Mew EX Versatile + Round is Incorrectly Applied

Patriarch

I've consistently run up against people in Legacy using a Round deck with Mew EX. Round is counting Mew as a Pokemon "with the Round attack." However, if you read the Compendium, it makes it very clear that Mew EX's Versatile should not count for Round because Mew EX "does not "have" Round.

That's all I got for now. Please fix as soon as you can.

I would argue, even though I don't use the Round deck outside of Rallying Cry in themes, that Mew should count as having the Round attack because it is possible to select the Round attack for use.  What I presume can vary is when it uses Round itself, and the amount of damage it might do, as the damage can vary depending on who is on the board.

wait are you saying this, if Mew is active and on the bench with 4 round Pokemon, is round including the mew on the bench? If from what i can understand what you mean, or are you saying that the damage calculation is wrong because mew does not have "round" So it should not add to the damage?

wait are you saying this, if Mew is active and on the bench with 4 round Pokemon, is round including the mew on the bench? If from what i can understand what you mean, or are you saying that the damage calculation is wrong because mew does not have "round" So it should not add to the damage?

He is saying indeed that a Versatile Mew-EX counts towards the Round calculation.  One would assume that because it does not itself have the Round attack that it would not count.  However, I believe the fact that Versatile allows it to choose the Round attack with another Round user present means that it therefore counts towards it because Versatile gives Mew access to Round, which is being counted towards the Round users.  I think this is actually by design, not by a bug.  The attack also requires any energy (no specific), so Mew can use any energy and have the attack.  Additionally, not all Round users on the bench have to have the energy for Round to count, so Mew counts thus as well.

If there's another example where Mew is not counting towards a combined attack, I'm curious now.

Mew EX counting toward the damage calculation for Round would definitely be a bug.  Even when it's using the attack.

Round: This attack does X damage times the number of your Pokemon that have the Round attack.

Mew EX doesn't have the Round attack.  It just has the ability to use other pokemon's attacks.

Archived