Carbink Break is going to be insane....

rgp151

Carbink Break is going to be game breaking. I suspect that almost all the top decks will be running it. 

Let's see:

Carbink Break / Night March

Carbink Break / Vespiquen / Vileplume

Carbink Break / Tina / Toad

Carbink Break / Mega Mewtwo (both varieties)

Carbink Break / Tyrantrum-EX

Carbink Break / Yveltal-EX

Carbink Break / Kingdra-EX

Carbink Break / Lugia / Lugia-EX

And that's not even getting into all of the Fighting decks. I'm sure there are most good combos for this card that I haven't thought of yet as well.

I think Carbink Break / Vespiquen / Vileplume will be big, because right now one of the main problems with this deck is that you often run out of DCEs. Also, Night March will be huge with Carbink Break, because Carbink Break will solve the Jolteon-EX problem. In fact, it's almost insane how well Carbink Break fixes Night March in regard to Jolteon-EX. 

Right now Jolteon-EX completely shuts down Night March, but not only does Carbink have Safeguard to prevent Jolteon-EX from being able to attack it, but it also hits Jolteon for weakness. 

Carbink BREAK – Fighting – HP110  This Pokemon has the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of the Carbink it Break Evolved from.

[F] Diamond Gift: 20 damage. Attach 2 Energy cards from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokemon

May I ask what Carbink BREAK does? lol It sounds great.

Carbink is a basic. It has Safegaurd ability that prevents attacks from EXs. For 1 Fighting & 1 Colorless it attacks for 40 damage. The Break lets you attach 2 of ANY energy (including Double Dragon & DCE) to a benched pokemon, so, for example, for 1 Fighting you can fully load Giratina-EX. The attack cost for the Break is only 1 Fighting.

This gives Night March a way to get back DCEs, plus it also gives them a Safeguard pokemon, plus it also gives them a way to counter Jolteon-EX (which right now is probably the single biggest threat to Night March). 

Carbink BREAK – Fighting – HP110  This Pokemon has the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of the Carbink it Break Evolved from.

[F] Diamond Gift: 20 damage. Attach 2 Energy cards from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokemon

Thank you! And that is quite powerful.

Hold on..

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy10/51/

According to the official website, Carbink BREAK does allow you to attach any energies from the discard pile, however it only allows you to attach to benched fighting Pokémon.

Ohhhhh snap! Well, so much for that idea :P

Okay, Carbink Break is going to be good, but I guess it won't be game breaking after all :P

Okay, never-mind this thread LOL!

In that case, then Maxies Garchomp (or Gallade) is still what Night March needs to do to counter Jolteon-EX.

Cardink BREAK will still be game breaking for any Fighting decks. Loading Strong Energies onto Lucario (or Zygarde) 2 at a time? Plus Safeguard? It will still be a staple in every fighting deck, making many of them OP. But thankfully it does nothing for NM lol

Carbink BREAK would work well with Primal Groudon EX with Barrier Ancient Trait.

Not only can it charge up Primal Groudon EX, it can also become difficult to get rid of Carbink with Safeguard ability. If your opponent has an EX in their active spot, Lysandre and any other trainer cards wouldn't work on Primal Groudon EX.

I've been meaning to try this out with Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick.

Cardink BREAK will still be game breaking for any Fighting decks. Loading Strong Energies onto Lucario (or Zygarde) 2 at a time? Plus Safeguard? It will still be a staple in every fighting deck, making many of them OP. But thankfully it does nothing for NM lol

Yeah, I missed the whole "Fighting Pokemon" thing and was thinking about crazy ideas like Carbink Break Tyrantrum-EX. 

But given that its for Fighting only I think I'll try out Carbink Break / Medicham / Regirock-EX. Being able to easily double load up Medicham, you would be able to hit non-EXs for 30+20(Strong)+20(Strong)+20(2 Regirock)+20(Muscle band)+20(Giovanni's Scheme) = 130 per hit, which means you should be able to take out 2 non-Exs per turn, and of course easily be able to take out 1 EX per turn.

Carbink BREAK would work well with Primal Groudon EX with Barrier Ancient Trait.

Not only can it charge up Primal Groudon EX, it can also become difficult to get rid of Carbink with Safeguard ability. If your opponent has an EX in their active spot, Lysandre and any other trainer cards wouldn't work on Primal Groudon EX.

I've been meaning to try this out with Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick.

I love the primal groundon deck, and this card is going to fit perfectly. It'll allow for a much faster load up, and the deck might become somewhat relevant

I love the primal groundon deck, and this card is going to fit perfectly. It'll allow for a much faster load up, and the deck might become somewhat relevant

Agreed. I'm also thinking about Primal Groudon. When they had it in the shop I got 2 Regirock promos just in case, and I think this may be the time to dust them off. I'm thinking 4X2 Carbink Break, 3X3 Primal Groudon, and 2 Regirock Promo, maybe 1 Hawlucha too. 

Yeah - I'll be adding it to my Lucario deck plus more Max Potion - because you can heal all damage, discard the energy and put Carbink Break in to load them back up.  hmmmm....

Agreed. I'm also thinking about Primal Groudon. When they had it in the shop I got 2 Regirock promos just in case, and I think this may be the time to dust them off. I'm thinking 4X2 Carbink Break, 3X3 Primal Groudon, and 2 Regirock Promo, maybe 1 Hawlucha too.

Wishing I got those regirocks. They are so expensive otherwise.

Which Regirocks are y'all talking about?  I'm a collector - so I've got a lot of XY Promos and I believe at least 2 are Regirock.  Do you know the XY Promo number?

Archived