So... PTCGO is in a race with a Turtle, and the Turtle is winning!

RogueSpecter

Just my thoughts on the Development Process at this point. I made several post about 1.35 and how it was only getting worse, ( Granted this was after the release of the patch, most gave me negative criticism for feedback.)

But I wonder from then to now, how if at all, people feel t'words the issues and considering how this glitch business has also factored into your perception of the development process?

Do you think the "DEFENDERS" of the DEV process are still right? Or do you have another opinion now, especially after such a poorly handled situation and lack of communication?

Please do feel free to post below an opinion.  

My initial post on patch 2.35:   http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/39881-235-and-why-i-dont-like-it/

Edit: Also wanted to note what I said at the end of my OP. 

"There is a ton of other things that I don't really like about the new patch, but don't really care to touch up on it right now... So feel free to express what you like or don't like! Personally there isn't a thing I like about the new patch, and to be honest, I don't see it getting any better any time soon."   

Seems I wasn't too far off on the last sentence.....  Sadly :(

And my opinion on the current issues with pack manipulation and punishment procedure:

There should have been some notification as to such actions, and also a proper system in place to determine if it's a PERM offense or not. But I agree to some extent that too many are shifting attention to the "Lack Thereof" in certain guideline stipulations in the rules, in order to seem less guilty. As others have said.... What was done was still "WRONG!" Granted, I feel, and I am sure those who were affected, should be punished! But a permaban seems kinda harsh if that is the case. 

Here is how I see it:

Players partook in glitching the system, try to make is sound justified on the basis that "Oh, well it's the DeVs fault for not fixing properly, therefor I am not to blame," when in actuality, you didn't affect the sales, or well-being of PTCGO staff, you affected your community by way of potential influx! Some think they were getting a free ride on glitching, which if successful, would have hurt legit players. The lack of consideration to honest players is what really took place when people selfishly scammed free packs. Granted, this was fixed and resulted in an undetermined punishment. 

While I do feel fair treatment needs to be put in place by the DeVs, and banned members need answers as well as the rest of the community (A.K.A put out a statement!!!) I somehow find little pity for those who manipulate, lose, and then whine about losing. Take your lumps and learn from the mistake! Don't feel entitled when it was selfishness in the first place that landed you in this position. 

Also, I am not directing this at anyone in particular, this goes for EVERYONE who did this!

I hope in the next couple of days, all of you who where banned get answers. But in the meantime. Threatening to leave, getting angry because the system bit back, and copping an attitude, makes the whole situation look worse! As well as making those who did the right thing feel a lack of compassion for the situation. I mean.... If you wanna leave the game for good, don't do it over this, do it over the shoddy development process that we have been patiently dealing with to no result

At any-rate. Just my 2 cents on the subject.... 

[^ Taken from a prior post on the subject, and edited to a formal response.]

Also wanna take this time to say; I still have high hopes that the game development can get better, and wish for PTCGO to thrive. Me making these types of post are not to stir up drama, but are made to question the process that has us scratching our heads and playing in discontent. I hope the DeVs see this as a PLEA for betterment instead of just complaints. Although.... Sometimes I can complain like a spoiled brat lol :) 

I agree with your sentiment, a lot still needs done here.  I was one of the people who liked the 2.35 rollout, but not the slowness and bugs that came with it though.

However, I don't see where you believe that most people liked that version, did you miss the 50 or so page thread about all the people who hated it?  You, my friend, were in the majority.  I also disagree with your take on the punishment for the people exploiting the pack bug-to a degree.  Sure, the people who maybe only did a few packs should get a temp ban or something, but the people who were knowingly going crazy with redemptions need a permaban, no questions asked.

And yes, when the punishment, or lack thereof, is meted out, we as a community need to have it communicated to us what is happening to them, it needs to be public so as to let us know that we our well being on this game is valued, and that the staff have little patience with open destruction of their product.

I appreciate threads like this, where we can discuss our viewpoints, and to share where we are as a community with the staff, so they can make decisions they may not make otherwise.

I agree with your sentiment, a lot still needs done here.  I was one of the people who liked the 2.35 rollout, but not the slowness and bugs that came with it though.

However, I don't see where you believe that most people liked that version, did you miss the 50 or so page thread about all the people who hated it?  You, my friend, were in the majority.  I also disagree with your take on the punishment for the people exploiting the pack bug-to a degree.  Sure, the people who maybe only did a few packs should get a temp ban or something, but the people who were knowingly going crazy with redemptions need a permaban, no questions asked.

And yes, when the punishment, or lack thereof, is meted out, we as a community need to have it communicated to us what is happening to them, it needs to be public so as to let us know that we our well being on this game is valued, and that the staff have little patience with open destruction of their product.

I appreciate threads like this, where we can discuss our viewpoints, and to share where we are as a community with the staff, so they can make decisions they may not make otherwise.

YOU.... ARE...... 

Awesome! :) 

I couldn't agree more. Well said!

And yes, hearing your point about people going overboard and a different punishment being put into place, I have to kinda agree. But first and foremost, I think staff need to clarify better for future purposes what types of infractions these actions carry. That is the only thing I think needs addressing before issuing more bans for said issue. But in a whole, I feel ya!

Archived