity on the poor child, eager to begin his adventure yet doomed so early. Ho-Oh cast its spell of eternal happiness, lifting Ash's soul to a personalized heaven in which he would live out the destiny he was so tragically denied.

According to some theories...

Ash Ketchum dies in the First Episode

I dislike this theory.  While it is true that ho-oh would have the power to at least bring him back to life, if not instate the 'paradise,' this just does not fit well with what we know- except for the Ketchum Effect. (the Ketchum Effect is a characteristic of any system where noting changes, to the point that it hurts.)  I think the best interpretation is just that ho-oh gave him the ability to never grow up.

Archived