So they put up Darkrai in the shop.... -_-

RogueSpecter

I have been requesting Jirachi XY67 for about 3 months now, have waited patiently and have had enough.... Out of all the bugs, issues, 2.35 etc...etc... My one hope was to at least beg for the chance to get Jirachi into the shop 1 more time for those who missed it (considering it's a staple for most decks!) But no. On the last week of April, you release DARKRAI! It's still Jirachi month! What a slap in the face tbh....

This was my straw, I'm done.... Wont waste another min on a sinking ship with DeVs that don't listen, wont open up the shop to expand upon "Legacy/Promo's" and has more unexpected downtime's that are somehow now predictable and laughable....

He's my original post:   http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/39661-request-for-april-store-additions/

Thanks for nothing.

You had a whole month to at least put it in 1 time during the Jirachi Mythical Release/Collection. -_- Just sad... Lost potential. 

I'm done with PTCGO! 

Edit: I like how they put Darkrai in close to the first week of "Darkrai Mythical" but not Jirachi XY67... But whatever, let the haters hate.

4/28/16

Edit: Looks as if I have to break it down further for those who don't get my post:

#1. Saying in my initial sentence; "I have been requesting Jirachi XY67 for about 3 months" Doesn't mean (I said it should be therefor it SHOULD!) It is me saying I was suggesting for awhile and felt the subject was ignored, (Again, not to say I am a special snowflake and deserved a response, but was frustrated and hence this post!)

So calling me entitled, or childish, just due to my sentence structure, is downright rude and to me not correct. I was stating how I felt about the situation, nothing more nothing less. The end result being that I felt it was time to move on. 

#2. If you feel the need to consistently state falsehoods as far as my responses to these issues, at least come prepared with facts from my prior post! Calling me a "Hater," or "Feels he's entitled" please find specifics in my history of post where I said such things!? If not, then stick to the subject matter in my OP. 

You say you quit, but your addiction and love for this game will pull you right back

Sorry, I'm not addicted to CHAOS! If by addicted to this game you mean; Viciously watching a ship sink, then yes! I guess I was addicted and curious in which end would flounder first! The fact that it's getting worse everyday should be a clear indicator as to the future. At least in my opinion. 

Sorry to see you go. I can't lie that I myself am disappointed in TCGO for returning the Darkrai Bundle. I guess they are preparing us  for when 90% of the rich players are perm banned. Stock up on Plasma Freeze @gem buyers! 

Oh looks like the devs forgot to check their calendar. It's clearly your birthday or something since you're so entitled to getting what you want.

It was pretty logical that Jirachi wouldn't be back again. It has already been there multiple times, while others have only had one or no appearances. I do completely understand your grievance however, since it is a staple. 

That brings me back to the point I have brought up a few times: promos that do not have code cards in physical products NEED to be in the shop permanently, as long as the physical product is still being produced. There is no reason a card that costs a few dollars tops in real life should cost dozens of packs in game. It is terrible for testing decks, when the game claims to mirror the real like thing. 

The other, worse option is bring gems everywhere (I mean, common, it's been how many years now) so the number of tradable copies of these cards will increase tenfold (second time I've used that word today... funny how those things happen). That will reduce the trading cost to get these cards, and at least make it plausible for anyone to get a few copies. 

In a perfect world, both of those suggestions would have happened long ago. 

That brings me back to the point I have brought up a few times: promos that do not have code cards in physical products NEED to be in the shop permanently, as long as the physical product is still being produced.

I think the devs could argue that Jirachi XY67 isn't being produced anymore.  However, there are plenty of copies of the card in circulation through the primary and secondary markets to fulfill demand.  That's what is missing from PTCGO: availability.  The devs create an artificial scarcity for cards that are important to the game.

are you, a child?

+...jirachi promo has been in the shop twicies now....get wit it.

No I am in my 30's but thanks for the remark! "Get with it!" Not "get wit it."

Oh looks like the devs forgot to check their calendar. It's clearly your birthday or something since you're so entitled to getting what you want.

Never said it was, nor did I say that they needed to be attentive to my desires. I clearly just stated that I am fustrated and done! I have a right to speak my mind on that at least....

It was pretty logical that Jirachi wouldn't be back again. It has already been there multiple times, while others have only had one or no appearances. I do completely understand your grievance however, since it is a staple. 

That brings me back to the point I have brought up a few times: promos that do not have code cards in physical products NEED to be in the shop permanently, as long as the physical product is still being produced. There is no reason a card that costs a few dollars tops in real life should cost dozens of packs in game. It is terrible for testing decks, when the game claims to mirror the real like thing. 

The other, worse option is bring gems everywhere (I mean, common, it's been how many years now) so the number of tradable copies of these cards will increase tenfold (second time I've used that word today... funny how those things happen). That will reduce the trading cost to get these cards, and at least make it plausible for anyone to get a few copies. 

In a perfect world, both of those suggestions would have happened long ago. 

This is exactly what my point is! You sir hit the nail on the head, thanks for understanding.

I think the devs could argue that Jirachi XY67 isn't being produced anymore.  However, there are plenty of copies of the card in circulation through the primary and secondary markets to fulfill demand.  That's what is missing from PTCGO: availability.  The devs create an artificial scarcity for cards that are important to the game.

Again, right on point! Thank you!

Its darkrai month for pokemon 20 also they are prepping for FC, also im surprised they haven't put out a vivid set yet bundle :o ;) 

Its darkrai month for pokemon 20 also they are prepping for FC, also im surprised they haven't put out a vivid set yet bundle :o ;)

It's actually not technically Darkrai month until May 1st. Well, I guess no use wishing they had put jirachi in the shop anymore, as I have never seen a bundle be redacted.

You have the option to find a tradable jirachi.

You are correct! But at what cost!? I refuse to pay a ridiculous inflation cost equivalent to around $50 in codes for a $4.99 card that comes with a booster at the store. So, if it's not a such a big deal to you, then hey! Feel free to buy me one then! Oh.... What's that, too expensive for you to do that for another? Then don't proceed to tell me that I should just "hunt" on the Canadian monopolized market for a over inflated card that is "Staple" to most standard decks. 

Seriously, most don't see this as an issue?!  :blink:  Having a staple card (be a promo no less) not more available to the masses, well that's just lunacy....

It's actually not technically Darkrai month until May 1st. Well, I guess no use wishing they had put jirachi in the shop anymore, as I have never seen a bundle be redacted.

yea but itll be darkrai month when bundle is in shop :P i dont mind it tho plf packs r nice except i got 6 and pulled nothing :( 

You are correct! But at what cost!? I refuse to pay a ridiculous inflation cost equivalent to around $50 in codes for a $4.99 card that comes with a booster at the store. So, if it's not a such a big deal to you, then hey! Feel free to buy me one then! Oh.... What's that, too expensive for you to do that for another? Then don't proceed to tell me that I should just "hunt" on the Canadian monopolized market for a over inflated card that is "Staple" to most standard decks. 

Seriously, most don't see this as an issue?!  :blink:  Having a staple card (be a promo no less) not more available to the masses, well that's just lunacy....

You just need to do tournaments and win packs, there are people trading 16 BreakPoint packs for that Jirachi you don't need to spend money, there's always options.

You just need to do tournaments and win packs, there are people trading 16 BreakPoint packs for that Jirachi you don't need to spend money, there's always options.

I have 100's of packs, but that doesn't change my point! See, I like how you said "there's always options." Except for the options that I posted on several occasions and in most resent: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/41332-before-i-leave/ Check the outline for shop changes and what needs to be altered. 

See, I'm not flustered or upset at the fact that I cannot afford this item. It's more about the concept and principal behind the process of shop management. We have a shop that only caters to a small fraction of much needed meta standards. In real life, people have the option to just go to a local store/card shop and get the required cards for specified decks. The fact that Legacy, and certain promo's that are meta staples, are left to the mercy of "weekly bundles" is just bad shop design. We need a secondary shop for such items that make or break game-play. Such an example would be, (LEGACY SHOP/PROMO SHOP.) So having a standard shop, and then a format select shop, (even expanded included.) would be a remedy for an issue. 

If the bundles no longer rotate and are part of the shop (buyable anytime) then there's basically no interest in buying them with gems, as it's pretty sure that all the players who will want them will buy them with tokens... So those who have tradable copies will have a hard time selling and the price will drop to a point where it's no longer interesting for them to buy gems.

Therefore, the sales of gems will be lower, which is in my opinion a good enough reason not to have all those cards permanently in the shop.

As for the "missed opportunity" to have Jirachi, whatever... It might come back in the future.

I don't have any so I would have loved it as well, but it's not really a big deal AND the bundle is good so I don't really feel like we should complain.

Also, it's "Jirachi's month" but honestly, who care about that ?

If the bundles no longer rotate and are part of the shop (buyable anytime) then there's basically no interest in buying them with gems, as it's pretty sure that all the players who will want them will buy them with tokens... So those who have tradable copies will have a hard time selling and the price will drop to a point where it's no longer interesting for them to buy gems.

Therefore, the sales of gems will be lower, which is in my opinion a good enough reason not to have all those cards permanently in the shop.

As for the "missed opportunity" to have Jirachi, whatever... It might come back in the future.

I don't have any so I would have loved it as well, but it's not really a big deal AND the bundle is good so I don't really feel like we should complain.

Who cares about Gems? Like I care about what happens to that market! It's a Canadian Monopoly anyways... It's not like other regions have or most likely getting Gems anyways. So yeah, it becomes saturated. But at the same time, It's not like in real life I am paying $50+ for a promo like with XY67. Mike himself said that PTCGO is supposed to be a similar counterpart to the real TCG. And with this issues, makes it less like the RL counterpart.`

TPCi cares enough to make the devs put Jirachi EX on the VS ladder rewards this month.

are you, a child?

+...jirachi promo has been in the shop twicies now....get wit it.

so "one of forum's biggest haters" is still incorrect of me to have said?.... lol

so "one of forum's biggest haters" is still incorrect of me to have said?.... lol

shes more of a superhero coming around to make a topic worth coming back to.

I have to share this story, rogue reminds me of this guy so much. I had just taken over as a manager for a merchandising crew about 9 years ago. There was this younger guy, built out pretty good, as he was an amateur MMA participant (from what I was told), and was very immature for his age. One time, we were eating lunch together and we were talking about Christmas, as we were finishing a wave of retail resets and it was in mid December. This guy said that he hated Christmas, so I of course asked him why.

It turns out that one time when he was a kid, he didn't get the present he really wanted. I asked him if he got other stuff, and he said he got nice stuff. Just not the one thing he wanted, I think it was an RC car or something like that. So he forever hates Christmas, because he simply didn't ******* little toy. There is a lesson to be learned here.

Man, HILARIOUS. LOLing

lol que? ....so you go out of your way to find my post, from yesterday, almost 16 hrs ago, to tell me that. ..yawn.

Archived