Unending storage usage

Aluwolf

My device only has 8gb of space and after every usage of this game the file size increases by 200 or more MB. It's over 2gb now and not slowing down. Not really playable unless you have a 16Gb device.

Hey mate!

i assume you are playing this on a mobile device, the fact that this is happening is because of the card case, each time you play your tablet or phone downloads new cards(the ones that come in to play) and those card images are saved on your device! :) total at this moment will be about 6GB of cards:)

edit: ofc you are playing this on a mobile device... you posted this on the android beta test sub forum hahaxD wauw im dumbxD

Hey mate!

i assume you are playing this on a mobile device, the fact that this is happening is because of the card case, each time you play your tablet or phone downloads new cards(the ones that come in to play) and those card images are saved on your device! :) total at this moment will be about 6GB of cards:)

edit: ofc you are playing this on a mobile device... you posted this on the android beta test sub forum hahaxD wauw im dumbxD

Really don't think I can keep playing it then, oh well, guess I'll stick to playing it on my PC

Really don't think I can keep playing it then, oh well, guess I'll stick to playing it on my PC

well atleast you know why it is happening right now^^ i hope you didnt play on your mobile data usage because well then you lost a lot of mobile data on the app

Hopefully they can reduce the card cache size, or make a PTCGO lite version for iPad and Android. The 6.2 GB card cache is *okay* for the PC/Mac clients, as they have a lot of onboard storage, but for 8-32 GB devices, 6.2 GB is a lot. 

Notice this also. Can't tell you how much space was absorbed by ptcgo, but it is kind of cool to have a hi res database of nearly every pokemon card ever printed. An offline option should be included.

Notice this also. Can't tell you how much space was absorbed by ptcgo, but it is kind of cool to have a hi res database of nearly every pokemon card ever printed. An offline option should be included.

Hi res database, yes. Almost every card ever printed? Not so much. There are over 30 Pokemon expansions not included in TCGO, so the PTCGO database is less than half.

I really wish i could move the card cache to my 32gb SD card....My tablet only has ~4gb of space lol

Hey there!

It might be possible to move the app (and hopefully cache!) to an SD card as an alternative storage option. Give this a try!

1. Go to the Android Device's Google Play Store app.
  2. Download the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online app from Google Play Store.
  3. Once the app has been installed go to the device's "Settings".
  4. Scroll down the "Settings" menu until reaching the "Device section" and select "Application Manager".
  5. In the "Application Manager" scroll down the "Downloaded" tab and Reach the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online app, then select it.
  6. Reach the "Storage" section of app's page and select "Move to SD card".

Please note that the steps may vary depending on the Android device model/version.

Let me know if that works! Stay cool!

Hey there!

It might be possible to move the app (and hopefully cache!) to an SD card as an alternative storage option. Give this a try!

• Go to the Android Device's Google Play Store app.
  • Download the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online app from Google Play Store.
  • Once the app has been installed go to the device's "Settings".
  • Scroll down the "Settings" menu until reaching the "Device section" and select "Application Manager".
  • In the "Application Manager" scroll down the "Downloaded" tab and Reach the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online app, then select it.
  • Reach the "Storage" section of app's page and select "Move to SD card".

Please note that the steps may vary depending on the Android device model/version.

Yes, this does work on most devices.

An alternate method would be to download the android client on PC, connect your android device to the pc via USB, move the pokemon apk file to your device's flash memory *** card), unplug your device from the pc, run and install the apk to the current folder (your sd card).

I've done this on 2 tablets and 3 phones (my girls play as well). It's a much faster experience when there is nothing else on the sd card as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there!

• Go to the Android Device's Google Play Store app.
  • Download the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online app from Google Play Store.
  • Once the app has been installed go to the device's "Settings".
  • Scroll down the "Settings" menu until reaching the "Device section" and select "Application Manager".
  • In the "Application Manager" scroll down the "Downloaded" tab and Reach the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online app, then select it.
  • Reach the "Storage" section of app's page and select "Move to SD card".

Does this work on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet? Don't have the tablet I need to choose Z3C or iPad Mini 2 :P

• 3 months later...

Archived