Codes still returning "Invalid"

Tesagk

EDIT

Apparently the support staff are trying to ensure that each claim is legitimate. Probably due to the recent... trading fiasco. As such, they may ask some oddly specific questions.

File a Support Ticket Here: http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227

Thread has been merged by a mod.

Hi all,  we've posted about the known codes giving issues that we are working on.

If you run into any other code types coming back invalid please submit a support ticket and let us know.

Thanks!

--

So, I already filed a ticket. However, I'm wondering if anyone has had similar issues and how it was resolved.

I've been chomping at the bit to redeem codes and, just now, I finally got the chance. All of them went through just fine, except one. My "Powers Beyond Tin: Hoopa" came up as "invalid". I don't have any of the cards from it, I've not put in the code previously.

What gives??

Hi all,  we've posted about the known codes giving issues that we are working on.

If you run into any other code types coming back invalid please submit a support ticket and let us know.

Thanks!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my triple power tins machamp and mewtwo have the same issue but all the boosters went through just fine :( i know 100% that i typed the code in right but it still comes up invalid, and i tried just hitting the claim button but still nothing shows up :(

Same, my mewtwo triple power has not been working. Clearly this is not something just happening to me. You would think with all the maintenance on it lately that they would have figured it out.

Also how do you fill out a ticket? and what exactly does it do?

Same, my mewtwo triple power has not been working. Clearly this is not something just happening to me. You would think with all the maintenance on it lately that they would have figured it out.

Also how do you fill out a ticket? and what exactly does it do?

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227

It's a direct line to support staff, as opposed to waiting for a forum Mod to flag it down and send it on.

Same problem with my Ash-Greninja and literally all of my other codes including old ones that used to say they were already claimed now they say invalid!

Is anyone else still having the problem where legitimate codes are returning "invalid"? I can't redeem my XY9 Elite Trainer Shiny Mega Gyarados as well as my Ash's Greninja-Ex codes as they continue to say "invalid" and both were obtained by me from their respective unopened packages.

Thank you makes me feel more like I may get what I purchased if it's not just me. Somehow when you're alone you feel hopeless.

Ok, I received a bunch of codes today and when entering them it says "code invalid".

Codes are from:

POKEMON PAX EAST - for sleeves.

XY - Trainer kit - pikachu libre and suicune 

Are they not available yet?

Also, are the new league codes working? meganium, bayleef and chickorita?

Any help would be appreciated.

PB

Mine are not working either they have not been working for at least 2 days now. The one's I'm trying to use are Ash's Greninja-Ex and XY9 Elite Trainer Shiny Mega Gyarados.

Same problem with my Ash-Greninja and literally all of my other codes including old ones that used to say they were already claimed now they say invalid!

I finally got a response to my support ticket. They want me to tell them the version number of the "box" (it was a tin) that I got it from ...

Same problem I filed a ticket they are asking me for proof of purchase which I gave them all the information I have... Seems like they are trying to round about the issue. When clearly half the reason I buy the cards as often as I do for my kid is so that I can use his codes online (he is 5).

My opinion is that they are trying to make it harder on us so that they won't have to give us a refund. They asked me for a total of 4 things when I submitted my ticket. They asked for the barcode on the packaging, a picture of the packaging (being the tin), the card that was not working, and proof of purchase. Basically any of these things could have been thrown away already. Luckily I happened to find all of them so I hope I can get a new code for my online deck.

I agree with your thinking. It seems redundant to do all these things when clearly they can check whether or not the code has already been redeemed. If it hasn't most likely you're telling the truth. If you can generate codes why would you go through the hassle of messaging them about a single code when you could just generate more of whatever and trade for what you want. Seems exactly like they want to keep the honest guy down. All I can say is I've been fighting my son to stay with Pokemon and he keeps asking about Yo-Ki Watch. Not so sure I want to keep fighting if it stays like this. I might just go back to splitting our entertainment budget again before we both liked the same thing.

Please submit a support ticket for any codes that are not working correctly.  This is helping us track down the specific batch of codes that are being problematic so we can get it fixed quickly.  In addition, the support team can grant you your missing product in most cases as well.

Thanks!

Please submit this to support so that you can help us determine which code batches aren't working so we can fix it quickly.  In addition the support team can grant the missing items in most cases.

Thank you for your help!

The additional information that support may be requesting is to help us to track down and clearly define the problem codes so that we can fix them quickly.  The support team will be able to grant your missing items in most cases as well.

Thank you for your help!

Are there specific sets that should not be working right now? Because I have not been able to get any Roaring Skies to validate (even though they're valid, pulled by me from a booster box (sealed)).

Also - I'm seeing some collection codes work, while others always say invalid.  Then there are sets like that too, like Plasma Blast, Plasma Freeze and most BW code cards work about 20% of the time?  All others get the same error.  I haven't submitted a ticket because I don't want everyone else to lose redemption because I have all the code cards that won't work.....part of the reason I have so many is redemption being down, so I don't want that to happen again for everyone else.

Thanks,

Holli

I submitted a ticket and gave proof still waiting on a response and literally the amount of effort I've put into a single ticket when they only fix one code at a time is astronomical. I make more money an hour than the entire package I bought at work. Why would I put my time and effort into all of this or continue to purchase this product when it takes more work than it is worth? I can't do this for each and every code I have that says invalid it would take a too much time. I am sorry but the bug needs to be addressed immediately because I have chosen to discontinue purchase of any further product until this stack of codes on my desk works. By that point I can't say I will be returning if it's weeks or months down the road. It would only leave me to wonder what to expect with future bugs. I may be alone in feeling this way but I know for certain it is how I feel.

Is there any way they could work to fix more than one code at a time? I hate to be annoying but it is really affecting my decision to buy more cards. I want to buy more but what is the point if they don't work?

Archived