What do you expect from TCGo

daoneandonly

I wanna hear everybody's expectations for the TCG Online game!

What will it be like? Will there be a leveling system? Will there be ingame chat? How do you think you'll get cards?

What do you think you can buy for the tokens? Which series will be available?

Speculate ahead!

if anything, it'll be much like the pokemon trading card game on the game boy colour. (love it!!)

get a starting deck battle trainers, earn booster packs, build better decks, beat the leaders (i don't know if this site will have deck leaders yet, since it's still the beta.

PTCG 2 which only came out in japan, had a money thing where you could exchange coins for rare cards, in the same kinda way you exchange game corner coins for rare pokemon and TM's in the games. the gems or tokens next to your user name, would most likely be the sites currency, where we would earn them through battles and then exchange them for either single cards, or take the dare by buying virtual booster packs.

I think there will be a lobby. Everybody can sent invites and challenges to everybody present in the lobby. I think their will be a score system, like ranking etc. Maybe like Call of Duty, where you have a ratio. Maybe like Mario Kart where it lists your wins and losses.

With the Tokens I think we will be able to buy booster packs, maybe even theme decks and strong cards. You will probably obtain tokens just by winning online games.

I think when you buy official booster packs, it will come with a code. These codes will probably be reedemable.

I also think the gems are going to be used so that if you really want a new card/deck you can use real world money to purchase that item instead of having to earn so many coins. I also see it where we will be playing against other online or we can play against the computer "trainers".

It would make my day if they had custom decks(AKA: Switching cards around from other decks into a single super-deck.) and trading with other human players.

It would make my day if they had custom decks(AKA: Switching cards around from other decks into a single super-deck.) and trading with other human players.

Trading with other players would be really cool. They should make a trading lobby. Trading cards is a great idea. Imagine if you could buy cards with tokens off of other players. That way if there is a card you don't like you sell to some random guy and you get tokens which might end up being useful.

trading, game chat, dueling against ppl from all over the world (i reallllly want duel errr i mean battle against a person from japan!), lobbies, tittles, tounies/leagues and a online leader board is what im hoping for :)

It's not a GOOD expectation. But I fully expect the game to be one of those 'technically free' games where you can sign up and play for free with a gimped 'free' deck, but only be able to take part in the majority of features if you're a paying customer. That's how these games usually go.

It's not a GOOD expectation. But I fully expect the game to be one of those 'technically free' games where you can sign up and play for free with a gimped 'free' deck, but only be able to take part in the majority of features if you're a paying customer. That's how these games usually go.

that sounds like what wizard 101 said... said totaly free, then you can only do one thing without paying... i wouldnt like that...

It's not a GOOD expectation.  But I fully expect the game to be one of those 'technically free' games where you can sign up and play for free with a gimped 'free' deck, but only be able to take part in the majority of features if you're a paying customer.  That's how these games usually go.

that sounds like what wizard 101 said... said totaly free, then you can only do one thing without paying... i wouldnt like that...

<br />

Companies use it because it works. The only other option I see them doing is making decks only useable if you've purchased them in real life and have the redemption code, and make 'digital card packs' paid-for like a certain other online card game did.

You are probably right, I don’t see “The Pokémon Company” doing a Pay a price once a month like many of these other gaming sites, but I am sure this site is only a gimmick to improve their TCG sales and re-awaken the old popular game thought to of died out years ago; however, that is just my opinion based off my inner fan boy, so don’t rely on me to know the true details.

I have high expectations for PTCGO. As someone who has been waiting for the TCG to officially go online for years now, I am pleasantly surprised by the way TPCi has developed such a true-to-life experience for the web version. I also like how the web version has included classic elements from the old GameBoy Pokemon TCG game while creating a modern aesthetic feel (especially in terms of NPC design).

The thing is, they have to make money off this somehow, or it won't live very long. I doubt that we'll get booster packs for winning games like we did in the GB game. The very least, we'll have to earn tokens to buy booster packs, and people will be able to pay real money for tokens. But that still leaves too much room for people to play for free - I fully expect that there'll probably be a one-time-payment for access to most of the content.

... I am sure this site is only a gimmick to improve their TCG sales and re-awaken the old popular game thought to of died out years ago ...

My thought actually. It is in fact working with slow update strategy because players are somewhat forced to buy a real starter and redeem in order to have a new experience with TCGO.

At first I had great expectations about this because I used to play this game years before, and I was glad to play a new card game online. Now I don't expect much since you can't do anything but post on forums and hope for a new release soon. Way to remove the hype.

I expect it to be better than playing the card game against my husband who is a sore loser and whines and has a little fit whenever I win against him. I'm glad to be able to play the card game with other people online since playing against him is becoming unbearable for me.

The thing is, they have to make money off this somehow, or it won't live very long. I doubt that we'll get booster packs for winning games like we did in the GB game. The very least, we'll have to earn tokens to buy booster packs, and people will be able to pay real money for tokens. But that still leaves too much room for people to play for free - I fully expect that there'll probably be a one-time-payment for access to most of the content.

I honestly think, they will make money out of it but not in the direct way you are mentioning.

I want to take myself as an example, if I may. I'm really getting hooked on TCGo right now. Which ends up in me buying the Red Frenzy deck to play it online. Seeing the RL actual cards I wanted to play in RL. Just a week ago I bought a lot of cards at my local Toys 'R Us. I bought a total of 13 boosters, just in my excitement of playing RL TCG. Yesterday I signed up, for the very first time (which is worth noticing), for a RL TCG (pre-release) tournement. This all I would probably never do without having played TCGo.

I think this game boosts the TCG franchise, by making it more accesible for people who never thought of playing it before. I think they'll take the costs for this project for granted if they'll notice an increase of people playing TCG.

When it's released, it's obviously not going to be fully accessable without some sort of subscription or premium virtual currency (microtransactions) system. This site does cost money to develop and maintain after all. Also, if you could play for free, that would delegate away revenue from the actual TCG in real life. They'll likely use redeemable codes on boosters and structured decks to draw revenue. All the Card Builder would primarily be used for is holding your reemable/purchased cards.

I expect them to hide everything they know and act like they know nothing of it until they update it with someting new, then suddenly they all have a great knowledge on the new feature right when it's released.

I expect them to hide everything they know and act like they know nothing of it until they update it with someting new, then suddenly they all have a great knowledge on the new feature right when it's released.

The Moderators that posts here? Of course they may be aware of some things before we are, not always though lol. They're not allowed to disclose a lot internal development intel of the project after all. Typically, when they do reply, it's usually a standard PR statement.

Hopefully I can just play random people online whenever I want and build whatever deck I want instead of wasting my friday nights at a league.

All I'm hoping for right now is the ability to change what cards are in my deck and earn some new cards every once in a while through battles and tournaments. If it is just that and the threee starter decks on here I'd still be happy with it. If we could unlock more decks by winning or buying them with coins we obtain then that'd be really cool as well. I agree though, it seems highly unlikely that they will allow too much free content, wary that it will detract from actual tcg sales. Many of us older players, children of the early pokemon invasion, won't want to buy new decks just to play online, especially if, like me, they've spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on the tcg in the past. (fyi I had at least one of every card, and at least one first edition of each card, from every set through Team Rocket in the original tcg, and all the promo cards from the league and movies)

i wonder what there will be on 'online deck' or 'creat a deck' column- sorry bad memory EDIT: 'DECK BUILDER'

but i guess there will be a limit to the cards you can get. since you have to buy a theme deck to redeem a code. creating a deck with all cards can be a waste of effort buying new decks.

hopefully all the old cards will be avialbale anyway.

So I'm hearing that in-game booster acquisition is going to be accomplished by buying real booster packs, with a chance of getting a redemption code for a digital booster.

So theoretically, both in-game boosters and actually viable-against-other-player decks will require the purchase of real-life cards to access. Hopefully there will be a way to gather the boosters free as well, but I'm really not holding my breath after finding out about random chances at booster codes in real boosters.

So I'm hearing that in-game booster acquisition is going to be accomplished by buying real booster packs, with a chance of getting a redemption code for a digital booster.

So theoretically, both in-game boosters and actually viable-against-other-player decks will require the purchase of real-life cards to access. Hopefully there will be a way to gather the boosters free as well, but I'm really not holding my breath after finding out about random chances at booster codes in real boosters.

If they do it the way Magic the Gathering does it, you can also buy new decks and new booster packs online for online use.

They probably will, but my concern is mainly not spending money to play. Call it cheap/unrealistic/silly, but I'm not looking to start spending money again on real cards - and if I was going to spend money on something, it would still be on real cards and not on purely digital cards that could go away forever with a database glitch or server crash.

They could always ask for an outrageous number of tokens per booster pack, but I'm thinking the tokens will very likely only be for use buying avatar items.

Archived