Virizion-EX Bug (Not Skyarrow Related)

Valkyria

I was playing in the finals of a Legacy tournament using a modified version of the Virizion/Genesect deck. I'm aware of the Skyarrow bridge bug related to this deck, but this thread is about something else.

I used Virizion-EX's (Plasma Blast) Emerald Slash and selected 2 basic grass energies (Call of Legends) to attach to my benched Sigilyph (Legendary Treasures). But instead of being attached, they went straight to the discard pile. At the time, my opponent did not have any Pokemon with abilities that could have affected this, and there was no Stadium card in play. I re-read Emerald Slash's text several times to see if it only applied to Grass Pokemon or some other restriction, but everything seemed to check out.

Thank you for your time.

I was playing in the finals of a Legacy tournament using a modified version of the Virizion/Genesect deck. I'm aware of the Skyarrow bridge bug related to this deck, but this thread is about something else.

I used Virizion-EX's (Plasma Blast) Emerald Slash and selected 2 basic grass energies (Call of Legends) to attach to my benched Sigilyph (Legendary Treasures). But instead of being attached, they went straight to the discard pile. At the time, my opponent did not have any Pokemon with abilities that could have affected this, and there was no Stadium card in play. I re-read Emerald Slash's text several times to see if it only applied to Grass Pokemon or some other restriction, but everything seemed to check out.

Thank you for your time.

Read sigilyph's ability once again.

-Mextwo

Archived